This Is It Rehearsals Footage

igorzets

Proud Member
Hello guys, first of all I'd like to apologize for creating a new thread for this. I searched older posts but couldn't seem to find anything since "this is it" is a very common therm. I know it's been a long time since you must have talked about this, but I wasn't here at the time of the rehearsals or the movie.

Is there any footage of the rehearsals, besides the ones on the movie (including bonus disc) or on the doctor's court case or on the previously released TDCAU snippet?

I find it very interesting that I get to see a lot of material from back in the Dangerous era and nothing from This Is it...

If the response should be negative, do you think Kenny Ortega (or anyone really) plan to share new footage? I know that they have hours of dance rehearsals with the choreographer (some pieces of it are on the bonus disc), and also footage of meetings and auditions... Where are those?

Yes I did... But those are footage from the bonus disc :(

As far as I know, Sony holds the rights to the TII footage. And I'm quite sure they will release some kind of special edition somewhere in the future. They have been quite protective of their stuff during the trial.

there are several song's that Michael rehearsed that didn't make it onto the movie IE Dirty Diana, Dangerous, Stranger In Moscow & Will You Be There + a few other's! I'm sure we'll see them in the future.. it's only been 5 years.. :/ Just wait and see, we'll see a lot more down the line.. but not all at once.

there are several song's that Michael rehearsed that didn't make it onto the movie IE Dirty Diana, Dangerous, Stranger In Moscow & Will You Be There + a few other's! I'm sure we'll see them in the future.. it's only been 5 years.. :/ Just wait and see, we'll see a lot more down the line.. but not all at once.

I thought Dirty Diana didn't get rehearsed? Or are you referring to the bits and pieces of the "rough" rehearsal they showed on the 2-disc version of the DVD where Michael was up on stage the whole time while another guy did the bed thing? Oh the thought of Michael being tied to a bed... :shifty:

Um... *ahem* but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing those rehearsals in full. I know a pic from the Dangerous rehearsal was used in some magazine so we know that one exists.

I thought Dirty Diana didn't get rehearsed? Or are you referring to the bits and pieces of the "rough" rehearsal they showed on the 2-disc version of the DVD where Michael was up on stage the whole time while another guy did the bed thing? Oh the thought of Michael being tied to a bed... :shifty:

Um... *ahem* but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing those rehearsals in full. I know a pic from the Dangerous rehearsal was used in some magazine so we know that one exists.

Isn't there a picture if the dangerous rehearsal in the TII album photo book thing?

Because Michael was probably suffering from insomnia in the rehearsals,
i don't think that Kenny Ortega/Sony will release this footage, since they already cut the "best" scenes together.

But i'd love to see more footage.

Because Michael was probably suffering from insomnia in the rehearsals,
i don't think that Kenny Ortega/Sony will release this footage, since they already cut the "best" scenes together.

The court-documents from Murray-trial revealed that there isn`t any footage that shows Michael in bad condition, the opposite there is footage from other reharsals that indciactes him in a good state.

The lawers saw all the 100 hours and after that Murrays lawers admitted there isn`t any bad footage which is helpful for him to show that Michael was desparte. Walgran on the oppsite said the footages proves that MJ was in good state, optimistic....

Pastor decided it it not allowed to show other footage than in TII-film in trial because of the value for Sony in future possible anniversary releases of TII.

I really wanna see Dangerous, I wonder if he did the History or Dangerous arrangement.

I really wanna see Dangerous, I wonder if he did the History or Dangerous arrangement.

From the looks of it they constructed a new arrangement for This Is It with the green lights and everything!
And is anyone not gonna point out how half of the footages shown in the trailer didn't make the cut??

Did he rehearse Dangerous? or other songs that wasnt released on the DVD?
Dangerous
20110116_753767.jpg

Will you be There:

Those clips with Earth on the video screen are most likely from Heal the World I think.

Last edited:
I hope we see more in the future. They should have used more footage from the final dates because the stage production of some songs was almost finished:

IJCSLY
michael-jackson-05.jpg

They should have used more from this Beat It rehearsal
michael-jackson-02.jpg

Last edited:
I think Sony left some of the best footage out as they knew they could use it again in the future. Nearly all of the final rehearsals are edited or left out which were said to be MJ's best. There is about 8 or 9 songs that were also left out which I think will be included in a future anniversary edition DVD/ Blu ray

From the looks of it they constructed a new arrangement for This Is It with the green lights and everything!
And is anyone not gonna point out how half of the footages shown in the trailer didn't make the cut??
Travis Payne talked about Dangerous in an interview with Raffles van Exel back in 2010 or 2011. I remember him saying how he really liked working on Dangerous, because he was involved with the choreography from the start in 1993, and worked with Michael on all the tweaks that they made to it over the years (Dangerous Tour, MTV VMA performance, HIStory Tour version, MJ & Friends version). He mentioned that this continued with This Is It. So, it seems like they were planning to do something similar to the past performances, but with a couple of new twists.

BAD was played during the trailer (actually just the words: "Who's Bad?" ), but i heard it wasn't rehearsed, is that true?

BAD was played during the trailer (actually just the words: "Who's Bad?" ), but i heard it wasn't rehearsed, is that true?

Part of 'The Drill' before They Dont Care About Us included the line 'Who's Bad?'. That part is in the film :)

Michael was most on form on the 23rd, I would love to see the full songs from that day. His dancing at the end of Smooth Criminal and The Way You Make Me Feel are one of the only times I think we see Michael dancing close to the way he would of in the actual shows.

MORE FROM JUNE 23RD!

Despite not wanting to be reminded of TII i do want the final rehearsals.

Travis Payne talked about Dangerous in an interview with Raffles van Exel back in 2010 or 2011. I remember him saying how he really liked working on Dangerous, because he was involved with the choreography from the start in 1993, and worked with Michael on all the tweaks that they made to it over the years (Dangerous Tour, MTV VMA performance, HIStory Tour version, MJ & Friends version). He mentioned that this continued with This Is It. So, it seems like they were planning to do something similar to the past performances, but with a couple of new twists.

There was a video of a performance by the TII dancers. They performed the version that would've been featured during the TII concerts. It was similar to the 1999 MJ & Friends version but included samples of the Psycho theme, the whistle from Stranger in Moscow and some other new details. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the video. :(

i wonder if Mike ever performed dangerous. like some kind of dance routines etc. i would love to see it..

Back