The Unfaithful and Irritating Editing of the 30th Anniversary Concerts

mj_frenzy;4306252 said:
It appears the reason is that the ‘Dangerous’ performance (with its dark lyrics, and its dark on stage concept where his back up dancers wear red, ‘bloody’ gloves) would not fit the celebratory mood of those 2001 MSG shows.

I mean he sang about gang warfare, racism etc. Hardly celebratory in theme.

mj_frenzy;4306252 said:
He also looked very embarrassed on stage, when for example in the very beginning (in one of the two shows) he scratches his head right after removing his helmet (for the ‘Can You Feel It’ performance).

[video]https://youtu.be/Daki_NLFu6M?t=66[/video]

I mean, he could've just been fixing his hair. He wasn't even looking at the audience yet, so this doesn't make sense to me.

Pardon me, mj_frenzy, I don’t mean to start stuff but I don’t see why you have to assume there’s a detailed reason behind everything. I highly doubt the reason he didn’t perform Dangerous was because of the celebratory mood. Why couldn’t it have just been because of time constraints or more simpler, he just didn’t think about it? That’s enough of a satisfactory explanation.

Last edited:
Were there songs that were supposed to be on the setlist but ended up not being performed? There must have been revisions made to it prior to the shows.

Were there songs that were supposed to be on the setlist but ended up not being performed? There must have been revisions made to it prior to the shows.

I think One Day in Your Life was rehearsed. If it was then it's criminal that it didn't make it into the show

I mean, he could've just been fixing his hair. He wasn't even looking at the audience yet, so this doesn't make sense to me.

lmao that definitely looks more like he was fixing his hair than "scratching his head":rolleyes:

I think One Day in Your Life was rehearsed. If it was then it's criminal that it didn't make it into the show

It was going to be a duet with Whitney Houston.

EOstbvq.png

Bad and Thriller had jackets made but were cut for time reasons. Thriller was all black.

WOW! I never heard about the Bad outfit.
Is there any pictures? I remember there is a picture of the Black Thriller jacket by Bush.

dethorro;4306390 said:
It was going to be a duet with Whitney Houston.

EOstbvq.png

I need these rehearsals so bad. I know Hamid Moslehi has them, Charles Thomson has seen them at Hamid’s house. He said that Michael rehearsed at MSG and also in a dance studio with his brothers, and that the rehearsals were more interesting than the actual performance. I’d love to be the judge of that :D

dam2040;4306384 said:
Bad and Thriller had jackets made but were cut for time reasons. Thriller was all black.
I've heard of Thriller being on the setlist (cut due to time constraints, right?), but was Bad actually planned to be performed? Is there photo of the outfit or is it just the original outfit he wore on the Bad and Dangerous Tours?

Snek;4306398 said:
I need these rehearsals so bad. I know Hamid Moslehi has them, Charles Thomson has seen them at Hamid’s house. He said that Michael rehearsed at MSG and also in a dance studio with his brothers, and that the rehearsals were more interesting than the actual performance. I’d love to be the judge of that :D
I remember when a small snippet of a Billie Jean rehearsal (it was just part of the whole suitcase thing and a only a little bit of the song's intro) was shared last year from someone who may have the full rehearsals. I think the source was MJ's bodyguard or something. The rehearsals would definitely be interesting to watch, especially if Thriller and other songs that didn't make the final setlist were rehearsed

During his rehearsals (with his brothers, his solo sets, and the three duets) for the MSG shows, Michael Jackson was feeling much better, compared to how he was feeling during the two actual shows.

As Jackie Jackson and Randy Jackson also stated, the brothers (including Michael Jackson) rehearsed together very little, because they wanted to be on stage as natural as possible and not too staged or contrived.

On September 6th, 2001 (in the morning), Michael Jackson rehearsed his three duets (Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, NSYNC).

An orchestral/string issue during the rehearsals (as confirmed by Greg Phillinganes who was there) led to the cancellation of his ‘One Day In Your Life’ duet with Whitney Houston.

Later (in the evening of the same day) Michael Jackson took a break from the rehearsals because he had to appear at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards for his brief, surprise performance.

He never rehearsed ‘Thriller’ and ‘BAD’ for the MSG shows, because he was never meant to perform these two songs in these MSG shows.

mj_frenzy;4306454 said:
He never rehearsed ‘Thriller’ and ‘BAD’ for the MSG shows, because he was never meant to perform these two songs in these MSG shows.

If he was never meant to perform Thriller, why Michael Bush created the Black Thriller jacket for the show?? Just because he was bored?

Well, I rather believe to someone who work for Michael and was a very good friend of his for almost 30 yrs, than someone who is trolling here everyone with his made up statements, like " Michael Jackson wasn´t feeling good etc... " :D :D

I don´t think that Bush was so bored or wanted to fill the 10cm of white blank page in his book, so he would create the black thriller jacket... :D :D That is just hilarious

Why would Michael have worn a black jacket for this song at these shows when it's supposed to be red? I mean, it looks cool, but he would have already worn a black jacket in Beat It, Billie Jean (even if embellished with sequin, it's still a black jacket), and You Rock My World. Is it because of the setting, where red would appear out of place in a predominantly blue and black atmosphere? Even so, if we're talking iconic looks, the original red jacket would have been the way to go.

lubyss;4306509 said:
Well, I rather believe to someone who work for Michael and was a very good friend of his for almost 30 yrs, than someone who is trolling here everyone with his made up statements, like " Michael Jackson wasn´t feeling good etc... " :D :D

I don´t think that Bush was so bored or wanted to fill the 10cm of white blank page in his book, so he would create the black thriller jacket... :D :D That is just hilarious

You intentionally distort my statements, or you simply cannot understand what I write.

I specifically wrote that “…Michael Jackson was feeling much better, compared to how he was feeling during the two actual shows”.

I did not write that during the two actual shows “Michael Jackson wasn’t feeling good”.

There is a huge difference between these two quotes.

mj_frenzy;4306511 said:
You intentionally distort my statements, or you simply cannot understand what I actually write.

I specifically wrote that “…Michael Jackson was feeling much better, compared to how he was feeling during the two actual shows”.

I did not write that “Michael Jackson wasn’t feeling good” during the two actual shows.

There is a huge difference.

**REMOVED by Admin**

A quote for you to print out and hang on your wall:

"NOONE but Michael Jackson, could know how Michael Jackson FELT." - Electro

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would Michael have worn a black jacket for this song at these shows when it's supposed to be red? I mean, it looks cool, but he would have already worn a black jacket in Beat It, Billie Jean (even if embellished with sequin, it's still a black jacket), and You Rock My World. Is it because of the setting, where red would appear out of place in a predominantly blue and black atmosphere? Even so, if we're talking iconic looks, the original red jacket would have been the way to go.

Maybe because he did do for Beat It too. Maybe he asked Michael Bush to make black versions of both jackets. I wish Michael had wore white shirt for Black and White like before instead of the Billie Jean jacket. He could have easily used the one he had when performing with his brothers earlier.

mj_frenzy;4306511 said:
You intentionally distort my statements, or you simply cannot understand what I write.

I did not write that during the two actual shows “Michael Jackson wasn’t feeling good”.

There is a huge difference between these two quotes.

You don't know shit about how Michael was feeling or thinking at any given moment in his life. No one but Michael knows that, unless he himself directly shared this information. "This dodgy source said it, so that's how it was" doesn't count. Stop acting like you know things about Michael that you don't know and relaying it as if it's factual. It's incredibly obnoxious and everyone on the forum is sick and tired of it.

Maybe because he did do for Beat It too. Maybe he asked Michael Bush to make black versions of both jackets. I wish Michael had wore white shirt for Black and White like before instead of the Billie Jean jacket. He could have easily used the one he had when performing with his brothers earlier.
Well it was more of audience song & it was right after billie jean. He asked the audience to chose a song & they were gonna play leave me alone & then it stopped & they played black or white. but it wouldve been cool in the classic black or white piece in 2001

Well it was more of audience song & it was right after billie jean. He asked the audience to chose a song & they were gonna play leave me alone & then it stopped & they played black or white. but it wouldve been cool in the classic black or white piece in 2001
It was Rock My World, not Leave me Alone, although that would have been cool.

You are so damn thick, it's beyond comprehension.

A quote for you to print out and hang on your wall:

"NOONE but Michael Jackson, could know how Michael Jackson FELT." - Electro

Since day one of creating this place one of the tone's I set was 'do not attack other members'

You can get your point across without personally attacking people no matter how annoying they may be, please Reword your post's so your point gets across without it being personal - thanks.

Since day one of creating this place one of the tone's I set was 'do not attack other members'

You can get your point across without personally attacking people no matter how annoying they may be, please Reword your post's so your point gets across without it being personal - thanks.

Please adjust the "Last edited by ..." if you modify posts by other people. Thanks.

Back