Thriller 40th Anniversary

Because the other songs all sound like him and have a traceable history. The Cascio ttacks do not sound like him, but instead a known impersonator.
It has nothing to do with the songs being labelled as Cascio.
Nobody in their right mind would question 2000 Watts. It’s clearly Michael. That’s a tired argument.
If you are tired of people acting like they are voice anlaysis experts then try taking a look at the detailed forensic report by one of the world’s most highly repected voice experts that I posted in the other thread.
I know 2000 Watts is Michael, but please give your analysis that it is in fact Michael since you seem so sure in what you are claiming about his other songs. I want to know what an analysis of the song is like besides someone just saying it "just sounds like him."

I know 2000 Watts is Michael, but please give your analysis that it is in fact Michael since you seem so sure in what you are claiming about his other songs. I want to know what an analysis of the song is like besides someone just saying it "just sounds like him."
Are you trying to compare a legitimate sounding song released by Michael in his lifetime with highly questionable ones released after his death?

ok sure. Calling an Oscar winner a no-name is not being ignorant?
You're still doing it. Stop hyper focusing on one part of the post so you can continue arguing. You know why people don't like the doc, you don't need to be wilfully ignorant in order to keep defending something some people don't like. You like it, that's great. Other people don't lol.

You're still doing it. Stop hyper focusing on one part of the post so you can continue arguing. You know why people don't like the doc, you don't need to be wilfully ignorant in order to keep defending something some people don't like. You like it, that's great. Other people don't lol.
Your augment doesn't hold water. You want to say I'm ignorant yet when I bring up an ignorant statement by someone arguing against me, all of sudden their statement doesn't matter? You've got to be better than that.

Are you trying to compare a legitimate sounding song released by Michael in his lifetime with highly questionable ones released after his death?
Legitimate sounding is in your opinion. 2000 Watts sounded different than anything MJ put out before that.

Your augment doesn't hold water. You want to say I'm ignorant yet when I bring up an ignorant statement by someone arguing against me, all of sudden their statement doesn't matter? You've got to be better than that.
I said you're being wilfully ignorant to the general point being made so you can continue arguing.

Good god. Anyway instead of BS

I wonder what (if anything) will happen at One. It’s the first time it’s ever streamed, so maybe we’ll get some good information. Probably a bit optimistic but hey ho

Not sure how Thriller 40 thread turned into Cascio tracks, but I can't help but to chime in. With the Cascio tracks, it's not just a matter of it sounding or not sounding like Michael Jackson; It's also sounding exactly like someone else. There are certain tones and inflections that Malachi does that is similar to Michael's voice in later years, the Cascio tracks not only sound identical to Malachi, but each of those songs also stays within those tones and inflections that he knows how to emulate well... Aside from the adlibs from known MJ songs that were edited in. On top of that Malachi and Michael have very different vibratos, Malachi is sharper and more of a hammer vibrato style while Michael's is wider and more laryngeal vibrato style.. Their breathing styles while singing is very different, and while it may not seem like a big deal, it makes a world different.. One of Michaels greatest qualities in singing was his use of his breathing to bring an emotion and authenticity that gets lost in most artists recordings.

Good god. Anyway instead of BS

I wonder what (if anything) will happen at One. It’s the first time it’s ever streamed, so maybe we’ll get some good information. Probably a bit optimistic but hey ho

Yeah, the Q&A could be interesting at least, I guess.

Last edited:
Not sure how Thriller 40 thread turned into Cascio tracks, but I can't help but to chime in. With the Cascio tracks, it's not just a matter of it sounding or not sounding like Michael Jackson; It's also sounding exactly like someone else. There are certain tones and inflections that Malachi does that is similar to Michael's voice in later years, the Cascio tracks not only sound identical to Malachi, but each of those songs also stays within those tones and inflections that he knows how to emulate well... Aside from the adlibs from known MJ songs that were edited in. On top of that Malachi and Michael have very different vibratos, Malachi is sharper and more of a hammer vibrato style while Michael's is wider and more laryngeal vibrato style.. Their breathing styles while singing is very different, and while it may not seem like a big deal, it makes a world different.. One of Michaels greatest qualities in singing was his use of his breathing to bring an emotion and authenticity that gets lost in most artists recordings.
omg you must be an audio expert!!111

Jason Cupeta’s finest work!!

Anyway. Thriller 40 should be good. No reason why it can’t be but their track record with releases is poor. Michael deserves better but let’s see what happens

That's not something I've ever heard of

+ if you listen to the original, you can clearly hear Michael saying "Bridge. You can keep the looped drum going here"
I’ve spoken to one or two fans who thought “Hollywood” was one of the Cascio tracks. It’s the same as when people were convinced that The Weeknd was actually singing on “Don’t Matter to Me” by Drake instead of MJ: not everybody can discern one singer from another, even if the diehards can.

But I digress. The Cascio tracks are gone.

I’m just excited to see the track listing. What are the chances they’ll pull a Bad 25 and give us at least a couple unheard songs? Even two or three would suffice.

i still hope that there will be a blue ray for thriller40 project with thriller 3D and making of

I kinda have a feeling that, after the tracklist will be announced, some idiot will leak an unreleased track or something.

i still hope that there will be a blue ray for thriller40 project with thriller 3D and making of

Same, would be kinda bummed out if there is no physical release if they're gonna release the HD version. A heavily compressed Youtube upload only would be disappointing.

What happened to this place....

I think there might be a couple of "alternate take" songs on there, as per the leaked multitracks. Human Nature and Thriller have 6 or 7 lead vocal takes alone. I think they'll lazily go with those.

I think there might be a couple of "alternate take" songs on there, as per the leaked multitracks. Human Nature and Thriller have 6 or 7 lead vocal takes alone. I think they'll lazily go with those.
Yeah, could easily see tracklist space being filled with stuff like that.

I hope not. Other than the Lower Key version of “Human Nature,” I always thought this was such a lazy excuse for bonus features. Thankfully I’m not a Beatles fan, because paying hundreds for alternate takes that are indistinguishable from the originals (as they include on their reissues) is just pathetic.

Back