The song: On The Line

Courtney

Proud Member
I really love this song a lot. It's so beautiful and he sings it with such power. I'm just wondering, did Michael write this song?

i love this song sooo much! its incredible, and i think its one of his best slower songs ever :yes:

i think he wrote it too, but i'm not sure. it should say in the booklet for the ultimate collection :)

haha, I'm actually in the process of ordering the Ultimate Collection, but I can't hold myself away from the song. lol.

Great song. Surprised it was not released on an album sooner. Would have fit nicely with BOTDF or even on Invincible. A video to this would have been fantastic IMO.

OMG I :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: this song! It's sooooo beautiful one of my ultimate slow favourites.

It was also used on the movie 'Get On The Bus', Get on the Bus is a 1996 film about a group of African-American men who are taking a cross-country bus trip in order to participate in the Million Man March. The film was directed by Spike Lee and premiered on the one-year anniversary of the march. Spike Lee directed both versions of Michael's 'They don't care about us' short films.

:) I loooooove the song too!

Great song. Surprised it was not released on an album sooner. Would have fit nicely with BOTDF or even on Invincible. A video to this would have been fantastic IMO.
It was originally was going to be on the "Get On the Bus" soundtrack. For some reason the song was pulled.

song is great, i wish he woulda done more like that, or atleast put em out on the albums

It shoulda been put on BOTDF IMO. It was recorded in '96 and BOTDF was released in '97. Would have fit on that album just fine IMO

Babyface has a sole writing credit on the song so I'm pretty sure he wrote lyrics + music, MJ just performed it.
Great song.

Babyface has a sole writing credit on the song so I'm pretty sure he wrote lyrics + music, MJ just performed it.
Great song.

According to the liner notes on The Ultimate Collection, MJ wrote it, Babyface produced it

As all you said , it´s a great song!! I love it !
Everynight I play it in my Ipod when I go to sleep , It´s so relaxing and peaceful ...

According to the liner notes on The Ultimate Collection, MJ wrote it, Babyface produced it
That’s actually kind of odd; the minimax single gives songwriting credits solely to Babyface.

MS01MzA3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Edit: I also find it interesting that Is It Scary? is written in all caps.

One my all time songs ... and was obsessed with the script. ...the film... everything .
I haven’t seen the film! It’s good, isn’t it? Need to get a hold of it. But I presume it’s not on streaming, is it?

🤔

I haven’t seen the film! It’s good, isn’t it? Need to get a hold of it. But I presume it’s not on streaming, is it?

🤔
It's absorbing. as i said i liked the script it was so bouncy whilst it told an important event. It was really controversial at the time, but i was into that. I was into these films at the time . I loved Menace II society too Juice too, Poetic Justice too .., but that is for another thread..

this fim though .. "An absorbing tale of unique moment in history; strong language."
I know that to own Spike Lee's work you can get the dvd even vhs on ebay , the dvd on amazon ...high price , but second hand it is middle price range , Amazon prime ...well its not in my location it might be for you though.

Streaming hmmm...i'm clueless about that stuff (sorry!) but quite possibly with You Tube ...

Full Movie @Agonum :)

It's absorbing. as i said i liked the script it was so bouncy whilst it told an important event. It was really controversial at the time, but i was into that. I was into these films at the time . I loved Menace II society too Juice too, Poetic Justice too .., but that is for another thread..

this fim though .. "An absorbing tale of unique moment in history; strong language."
I know that to own Spike Lee's work you can get the dvd even vhs on ebay , the dvd on amazon ...high price , but second hand it is middle price range , Amazon prime ...well its not in my location it might be for you though.

Streaming hmmm...i'm clueless about that stuff (sorry!) but quite possibly with You Tube ...

Full Movie @Agonum :)
Wow. The whole thing? Looks like I have to book this in for an evening this week.

Back