The verdict thread .. GUILTY.. Murray remanded without bail

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
So is Murray saying when MJ had the drip he watched him but when he didn't he just gave him a shot of propofol and left the room? is that what he's saying or is he saying he left him alone no matter what he allegedly did?

So is Murray saying when MJ had the drip he watched him but when he didn't he just gave him a shot of propofol and left the room? is that what he's saying or is he saying he left him alone no matter what he allegedly did?

I believe what Murray is saying is that he watched him as long as the propofol would have been effective, by drip or shot. He used it just to tip him into sleep to allow the other medications to work & then Michael slept on his own, so CM did not need to be there, just checked on him. The propofol he used would have only lasted as my understanding is 5-7 minutes when it was 25mg propofol- maybe 10-15 minutes with the 50 mg.

Ok, please help me. I love MJ so much and I'm so glad Murray has been convicted.
But, my husband isn't. And he is giving me a hard time about Murray's conviction.

He wants to know why it's manslaughter as opposed to filing for a malpractice suit.
And if this trial isn't just a way for people to blame mjs death on someone.

It is manslaughter because through Murray's gross negligence his patient died. Even if (and I don't believe he did) Michael took pills and injected himself with propofol it is still Murray's gross negligence because Murray left him alone. They listed 17 seperate acts of Murray which amounted to gross misconduct and no duty of care. I think malpractice would mean injuring your patient not killing him.

becausee his actions were classed as being CRIMINALLY negligent under the law.

In the news today i was watching about american couple who killed russian adopted son. They charged the first degree murder but had verdict just involuntary manslaughter. The child was beaten a lot and died because of it. Judge took a decision just suspended sentence. He allowed good character references.
Well, only suspended sentence for child's life.
I'm scary to be honest...

Sorry if this has already been answered but - is it being televised? Thank you.

Yes it will be Televised its part of the trial _just as the verdict was televised.

I have a feeling he's going to be convicted to three years, not four because he has no prior criminal record.

MMcParland on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/MMcParland
Much media talk about CM's sentencing hearing next Tuesday. Here are some thoughts.

Under CA law, invl mansl carries 2,3,or 4 years prison.

Under s.1170 of CA Penal Code, where there are 3 sentences specified judge must pick the middle one, unless aggravating or mitigating circs.

Thus at the sentencing hearing, both sides will adduce evidence. Pros will argue aggravating circumstances looking for a 4 year sentence.

The def will adduce mitigating evidence look to reduce the sentence as much as they can. CM has the right to be heard, but no right to xexam.

So defence cannot x- examine any member of the Jackson family who gives evidence at CM's sentencing hearing. Letters etc are admissible.

Conrad Murray could give evidence himself, and ask the judge for leniency. Given his tv doc performance that might be less than fruitful.

Several patients testified to CM's quality of work during the trial. I wouldn't expect the Def to call any others, unless some come forward.

The suggested recriminations on strategy post conviction between Def team and CM might result in a mixed bag of evidence being presented.

If sentenced to prison, the time actually served will depend on impact of CA Realignment Act. Judge asked for memos on that from both sides.

Back