THIS IS IT new song 43 seconds

Michael would have wanted to release this song. It was for the O2 shows.

If it wasnt for mj passing, we would have listen to it 3 months ago.

I'm going to wait until I hear the entire song to really comment on it, but I like what I hear so far.

As for when it was recorded, I think 80s but I'm only inclined to say that because of the way he says "grand".

I'm also not going to believe that this was intended as a single before Michael died, unless there is footage of him singing it in the rehearsals (he wouldn't have released a new song and not performed it live)
I might be mistaken but I actually kind of agree with what someone else said about Sony searching through unreleased demos to try and find something to coincide with the release of the This Is It film, and found a song he had written two decades ago for another artist.

It just makes no sense if he was going to release a new single not to re-record the vocals.

I feel like the whole thing is a bit fishy and Sony are just trying to rake in cash.

Re: THIS IS IT

Thanks! It is gonna be a late night? Wouldn't have it any other way though.

LOL! Yeah a really late night! Not sure what I'm gonna do yet...would like to see it premiere but I'm kind of shattered right now lol. Such an unsociable hour :lol:

LOL! Yeah a really late night! Not sure what I'm gonna do yet...would like to see it premiere but I'm kind of shattered right now lol. Such an unsociable hour :lol:

I've gotta be at work real early but I'm thinkin? Sod it? Work that is? Don't think I'm gonna give them the real reason though? I feel a real bad cold coming on??

Hmm I think I know why... please...post ..your 3 favourite MJ ballads...

Lady in My Life
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
I Can't Help It

So I'm curious as to why you think I don't like it. Then I will tell you why.

I'm going to wait until I hear the entire song to really comment on it, but I like what I hear so far.

As for when it was recorded, I think 80s but I'm only inclined to say that because of the way he says "grand".

I'm also not going to believe that this was intended as a single before Michael died, unless there is footage of him singing it in the rehearsals (he wouldn't have released a new song and not performed it live)
I might be mistaken but I actually kind of agree with what someone else said about Sony searching through unreleased demos to try and find something to coincide with the release of the This Is It film, and found a song he had written two decades ago for another artist.

It just makes no sense if he was going to release a new single not to re-record the vocals.

I feel like the whole thing is a bit fishy and Sony are just trying to rake in cash.

To be honest I think this would definitely have been a single. There is no way MJ would not plan some kind of music release with Sony for the tour. It's not just a coincidence that the tour is titled this is it. And the lyrics of This is It are not a coincidence either.

Couple that with Randy Philips comments about a new single for the tour months before MJ's death and this song was def in his plans imo

I've gotta be at work real early but I'm thinkin? Sod it? Work that is? Don't think I'm gonna give them the real reason though? I feel a real bad cold coming on??

Haha, go for it! Why not? :cheeky:

To be honest I think this would definitely have been a single. There is no way MJ would not plan some kind of music release with Sony for the tour. It's not just a coincidence that the tour is titled this is it. And the lyrics of This is It are not a coincidence either.

Couple that with Randy Philips comments about a new single for the tour months before MJ's death and this song was def in his plans imo

Yeah, I see your point. It just seems weird that if they were planning on releasing a song to coincide with the tour - why wouldn't he be performing it live? Who releases a single, goes on tour and doesn't sing their latest single? It just doesn't happen. I also don't understand why he wouldn't have recorded new vocals for it.

You are right though, it was most likely planned (it probably would be too big of a coincidence to find a song with the words "This Is It" in it)

Either way I'm excited to hear the full song! What time will it be in the UK?

so, as much as i wanna hear MJ's new song, it is just exactly same as this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCV1h40oS0o from 1991? WTF?
OMG, you are rigth?? wtf??? is this right??, so its a demo, and even though it was written by Michael, i knew Michael wouldnt liked this, SONY's Sh*t,

However im hearing it cause i want to hear Michael¡'s version, but i was the first saying Michael wouldnt have liked this, and even though Michael's version its better than this one, still Michael's its demo quality, we all know how perfectionist Michael was, WTF is wrong with sony???? damn, are they trying to hurt Michael's legacy??? Michael would have hated this, im sure, im SURE!, this is sick, we know Michael was a perfectionist, he would have never accepted this, never.

I have to say, although it's great to hear Michael's voice, it sounds a little bit like they dug out an old demo and added a few fireworks. But hopefully the full version is amazing.

When I first heard it - his first words - it reminded me of something, and it took me a while to realise what it was: Prince's "Cream"! You know, the first line... "This is it / It's time for you to go to the wire" Michael says "This is it" exactly like Prince. Spooky but quite awesome.

The rest of it I think has a certain Bee Gees sound to it. It's quite funky, but judging from the demo it sounds a little bit confused... like, neither here nor there, like, is it a ballad or an up-tempo song...? But again, it'll probably all make sense once we hear the full version.

It's just that if it's really just an old song, I'm a little bit sad. I was hoping for something new-new. And I've always LOVED Michael's post-Bad vocals... like, the Dangerous vocals and the HIStory vocals. To me, there's nothing better.

I've been listening to "Ghosts" a lot recently. I never really appreciated that song enough, and now it's fast becoming a new favourite. So naively, I guess was really hoping for those kind of vocals and something a little bit 'angry' (I guess if Janet used that word, so can I) for this new song, but maybe he simply didn't have time to record new material. And that's alright, too.

The more I read about this up to the eventual release, it seems that Sony picked out of a pot, of what unreleased material would fit best. I really hope I'm wrong and this is indeed new and meant for the concerts.

OMG, you are rigth?? wtf??? is this right??, so its a demo, and even though it was written by Michael, i knew Michael wouldnt liked this, SONY's Sh*t,

However im hearing it cause i want to hear Michael¡'s version, but i was the first saying Michael wouldnt have liked this, and even though Michael's version its better than this one, still Michael's its demo quality, we all know how perfectionist Michael was, WTF is wrong with sony???? damn, are they trying to hurt Michael's legacy??? Michael would have hated this, im sure, im SURE!, this is sick, we know Michael was a perfectionist, he would have never accepted this, never.

I don't understand why people are saying it's the same song as 'This is it' ...in what way is it the same? It sounds completely differently when i listen to it.

I personally don't think Michael was going to release this to co-incide with the concerts.

Something stinks from SONY, they are just cashing in on a greatest hits album, found a demo with This Is It lyrics in it to promote as a new song and added it to the album.

There's no way that Michael would of released a demo, surely he would have re-recorded the track, and maybe sung it in the rehearsals, we'll just have to wait for the morning and see.

Why does anyone care when it was first written or recorded? At the end of the day, it may have been written 20 years ago, first recorded 20 years ago, given to someone else 10 years ago...whatever...for all we know, Michael did 50 different versions and recordings of this song.

People want to waive the copyright information around, which means nothing...it was first recorded in the 1980's, but we don't know if Michael laid new vocals in the last year...none of us know, so we should all be grateful that there is something new (and fantastic) and remember why we're all here in the first place - to enjoy his music and to remember the man and the legacy. Nothing else matters.

^ I agree, I think that's exactly what Sony have done. I'm happy to hear it regardless though.

EDIT: @ DJ spins the sounds

Why does anyone care when it was first written or recorded? At the end of the day, it may have been written 20 years ago, first recorded 20 years ago, given to someone else 10 years ago...whatever...for all we know, Michael did 50 different versions and recordings of this song.

People want to waive the copyright information around, which means nothing...it was first recorded in the 1980's, but we don't know if Michael laid new vocals in the last year...none of us know, so we should all be grateful that there is something new (and fantastic) and remember why we're all here in the first place - to enjoy his music and to remember the man and the legacy. Nothing else matters.

my thoughts exactly! :clapping:

soooo, I guess I'll be staying up till 12! Even though I have a test and a quiz tomorrow:bugeyed

I love the song so far, beautiful voice (of course). At the moment I don't see a point to wondering how when or why Sony's doing what it's doing in regards to the song. I just wanna enjoy it :( :)
I love Michael, and all of you guys too, and Sony sucks forevahhhhhh!!!!

Isn't it possible that this song IS actually This Is it, which was written in 1980 or whenever it was, recorded, then in 1991 MJ changed some of the lyrics slightly and the name of the song and gave it to Safire?
I don't think it's a coincidence that this song happens to include the lyric - 'This is it' when there was a song of that name written in 1980.
Umm, sony is taking advantage, but they sony phony or whatever are lucky that Michael was the best singer ever, anyway Sony sux!
Why is nobody discussing the other senario....

Its very much possible that the Estate is not permissioning the release of New or Unreleased material to Phony....

It does not make sense to me.... Sony might have a few unreleased songs in their Vault but I dont think they can release them without a gohead from the Estate.

Think abt it if sony were free to release New/unreleased material without the Estate's approval the my guess is they wud have released an whole new Album within days of MJ's death to cash in the sympathy the world over..
Strong strong point

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ITTT!!! OMG! *Breath*...
Yeah me too, its BEAUTIFUL, but they(sony) will have to say it ITS a demo, they would have to say it:smilerolleyes:

I don't understand why people are saying it's the same song as 'This is it' ...in what way is it the same? It sounds completely differently when i listen to it.
UMMM the melody is the SAME! at least at the beggining of that Safire girl singing, its the SAME:bugeyed

SONY YOU S*CK:tease:

I only thank God cause its a MICHAEL SONG, cause i mean its Michael's voice and interpretation... but sony you should thank, BUT SAY THE TRUTH!!!! ITS A DEMO, you have no new song!!!!!!!!, MJ ESTATE HAVE THEM ALL hahahah Sony you did wrong putting Michael against you hahahah:wild:, you will have what you deserve, you'll see when Michael's estate release the REAL UNREALISED ONES hahahaha:wild::wild::wild: SONY U SUC*

I agress its a new song, might not be recorded new but still its something we have not heard from mike and i like what ive heard _ really happy we are hearing this, hopfully more songs will follow

if you dont want to buy it dont but sony didnt have to release anything

Back