This is also my first post

Lark

Proud Member
Hi Everyone, I have no idea how to start so I will follow the example of my fellow new member and tel you about how I ended up here...

When I was a little girl, I loved Michael. I only have a few memories of this, but I did dress up as him for some event at a summer day camp, and I still have a journal entry I wrote when I was six about wanting to meet him. That same year I saw him sing Heal The World at the Superbowl on TV. I did not understand the lyrics or really hear what the singers were saying, but I loved Will You Be There, although I have never seen Free Willy. In the summer on 95, I listened to nothing but History and The Lion King.

But I grew up in a very cynical family, and I never fit in with them. Everything I wore, said, thought, or did was criticized since I can remember. Michael stopped being a part of my world, and I never read tabloids and or watched the news. When he passed away I was shocked, as everybody was, but I pretty much went on with my life. I couldn't afford a TV at the time and was working the day of the memorial, and that was that.

In July of this year I saw the Cirque Tribute show. Obviously it was fantastic, and I went home thinking "I forgot how much I loved his music!" After a few days, I searched some songs on youtube. I kept doing this for a couple of days, until one night I went to bed and just started to cry. I was thinking, as a grown woman "What is wrong with you? You never knew him" but I felt like there was a smaller me bubbling up inside that I had been ignoring for a long time, and that smaller me DID know him.

I think that Michael's music speaks to the child in me that I left behind because I wanted to fit in. It was only after this happened that I found out how much he loved children and wanted to help people-- I honestly had no idea. Never knew anything about who he really was. I knew about Heal The World (the song, not the foundation), but that was it. I wish I had known. He is such a role model for how to be strong, without being hard.

Sorry to go on so long, but I have not spoken about this to anyone. I guess it really is easier to pour your heart out on a keyboard to strangers then it is to talk to people you know in person. I wanted to reach out to some fans because I find it hard to relate to people in my life who like his music, but don't know how to feel about him.

When I listened to Will You Be There again as an adult, I was amazed that it still speaks to me on so many levels, and still it spoke to me when I was too small to understand why.

Edit: I was trying to keep it short, but never got to the point which is that I have done a lot of soul searching in the past few months and now I just want to live his message, and make sure everything I do is with the L.O.V.E.! I am hoping to find some other like-minded fans on here.

Lark

Last edited:
Hi Rose! My name is Christine.

I'm a little embarrassed that I revealed so much in that post, and it sounds so serious now that I read it over, but I don't really think anyone here will judge me :) I'm just not used to using many smiley faces when I type, I hope I didn't come off too serious.

Thank you for your response, it is so nice to meet you. I love Heal the World too, this might sound strange but when I think of Michael, I feel like I'm six years old again because watching him sing it at the Superbowl is my most vivid memory of him.

I just wanted to add that all of this inspiration from Michael has got me thinking positive lately, and I've been listening to Keep The Faith almost every day. About an hour ago, I got a job offer I've been trying to get for a year and a half! So happy and grateful for the inspiration to keep at it because I had given up before the Immortal show.

Welcome Lark :ciao:

Indeed, this is the place where you can HEAL your :heart:
It still amazes me that Michael is the ONLY ONE who can still 'calm' me down and 'ground' me so I can be strong in this world :beee:

I don't speak about Michael too to 'colleagues' or even family any more as they don't understand your :heart: for Michael but that's WHY we have MJJC here :angel:

CONGRATS on your job offer and by all means KEEP THE FAITH...

Thank you MIST! Yes, I have spent the summer researching all I can about Michael, including the court documents. It was so easy to see the truth once I educated myself. We live in an age of information and ignorance in a choice! Thank you for the link, it is great to have all that information in one place.

As for the oxford speech, it holds a special place in my heart. I only wish I had known about it when it was happening, as a struggling youth it would have meant to much to me. Sadly, the media made sure his message did not get through to kids like me. But I love to read it now and be reminded that he loved all the children of the world, and I include myself in that group even though I'm an adult now.

Thanks for the welcome and the links!
Lark

Hi Everyone, I have no idea how to start so I will follow the example of my fellow new member and tel you about how I ended up here...

When I was a little girl, I loved Michael. I only have a few memories of this, but I did dress up as him for some event at a summer day camp, and I still have a journal entry I wrote when I was six about wanting to meet him. That same year I saw him sing Heal The World at the Superbowl on TV. I did not understand the lyrics or really hear what the singers were saying, but I loved Will You Be There, although I have never seen Free Willy. In the summer on 95, I listened to nothing but History and The Lion King.

But I grew up in a very cynical family, and I never fit in with them. Everything I wore, said, thought, or did was criticized since I can remember. Michael stopped being a part of my world, and I never read tabloids and or watched the news. When he passed away I was shocked, as everybody was, but I pretty much went on with my life. I couldn't afford a TV at the time and was working the day of the memorial, and that was that.

In July of this year I saw the Cirque Tribute show. Obviously it was fantastic, and I went home thinking "I forgot how much I loved his music!" After a few days, I searched some songs on youtube. I kept doing this for a couple of days, until one night I went to bed and just started to cry. I was thinking, as a grown woman "What is wrong with you? You never knew him" but I felt like there was a smaller me bubbling up inside that I had been ignoring for a long time, and that smaller me DID know him.

I think that Michael's music speaks to the child in me that I left behind because I wanted to fit in. It was only after this happened that I found out how much he loved children and wanted to help people-- I honestly had no idea. Never knew anything about who he really was. I knew about Heal The World (the song, not the foundation), but that was it. I wish I had known. He is such a role model for how to be strong, without being hard.

Sorry to go on so long, but I have not spoken about this to anyone. I guess it really is easier to pour your heart out on a keyboard to strangers then it is to talk to people you know in person. I wanted to reach out to some fans because I find it hard to relate to people in my life who like his music, but don't know how to feel about him.

When I listened to Will You Be There again as an adult, I was amazed that it still speaks to me on so many levels, and still it spoke to me when I was too small to understand why.

Edit: I was trying to keep it short, but never got to the point which is that I have done a lot of soul searching in the past few months and now I just want to live his message, and make sure everything I do is with the L.O.V.E.! I am hoping to find some other like-minded fans on here.

Lark

Hi Lark :huggy:eek:h my gosh Bless you , you so touched my heart so much ( made me cry) God Bless You , my names Lis xxxxxx:welcome_sign:lovely to meet you xxx

Thank you everybody for the warm welcomes! I am so happy to meet you all, genuinely.

Hi Christine, my name's Irma. I'm very glad that you discovered Michael again and that you're starting to get to know him more now that you have the chance..most of us do have certain regrets when it comes to Michael since we think oh I should've done this or seen this when he was here.. maybe devote more time to support him and let him know how loved he was, although I'm sure he knew, but yeah, you know what I mean..I have been there myself, since I've been a fan of his for almost 12 years. At one point I neglected my love for him so to speak and left everything related to his life aside for a few years (still listened to the music though), now of course I regret it enormously but the memories he gave me during my early years will forever be in my heart and now more than ever I'm sure I'll never leave him. I'm glad you're more positive with your life now and congrats on your job offer. Welcome to MJJC!! We hope to see you around often! :hug:

It's impressive to see how Michael can manage to make people "get back in touch" with parts of their lives they thought long gone and, at the same time,find inspiration for the future. Welcome to the forum, Christine!

Thank you everybody for your kind and understanding replies, I feel so welcomed! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Back