Thriller 40th Anniversary

His approval didn’t mean much. It was a trash project. Horrible remaster of the album and horrible remixes.

Now we got a better remaster (older) and demos. Yet the execution sucked soo bad.
Thriller 40 - We can have what we want, but without passion

Thriller 25 - Or we can stick with what nobody wanted but at least....

It didn't have passion either but nostalgia meant I thought it was cool.

Well we will never know unless John Landis speaks about his experience and even so, even though i value John's opinion/storys/ memories ...Its not Michael's.
That's the thing zin , if only, oh ...if only those interviewers and the media when they had their chance to ask about his art would have done that we might be a bit more sure now - they were not interested in the good stuff and now we will always be wondering . Thriller was never in 3D was it ? so Michael maybe didn't agree with that stuff or maybe he did .The question will always remain open.

I really wouldn't want to watch Remember the Time in 4K i know that much. ...ironicly, i would very much like to gawp at it -
I think It is the story line against the beauty , most people will make their choice as the second ..its a double edged sword here.
I think the standard def versions of the videos should be available still, for the historical value. Beat It 4K is completely gone now, all traces of it. I wanted to find the vintage footage for creative purposes but it's basically scrubbed now. Unless you track down Visions or HIStory on Film, it's now a rarity.

I think the standard def versions of the videos should be available still, for the historical value.
This. I grew up with the 'old' versions of these short films and, so far, I genuinely don't like the 4K. Make 4K available, for sure. But keep the original versions alongside them. At least give us the choice of which one we want to watch. Most people will go for 4K, I understand that. But, for example, Thriller just looks all kinds of wrong in 4K, imo. It's lost pretty much all of the atmosphere that it had.

Historical / archive value does count. It does mean something. Or it should.

Beat It 4K is completely gone now, all traces of it.
That is just wrong. This makes me SO angry. It's not even about my own viewing preferences. Forget that. This is about the historical record. It's about being able to tell or show Michael's story in full. Fine if the original versions are kept in a film archive somewhere. That's great. The problem with that - if they have even done that, who knows? - is that the material is then not easily available to the general public. And it should be. Always.

:mad:

I wanted to find the vintage footage for creative purposes but it's basically scrubbed now. Unless you track down Visions or HIStory on Film, it's now a rarity.
jeez!

I think the standard def versions of the videos should be available still, for the historical value. Beat It 4K is completely gone now, all traces of it. I wanted to find the vintage footage for creative purposes but it's basically scrubbed now. Unless you track down Visions or HIStory on Film, it's now a rarity.
You can buy the music video DVDs from Amazon US and UK.

TV shows were usually shot on tape. Just sometimes film was used.
but why would anybody want Motown Billie Jean in 4K? I mean, have you watched directly from the DVD? It looks crystal clear since it's sourced from the master tape. It won't and can't look any better. But again, why would you want to "enhance" it if it already looks perfectly fine?

Who the hell are the anime characters? I was waiting to see if they would somehow be relevant to the video, but… no. They’re just there.

I like it otherwise; it’s far more creative than most lyric videos that come out. But the random unexplained characters take me out.

Who the hell are the anime characters? I was waiting to see if they would somehow be relevant to the video, but… no. They’re just there.

I like it otherwise; it’s far more creative than most lyric videos that come out. But the random unexplained characters take me out.

I think since the estate guys are old men they thought anime characters are very cool and popular so they asked the fiverr guy to include some cool anime people :D

I'm getting afraid seeing all the positive comments under the video... :O

Oh no! no no no no. It will give them all the wrong ideas! @Nite Line it hurts my eyes too, and purple (lavender to be more accurate) is my favourite colour 😲. It ruined purple for me 😡. There is just so much wonderful footage of WBSS, they could have done so much better. But I already expected the worst, so I am ok. I am not going to watch it, thumbnail is enough! ✌️ Peace.

So thriller 4k has the original audio from previously 1983? Not mixed in dolby or anything?
We have the multitracks....isn't it possible for us to do? (I feel kinda stupid for even asking)
Pretty sure on the Apple TV box in Apple Music I got an Atmos mix of Thriller 4K, but I have to check again. If so, I wonder if they used the surround mix they made for Thriller 3D a couple of years ago.

You can buy the music video DVDs from Amazon US and UK.
Yeah, and on eBay. But that's still on average a 20 dollar monetary sink, 40 if you want it brand new. That's for videos that are basically completely free online and in better quality now, versus a static sd box set. So not a good value exactly.

I think since the estate guys are old men they thought anime characters are very cool and popular so they asked the fiverr guy to include some cool anime people :D

Branca has the creative sense of a high school science teacher subbing for art.

but why would anybody want Motown Billie Jean in 4K? I mean, have you watched directly from the DVD? It looks crystal clear since it's sourced from the master tape. It won't and can't look any better. But again, why would you want to "enhance" it if it already looks perfectly fine?
Are you as geriatric as the estate? There's a huge difference in pixel detail potential between 480p tapes and 4K potential film.

You could definitely make it look a bit better with AI if you use it in the correct way, but I really wouldn't trust them to do that properly. They'd probably just put it through AI upscaling software and make it 60fps lol.

I mean.... thats on

I told yall they are bots. Look on the same video on Facebook. All you see is "💕💘💞💝💔💗' I love him, this is beautiful, kop,

It's like... you know bots after a while...no person with a lick of sense would ok this....& why tf did we need to set a reminder for a 40yr old song lyrics...thats in the booklet....& onli....(sigh)

Back