'This Is It' as his personal thriller

Yes. Kenny's decisions to mkae the film totally about Michael and the music were wise and heartfelt and made a much better tribute to Michael than a documentary style movie with interviews. He let Michael do all the talking and boy, did he ever!

Ditto! ITA!

Thanks for posting. Bittersweet as always but a good read. :flowers:

I believe Michael rehearsaled bad, stranger in Moscow, you are not alone etc, they should add these ALL to DVDs. lol.

:D Agreed. Well the article says songs so there is more that will be on the DVD.

Great article! Stranger in Moscow, oh I love that song! And I really, really hope that Dirty Diana will be on the DVD as well. I can't wait for the DVD release either!

"We were just a couple of numbers away," Ortega says. "We were ready for Michael to step into 'Dirty Diana.' He'd already been part of the conceptualization of the number. On the afternoon of the day he died, he was going to step into the number. And then we still had to do the 'We are the World' and the 'Heal the World' sequence. We had the skeleton, but we were going to put those together in London because there were children's choirs involved." Other than that, Ortega says, Jackson had rehearsed everything and can now be seen doing so.

"We could have shown more behind-the-scenes stuff, but Kenny felt strongly that Michael would have wanted to include more songs for the fans," explained Key. "It was also Kenny's decision that we wouldn't do it like a documentary with interviews and new footage."

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

In the course of about a month, the duo worked seven-day weeks at Sony, clipping and tweaking their 2 3/4 -hour cut into the finished movie. To allay concerns over piracy, there was no Internet connection in the offices and only those with special passes were even allowed into the rooms where four editors and five assistants were putting together the movie, code-named "Industrial".

This is a very interesting article.

Thanks for posting it Erik.

Marty In LA

Man, oh man. It is a *good* thing that I will be in my room, curled up on the couch, by myself when I watch this DVD...

It is good that they will include SIM in DVD, but it looks like they try to milk every single dollar from MJ fans. They put just ONE new song to SD, now they want you to buy DVD because of “Stranger in Moscow”. They know how to get money from our pocket. This is why I didn’t watch TII movie. Kenny is not stupid and remember last Kenny’s interview about MJ was weird. I do not trust Kenny, AEG, Sony etc. Maybe I will better rent this DVD and this is will be over for me. I am not going to pay them. Investigations are still going on and I am not sure who was involved in MJ death.

It is good that they will include SIM in DVD, but it looks like they try to milk every single dollar from MJ fans. They put just ONE new song to SD, now they want you to buy DVD because of “Stranger in Moscow”. They know how to get money from our pocket. This is why I didn’t watch TII movie. Kenny is not stupid and remember last Kenny’s interview about MJ was weird. I do not trust Kenny, AEG, Sony etc. Maybe I will better rent this DVD and this is will be over for me. I am not going to pay them. Investigations are still going on and I am not sure who was involved in MJ death.

Details on the bold please.

I'd forgetten that SiM was rehearsed... can't wait :-D

Also is it Dangerous which was being rehearsed with the neon-green 'heart rate' backdrop?

I think yes

here was desciription of the songs
(see the big words in bold "dangerous)
this was taling from rolling stone sites months ago
when I find link I will post it

Description of Work:
Video sequences and visual programs to be shown on audiovisual screens prior to, during, and immediately after concert performances by Michael Jackson on ?This Is It? concert tour.

Video sequences/visual programs made by employees of Stimulated, Inc. (as work for hire). Video sequences include the Dome Project, consisting of seven works

1. Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson inserted into classic 2-D black-and-white film noir chase sequence);

2. Thriller (3-D movie starting in a haunted house with a ghostly image of Vincent Price, then moving into a graveyard where the dead awaken);

3. Earth Song (3-D short film featuring little girl who wanders through rain forest, takes a nap and dreams of the splendor of nature, and awakens to find the natural world has been devastated);

4. They Dont Care About Us (a/k/aDrill) (2-D film in which a sea of soldiers march in unison; 10 male dancers replicated hundreds of times);

5. MJ Air (3-D movie in which a 707 jet pulls into the frame; hole was to open in screen for Michael Jackson to enter; jet flies away);

6. The Final Message (3-D movie of little girl from rain forest embracing the earth);

7. and The Way You Make Me Feel (2-D theatrical background featuring male dancers fashioned as historical construction workers).

Other video sequences include: Flashes and Glimpses historical timeline of last century in 90 seconds);

Startin Somethin (animation with letters MJ and words This Is It);

Jackson 5 Medley (graphic animation featuring Jackson 5 logo);

I Just Cant Stop Loving You (animation of a baroque hall of mirrors);

Dangerous (graphic animation replicating brainwaves);

Dirty Diana (graphic animation replicating fire);

We are the World (graphic animation containing religious icons);

and Heal the World (stock footage of children).

Kenny already said in an interview we can expect 2 to 3 hours of extra stuff on the dvd so it's not only SIM.

Back