*Thriller 25- 2nd week on Hitsdaily chart! Billboard? (updates merged)

AW: Hitsdailydouble: Projected Sales Next Week

Awfully close... he might slip down a few spots though:

CHART DATE: 02/25/2008
LAST UPDATE: 02/26/2008 13:03:32
NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
1 1 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 106,414 -37%
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
2 2 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 54,508 -65%
THRILLER - 25TH ANNIVERSARY ED.
4 3 ALICIA KEYS J RECORDS/RMG 50,621 -53%
AS I AM
-- 4 KIDZ BOP KIDS RAZOR & TIE 49,530 --
KIDZ BOP 13
3 5 AMY WINEHOUSE UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 45,772 -62%

Re: Hitsdailydouble: Projected Sales Next Week

I am going to merge this with the others on the subject. :smile:

Great news for Michael's T25. I think it is doing what it was suppose to do.

With all the attention that Alicia Keys has been getting, I'm surprised that her numbers aren't much higher. But, it doesn't matter because in the end it is all about if someone likes the music or not.

I like Keys and most definitely Michael J.

Go Michael! :D It's even BETTER than we thought! ^_^

Thanks for posting!!! :punk:

MJ sold another 63,000 in USA this week taking total in USA to 229,000. It was second behind Jack Johnson again!!!

see below

T25 Remains #1 On US Top Pop Catalog Chart
(27-2-2008) For the second straight week, Michael Jackson and Jack Johnson have the bestselling albums in the USA and held down the top spots on their respective charts. For the week ended Sunday, Johnson's 'Sleep Through the Static' topped the Billboard 200, selling 105,000 copies, according to the latest SoundScan numbers, while Michael Jackson's 'Thriller: 25th Anniversary Edition' ruled the Top Pop Catalog chart, selling 63,000 copies. As a reissue, the silver-anniversary Thriller was ineligible for the Billboard 200 despite selling more copies than that chart's current number two artist, Alicia Keys, who sold 53,000 copies of 'As I Am'.

Source: MJFC / E! Online / Billboard

we need to keep it up, within the top 10.. don't let it slip

and ya I think it's time to release a new single from it

Last edited:
AW: *Thriller 25- 2nd week on Hitsdaily chart! Billboard? (updates merged)

Wow, in the fourth week Thriller 25 climbed 5 spots... it gained 20 % on last week and is right behind Janet... maybe even ahead! It's awfully close!

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

CHART DATE: 03/10/2008
LAST UPDATE: 03/11/2008 12:09:59

-- 1 ALAN JACKSON ARISTA NASHVILLE 117,896 --
GOOD TIMES
3 2 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 61,708 -33%
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
1 3 JANET JACKSON DEF JAM/IDJMG 51,753 -71%
DISCIPLINE
9 4 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 49,181 +20%
-- 5 FLOGGING MOLLY SIDE ONE DUMMY 43,238 --
Float

Re: AW: *Thriller 25- 2nd week on Hitsdaily chart! Billboard? (updates merged)

Wow, in the fourth week Thriller 25 climbed 5 spots... it gained 20 % on last week and is right behind Janet... maybe even ahead! It's awfully close!

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

CHART DATE: 03/10/2008
LAST UPDATE: 03/11/2008 12:09:59

-- 1 ALAN JACKSON ARISTA NASHVILLE 117,896 --
GOOD TIMES
3 2 JACK JOHNSON BRUSHFIRE/UNIV REPUBLIC 61,708 -33%
SLEEP THROUGH THE STATIC
1 3 JANET JACKSON DEF JAM/IDJMG 51,753 -71%
DISCIPLINE
9 4 MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY 49,181 +20%
-- 5 FLOGGING MOLLY SIDE ONE DUMMY 43,238 --
Float
|Go Michael, Go Mj, Go King of POP. Show them who's Bad, Thanks for the news Patrick.:D

Last edited:
According to album sale monitoring site, HITS Daily Double, Thriller 25 has climbed from #9 back up to #4 in top sales this week. With an estimated 20% increase in sales and 49,181 copies sold in the past week, Michael Jackson's Thriller 25 continues to outperform many of today's new studio albums. In fact, only seven albums within the top 50 saw any increase in sales this week, none of which came close to the 20% increase of Thriller 25. Janet Jackson's new album, Discipline, has dropped from the #1 spot to #3, with a sharp 71% decrease in weekly sales and just 2,572 projected sales greater than Thriller 25 (which was released two weeks prior to Discipline).

20080311HITS.gif

Source: http://mjjr.net/news-i233-6.html / http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Last edited:
Now that's what im talking about, must have been that t-25 special on MTV's americas best dance crew! Ya baaby!

Now that's what im talking about, must have been that t-25 special on MTV's americas best dance crew! Ya baaby!

Yeah that was great promotion, they were showing MJ loads o' love :D.

Yeah that was great promotion, they were showing MJ loads o' love :D.
I also think that Janets album coming so soon after MJ's might have boosted his sales as well, cause people would pick up both albums instead of janets. I know whenever I go to buy MJ I always look at Janets as well.:)

YAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! That's my boo!!! GO MJ! Thanx for the updates :flowers:

BUMP! BUMP!!!:smoothcriminal:

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 PREVIEW: Three records on next week’s chart will be in six figures, and all are debuts (no surprise there). Def Jam/IDJ rapper Rick Ross has the inside track for #1 on a projected 175-180k, followed closely by Sony BMG’s Now 27 with 165-170k. Geffen’s Snoop Dogg is a lock for #3, trending toward 120-125k, after which it gets iffy. Jack Johnson (Brushfire/Universal Republic) and Alan Jackson (Arista Nashville) are both looking 50-55k-ish, followed by the 45-50k trio of debuting Fat Joe (Virgin), Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Sony/Legacy) and Sara Bareilles (Epic). The rest of the Top 10, projecting 35-40k, will likely consist of Janet Jackson (Def Jam/IDJ), Now: The ’80s (SBMG) and Erykah Badu (Universal Motown). (3/14a)

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 PREVIEW: Three records on next week’s chart will be in six figures, and all are debuts (no surprise there). Def Jam/IDJ rapper Rick Ross has the inside track for #1 on a projected 175-180k, followed closely by Sony BMG’s Now 27 with 165-170k. Geffen’s Snoop Dogg is a lock for #3, trending toward 120-125k, after which it gets iffy. Jack Johnson (Brushfire/Universal Republic) and Alan Jackson (Arista Nashville) are both looking 50-55k-ish, followed by the 45-50k trio of debuting Fat Joe (Virgin), Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Sony/Legacy) and Sara Bareilles (Epic). The rest of the Top 10, projecting 35-40k, will likely consist of Janet Jackson (Def Jam/IDJ), Now: The ’80s (SBMG) and Erykah Badu (Universal Motown). (3/14a)

Thank you for posting this. Thriller 25 is still holding strong despite the amount of new releases that have been coming out these past two weeks. Go Michael :D!!!!!!!!

Another 45 to 50k. This is very impressive

Thriller 25 is consistently putting up 45 to 50K a week

Can we get that new single release in the USA now

Last edited:
T25 has droped 3 places to #5 in Denmark!

3 new albums has been released this week, all albums with very popular artists in denmark, so it's OK.

He is still in the top 5!

Source: www.hitlisten.nu

Thriller 25 has also climbed up three places this week from no. 9 to no.6 on the Billboard Comprehensive Albums Chart. :pleased:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Billboard+Comprehensive+Albums

hmmmm?

a little different from Hits Daily Double

#6 is good, too. I feel a top 20 position would be pretty good considering it's a 25 y.o. re-RE-release. A top ten showing will always be amazing. ^_^

Well it's Mike. People miss him. And to be honest, Janet puts less effort in her albums. Another reason is that it's the highest selling album ever. So to sum it up - WAY TO GO MIKE!

Back