This Is It 10th Anniversary Boxset

dam2040;4271457 said:
You’re doing an incredible job, thank you man. Forget the Estate, the fans are the real carriers of Michael’s legacy. We found out about the train station lie in LN, we debunked the whole film, we got the concerts... it’s us.

We still carry michael 's legacy we always will

What if they used all the material possible for This is it. "Good" material. What if thats all the footage of michael they have and they had to work with what they had in 2009.

I wonder if they would release that the songs seen in the movie without dubbing? Many of them had dubbed vocals in the movie.

There is about 8 song that are yet to be seen. Stranger in Moscow , Dangerous , Dirty Diana , Rock With You, You Are Not Alone, Will You Be There, Heal The World / We Are The World. Also the footage from the 23rd/24 June 09 is very useable - with the big screen working on those nights. His vocals and performances were much better during those nights (watch Black or White from the 23rd). There is marketing value because those photos are exclusively from the 23rd. Further in Conrad Murray's Trial Sony stopped this footage being shown to the jury due to "high monetary value" for Sony. The crew all said those nights were best at the AEG trial. I think this may prove that Sony only has limited good footage left of Michael, so unfortunately we may have to wait for the 20th or 25th anniversary of This Is It where they could do a big celebration at the time.

Ive decided im gonna buy it

congratulations for supporting a money-hungry estate.
people like you are the reason why the estate get through with their shitty releases without
giving the fans anything they want in a decade.

This year is also the 40th anniversary of Off The Wall. I’m sure most fans would rather see a 40th anniversary edition of Off The Wall than This It It boxset. Now I know that Off The Wall was recently reissued in 2016, but that was terrible. Off The Wall deserves so much better. But The Estate are as per usual absolutely clueless.

Billyjeanplxiv;4271654 said:
What if they used all the material possible for This is it. "Good" material. What if thats all the footage of michael they have and they had to work with what they had in 2009.
I think I remember (somewhere on the DVD) someone saying that he did a dress rehearsal of Billie Jean with the hat and the glove.....

Nite Line;4271725 said:
This year is also the 40th anniversary of Off The Wall. I’m sure most fans would rather see a 40th anniversary edition of Off The Wall than This It It boxset. Now I know that Off The Wall was recently reissued in 2016, but that was terrible. Off The Wall deserves so much better. But The Estate are as per usual absolutely clueless.
Dangerous 30 (in 2021) would be good :)

Wow, that's really shameful of you to say that. If someone wants to buy it, let them. It's their money and their decision. If you don' want to buy it, that's fine. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that no one else should. That's a shitty attitude.

mo_rizwan;4271729 said:
Dangerous 30 (in 2021) would be good :)

It would be nice but won’t happen. Let’s be honest. MJ’s most iconic albums in the eyes of the general public (Estate’s targeted audience) are Thriller, Bad and Off The Wall. And the Estate only really care about Thriller and to an extent Bad. They don’t even care much about Off The Wall, if Off The Wall’s 2016 project is anything to go by. I very much doubt we will get Dangerous 30, sadly.

Wow, that's really shameful of you to say that. If someone wants to buy it, let them. It's their money and their decision. If you don' want to buy it, that's fine. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that no one else should. That's a shitty attitude.

In my opinion its a shameful attitude to support stuff when you know that it was not done for MJs legacy but simply for greedy people..

Debbie Downer

In my opinion its a shameful attitude to support stuff when you know that it was not done for MJs legacy but simply for greedy people..
It seems to me that you are the greedy one because you are not getting stuff you want and putting down a person who wants to buy this set. :laughing: No company is obligated to put out something just because you want it. There's a long time rumor that Stevie Wonder has it that all of his unreleased music is to be destroyed upon his passing. There's no law that says that unreleased stuff has to come out. They can release whatever they like. It's not that serious. Anyway if Mike wanted something to be released, he would have put it out when he was alive. He didn't. So are you mad at him too for not doing so?

Although everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion I don't think anyone will benefit from attacking other fans/collectors for the choices they made. The box is available, it looks nice and if you wanna have it just go for it and enjoy it. Who am I to decide whether one should by it or not.

Yes, this release is ridiculous expensive, it doesn't make sense to buy this at all. Still if you are a collector you probably just want to have it, and that's that. I truly hope that doesn't lead to more of these kinda ridiculous releases.

At the end of the day, the Estate is here to make money. Supporting any MJJ release, means you support the Estate and it has more to do with making money than protecting his legacy. Now if that means you wanna boycott the Estate, go ahead. But don't judge other people if they choose otherwise. Making money is their main goal. It would be nice if they did it in a bit of more respectful way and actually release stuff that's interesting and reasonably priced. I loved the BAD 25 release for example. Repacking stuff we already have in a nice looking, but cheap to produce box is a bit disrespectful. Especially when the content sucks and the price is out of this world. Still, a lot of artist do it. The last Pink Floyd boxes for example; yes the content is better than this release, yes it has unreleases stuff, but still though... €650,00.. Wow.

Nowadays for record labels, it's just hard to make money from selling music. The money is in touring these days and when touring is no longer an option you decide to sell overprices boxes.

Re: Debbie Downer

It seems to me that you are the greedy one because you are not getting stuff you want and putting down a person who wants to buy this set. :laughing: No company is obligated to put out something just because you want it. There's a long time rumor that Stevie Wonder has it that all of his unreleased music is to be destroyed upon his passing. There's no law that says that unreleased stuff has to come out. They can release whatever they like. It's not that serious. Anyway if Mike wanted something to be released, he would have put it out when he was alive. He didn't. So are you mad at him too for not doing so?

You're putting words in my mouth i never said..
I said everything i wanted to say.

I think I remember (somewhere on the DVD) someone saying that he did a dress rehearsal of Billie Jean with the hat and the glove.....
I don't think that happened on stage. It might have been at some dance rehearsal.

Re: Debbie Downer

You're right. that's what i been trying to tell people.

record companies getting harder to make money is because nobody hardy buy physical disc and records anymore. and if people do buy them their for collectors people buy music online then they do at the store etc.

Nite Line;4271725 said:

Maybe we'll get something for Off The Wall 45 2024 or 50 2030. 2024 is not so far away.

We can only hope.
Please learn how to reply to everyone in one comment. :)

Yeah this release is not worth it imo but if people want to still buy it that is their choice. I doubt this will sell well though.

I understand holding on to new music because the vault might not have that much left. As for concerts I really hope they release more.

Nite Line;4271725 said:

I AGREE! Come on, Off the Wall deserves something much better than the 2016 reissue.

8701girl;4271711 said:
Ive decided im gonna buy it

Good for you. I like that YOU made up your OWN mind and didn’t allow anyone to BULLY or persuade you to follow THEIR mindset.

somewhereinthedark;4271821 said:
Good for you. I like that YOU made up your OWN mind and didn’t allow anyone to BULLY or persuade you to follow THEIR mindset.

i like to collect mj memobilla so thats why im getting it

Doesnt prince & paris get a say so over what the estate does? Man mj couldnt have been my father....i wouldve been ceo of the mj estate by now & FIRE everyone & start fresh because idk WTF is going on over there!

Doesnt prince & paris get a say so over what the estate does? Man mj couldnt have been my father....i wouldve been ceo of the mj estate by now & FIRE everyone & start fresh because idk WTF is going on over there!

Sadly they can't. which i find very stupid. i'm not sure if he wanted that way or not because he left us too quickly.

analogue;4272266 said:
But we got an amazing piece of chalk

………………..

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/zY1tpIp7TdtO8" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/michael-jackson-zY1tpIp7TdtO8"></a></p>

Back