Thriller 40th Anniversary

Fall? No f****** way they're taking a year to fix that. Are they redoing the whole documentary from scratch? Ffs.

Yeah I don't know if it's the T40 documentary, the doc was about 70% ready back when it screened and there's no reason for them to re-do it entirely since it got positive feedbacks. What would be the reason for them to delay it that long?

Perhaps in the fall it will come out as just a Thriller documentary, without 40. It makes more sense than releasing Thriller 40 now. If there are more shots of Michael in the studio (I read about it somewhere), I'm willing to wait. Although the waiter is very upsetting. Every time I open this thread, I want to see the information that the movie is coming out soon.

maybe it will be released to coincide with the anniversary of the short film? I’m most looking forward to seeing this for the first time. I trust that it’s being edited to the highest standards. there’s no way they’d put this amount of time, energy and money to announce and create something, just to scrap it.

Perhaps in the fall it will come out as just a Thriller documentary, without 40. It makes more sense than releasing Thriller 40 now.
40th anniversary of the Thriller video maybe?

That's true, although I'd say that's not really a widely considered thing. I don't hear a song in a supermarket and then go and look it up later. Maybe that's just me, though. I'm 26 and I mostly use spotify to discover new music.
It just depends how good the song is. I'm thinking more like a mall, clothing store, concert, general public place. Car radio only factors in when, idk, you just feel like it.

Also, blast, you're not an old fogey. We are on equal terms here.

"Hello, it’s Chuck from the MJ Online Team. I received the same exact email from about a dozen of you, so I am replying to all of you using Bcc.

We appreciate you, and care about your concern for the legacy of Michael Jackson. We also agree with you that it is important to reach new listeners and develop new young Michael Jackson fans. The Estate makes efforts intended to facilitate these new connections. For example, we are pleased when deeper cuts from Michael’s catalog like “Heaven Can Wait” can be seen trending on TikTok because young fans are creating videos using the official sounds for Michael’s entire catalog that have been available there. And when The Estate sees these trends, it may also lead to other behind-the-scenes actions on their part or that of Sony. Just because you don’t see what they are doing, it doesn’t mean that nothing is being done.

We understand you all are excited to see the Thriller 40 documentary. While it was shown as a one-time-only “in production” preview in select cities around the globe on the anniversary of the album release, I would remind you that there has not been an official release date given or distribution partner announced. So, to claim the Estate does not want to or is not able to release Thriller 40 is a flat-out false accusation. I can assure that we have been told there will be a release, but the date is not yet being announced. When it is time, an official announcement will be shared with fans and the media, and of course also posted to Michael’s social media channels.

You may reach out to me in the future with any further questions or comments.

Thank you,

Chuck – MJ Online Team"

"Hello, it’s Chuck from the MJ Online Team. I received the same exact email from about a dozen of you, so I am replying to all of you using Bcc.

We appreciate you, and care about your concern for the legacy of Michael Jackson. We also agree with you that it is important to reach new listeners and develop new young Michael Jackson fans. The Estate makes efforts intended to facilitate these new connections. For example, we are pleased when deeper cuts from Michael’s catalog like “Heaven Can Wait” can be seen trending on TikTok because young fans are creating videos using the official sounds for Michael’s entire catalog that have been available there. And when The Estate sees these trends, it may also lead to other behind-the-scenes actions on their part or that of Sony. Just because you don’t see what they are doing, it doesn’t mean that nothing is being done.

We understand you all are excited to see the Thriller 40 documentary. While it was shown as a one-time-only “in production” preview in select cities around the globe on the anniversary of the album release, I would remind you that there has not been an official release date given or distribution partner announced. So, to claim the Estate does not want to or is not able to release Thriller 40 is a flat-out false accusation. I can assure that we have been told there will be a release, but the date is not yet being announced. When it is time, an official announcement will be shared with fans and the media, and of course also posted to Michael’s social media channels.

Thank you,

Chuck – MJ Online Team"
Didn't Branca said it himself that it was coming in January or am I off?

Mine's July. Sad, innit? Yes, yes it is

Thank you,

Chuck – MJ Online Team"
Can this go viral on Twitter?

Thank you,

Chuck – MJ Online Team"
I’m satisfied in knowing that the documentary hasn’t been scrapped. I am a little worried that they have yet to find a distributor..

Branca announced the doc for January in his TikTok video..

The email is really not answering anything.
It’s funny.. they say they really care about fans but at the same time avoid to answer anything.. fuck the estate

copy and paste this back to chuck@mjonlineteam.com:

It's a fact that John Branca announced the Thriller40 Documentary on his TikTok account and even posted a video about it. However, it's frustrating to see the estate ignoring the requests of fans who work hard to support Michael's legacy. It seems like you only care about the TikTok videos made by young fans, but not about fulfilling your professional responsibilities.

" Just because you don’t see what they are doing, it doesn’t mean that nothing is being done.“
That is a sentence we heard many times from the Estate. Don’t you have any new ideas?

If you continue to act this way, you risk losing support from fans who will stop buying your merchandise and streaming Michael's music. Many fans have already stopped supporting you, and if you don't change your ways, the situation could worsen. We hope you understand that the MJ Fans care deeply about preserving Michael's legacy, and we want to see the estate do the same. Thank you.

I've been on a bit of a learning curve with MJE. Last year I was always giving them the benefit of the doubt. I was so naive, lol. I read that email and could hardly believe it. I actually thought it was a p*sstake. Two paragraphs that don't say anything at all whilst also being full of statements with which I profoundly disagree. It's also quite offensive. It's certainly patronising.

I want MJE projects to succeed bc it's Michael's name up there on the product. And, as far as I can tell, they seem to do OK with legal stuff. But I've seen so much crap from them over the last 6 months, I'm having trouble processing it.

You gotta have thick skin to deal with some of these ninjas.
This comment is so beautifully restrained.

I wonder if the estate hire people based on how snarky and passive aggressive they can be when responding to fans, lol.
👏

Last edited:
Any have the full message sent by the Estate to the fans today ?

Thank you,

Chuck – MJ Online Team"
Any have the full message sent by the Estate to the fans today ?

I wasn't looking forward to the documentary that much anyway if I'm honest. We've probably seen all the new/rare footage in the recordings we have
I would rather see them release a full Victory tour concert from Dodger stadium instead. But hey snippets is better than nothing, that's all you can expect from this lousy estate.

copy and paste this back to chuck@mjonlineteam.com:

It's a fact that John Branca announced the Thriller40 Documentary on his TikTok account and even posted a video about it. However, it's frustrating to see the estate ignoring the requests of fans who work hard to support Michael's legacy. It seems like you only care about the TikTok videos made by young fans, but not about fulfilling your professional responsibilities.

" Just because you don’t see what they are doing, it doesn’t mean that nothing is being done.“
That is a sentence we heard many times from the Estate. Don’t you have any new ideas?

If you continue to act this way, you risk losing support from fans who will stop buying your merchandise and streaming Michael's music. Many fans have already stopped supporting you, and if you don't change your ways, the situation could worsen. We hope you understand that the MJ Fans care deeply about preserving Michael's legacy, and we want to see the estate do the same. Thank you.
Kiddos to you... your plan actually worked & man... they responded. Of all the things you've done this is the most impressive 👏🏾 BUT FCK MR CHUCK....idk if I'm alone but I read his statement as if he had an attitude. Cocky bastard! Then got the nerve to say just because we don't see it doesnt mean they're doing anything....YEAH A BOTCHED UP JOB! LAZY! NO CREDIBILITY! LIES! WE'VE BEEN GETTING PROMISED THE WORST OF THE WORST... IM STILL MAD ABOUT THE DAMM CHALK & THEY GOT THE NERVE TO SAY THEY MAKE EFFORT? Yeah effort into pissing us (the fans) tf off everytime they open/ or don't open thier mouth. When I say I'm mad mad.... im mad!

Reactions: kai
Kiddos to you... your plan actually worked & man... they responded of all the things you've done this is the most impressive 👏🏾 BUT FCK MR CHUCK....idk if I'm alone but I read his statement as if he had an attitude. Cocky bastard! Then got the nerve to say just because we don't see it doesnt mean they're doing anything....YEAH A BOTCHED UP JOB! LAZY! NO CREDIBILITY! LIES! WE'VE BEEN GETTING PROMISED THE WORST OF THE WORST... IM STILL MAD ABOUT THE DAMM CHALK & THEY GOT THE NERVE TO SAY THEY MAKE EFFORT? Yeah effort into pissing us (the fans) tf off everytime they open/ or don't open thier mouth. When I say I'm mad mad.... im mad!

They always respond like that, with a seething contempt

for what it’s worth, we have yet to see the ‘victory’ tour documentary, that was due to air on cnn back in September. that one had nothing to do with the estate..
This is news to me! What's the word on this?

Back