The Soul thread

Mark finally covered I Can't Help It with Lady Alma:

http://nutriot.com/tracks/lady-alma-i-cant-help-it/

and this is what he said about Mike:

we lost a true gem and a goliath in his prime. i don't really have ample words to pay homage and full respect to MJ and his passing... so i'll hand it over to some music. lady alma and i recorded this a while back but this seems an appropriate time to share it with everyone... feel free to share and vibe outtttt :)

rest in peace MJ​

You know I have to admit, When i found out Stevie wrote this song for MJ, wondering how Stevie would sound on it, never crossed my mind. It is one of the earliest memories I have of MJs songs, it came out before I was born, but when I first consciously heard it, I recognized it, and I couldn't imagine anyone else singing it. i love Stevie, but to me, MJs voice does things on that song that is almost uncanny.

[youtube]_5EEZtn0V90&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]xlxT1BTMVlU&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]yXzB5Ivr72U&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]XfR8wYj2yAQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]_Air5rVyiK0&fmt=18[/youtube]

The poster must have spent a bit of time making that video. I wouldn't bother doing something like that, especially knowing Youtube will delete stuff at any time, lol.

Oh I didn't make the video. I just posted it here for the song. Now that I look at the whole video, I see what you mean. I didn't even watch it before. Thought it was just a CD cover for the whole song or something.

[youtube]Zf75zH68oEw&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]nRTqRguFDsg&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]STs3utK_MVQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]gtSaYwtMSjg&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]BS5Tar5Cr4g&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]RkjYPMMB6WQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]3qE0EPhLafk&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]bIcxqM7XIic&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]i6rJ99yi04Y&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]Db6uYSP0cvI&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]od28jxxR8IM&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]E39bu329F44&fmt=18[/youtube]

[youtube]x4uIJg4U1p0&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]UtLsNEzpHFI&fmt=18[/youtube]

Soul!

If anyone is interested there are a few episodes of the old PBS show SOUL! uploaded. You can see them here:
SOUL!

[youtube]cQBV57yd6rU&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]jACxYHvAkYU&fmt=18[/youtube]

Back