Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

My honest opinion about disc 2....underwhelming. It's meh. Having this longer version of Carousel compared to the special edition 2001 release is good, She's Trouble sounds good in CD quality finally, Who Do You Know is nice, but everything else is meh.

Feels like the estate mailed this one in, which if rumors are true that their butting heads with Sony, I can see and hear why. Bad25 and Xscape are far superior...hell the Michael album minus 3 certain tracks was better.

This Thriller 40 thing is crap in my opinion.
What a lovely way sounds like a Justin Bieber song,except for the ad libs. It is just as bad as Bieber's "Baby " song. Bieber himself has better songs than this MJ outtake if I think about it tho 💀
Who do you know is not bad but not the best song ever made or a hidden gem at all either.The only great part is the chorus and instrumental,the song writting and melody are basic tho.
Chicago 1945 and Dream Away are real classic Mike jams and better than those two songs. 10/10 for Chicago 1945 and Dream Away,6/10 or 7/10 at most for these 2 new songs on T40 in my opinion.
The Toy is not anything surprising either. The chrous sounds weird,way worse vocals wise than Best of Joy. That "I am forever" hurts my ears.
Best of Joy >>>>>>>>>> The Toy
And his demo of Behind The Mask is great but inferior to any other version of that great track that we've heard by far.
This release is substandard. Crap crap crap crap 🤢🤮
I didn’t know this was 2011 and making fun of Justin Bieber was still a thing.

What A Lovely Way To Go does not sound like a Biebs song. MJ's worst track (toss up for me between Girlfriend & If You Don't Love Me) kicks Justin's ass times 10.

What a lovely way to go sounds like a late night drunk improv to me. I mean there is something in there worth working with but yes clearly a demo.
ha ha, that's exactly what I thought -
Yeah, it's a fun one. I am imagining him slightly drunk, at a party, just singing his heart out 😂. Just the beginning "gimmi some loving" :)

ha ha, that's exactly what I thought -
Yeah, it's a fun one. I am imagining him slightly drunk, at a party, just singing his heart out 😂. Just the beginning "gimmi some loving" :)
Good because I like it when I'm not the only one with such thoughts lol
It sounds like they're having fun. I don't think he ever did more work on this track though. Lyrically it doesn't make sense but I like this vibe it has. It sounds like a farewell song before embarking on one way journey to some far away war or something .

This would actually work if it was made in the really old scratchy 1940s style

Good because I like it when I'm not the only one with such thoughts lol
It sounds like they're having fun. I don't think he ever did more work on this track though. Lyrically it doesn't make sense but I like this vibe it has. It sounds like a farewell song before embarking on one way journey to some far away war or something .

This would actually work if it was made in the really old scratchy 1940s style
oh, good, I will add that to my thoughts "farewell song before embarking on one way journey" :) . I also did say (on other thread) that I want this played at my funeral, so I guess "one way journey" fits :LOL:

oh, good, I will add that to my thoughts "farewell song before embarking on one way journey" :) . I also did say (on other thread) that I want this played at my funeral, so I guess "one way journey" fits :LOL:
Well yes that is entirely the vibe they were going with it seems.

What A Lovely Way To Go does not sound like a Biebs song. MJ's worst track (toss up for me between Girlfriend & If You Don't Love Me) kicks Justin's ass times 10.
If You Don't Love Me is a masterpiece compared to What a Lovely Way in my opinion. Besides that's not a really bad outtake at all.
Am I the only one who likes Girlfriend?Cute little song in my opinion 🥲

This Thriller 40 thing is crap in my opinion.
What a lovely way sounds like a Justin Bieber song,except for the ad libs. It is just as bad as Bieber's "Baby " song. Bieber himself has better songs than this MJ outtake if I think about it tho 💀
Who do you know is not bad but not the best song ever made or a hidden gem at all either.The only great part is the chorus and instrumental,the song writting and melody are basic tho.
Chicago 1945 and Dream Away are real classic Mike jams and better than those two songs. 10/10 for Chicago 1945 and Dream Away,6/10 or 7/10 at most for these 2 new songs on T40 in my opinion.
The Toy is not anything surprising either. The chrous sounds weird,way worse vocals wise than Best of Joy. That "I am forever" hurts my ears.
Best of Joy >>>>>>>>>> The Toy
And his demo of Behind The Mask is great but inferior to any other version of that great track that we've heard by far.
This release is substandard. Crap crap crap crap 🤢🤮
PurpleThriller make a good post challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

What a lovely way to go sounds like a late night drunk improv to me. I mean there is something in there worth working with but yes clearly a demo.
It's a jaunty Elton John tune. If Queen made the song, their fans would be eating it up. But MJ fans think everything should sound like a Teddy Riley Dangerous outtake or be a Collab featuring Akon, God forbid.

It's really weird to listen to Behind The Mask without the ''Hee, hee, hee'' parts included. I've gotten so used to that
that was exactly the part in the 2010 mix that I disliked the most. :D and now we have a version without the "hee, hee, hee" during the refrain, but this demo is missing other re-production. maybe one day there will be this perfect finished 80s mix.

PurpleThriller make a good post challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
Um sorry?
The new album is just crap and that's about it. I'm not supposed to love everything MJ like a delusional fanatic. Ridiculous.
Sure,what subject would you want me to elaborate on?(so I can give you a good post) I'm up for the challenge 😉

It's a jaunty Elton John tune. If Queen made the song, their fans would be eating it up. But MJ fans think everything should sound like a Teddy Riley Dangerous outtake or be a Collab featuring Akon, God forbid.
I don’t think anyone’s ever said or implied such a thing. In fact, quite the opposite: most people are raving about “Who Do You Know,” which sounds nothing like any of the styles you described.

Also, saying “if another artist made this song” doesn’t really work since the expectations and styles are not the same. If Elton John made “Jam,” his fans would probably be confused as hell.

Back