Thriller 40th Anniversary

Of course yet another mainstream media idiot. This is exactly why I have not paid any attention to it in years, no regrets so far. They were always after Michael, and they still are now. I don't talk about the Estate often since frankly I don't like to be negative (the closest I usually get to "negativity" is when I'm defending Michael, and even then I do so exactly because I consider him a positive figure), but goodness gracious, the Cascio tracks, now this... There are certain things I simply can't defend. We need less vultures and more love, and they're not helping, when they absolutely should. Love was Michael's message, after all.

Anyway I'm not gonna pay any attention to it, I don't trust it.

Molesting prepubescent boys is a greater taboo than seducing teenage girls.

"It may be morally questionable or legally wrong, but it's not weird behavior that an older guy wants to be with a younger girl," author/filmmaker Nelson George ("Hip Hop America") said.
Jackson, who rarely releases music anymore, is widely considered past his prime. The prolific Kelly is not.

"The one thing that Michael Jackson was not able to do was remind people why we care about you -- you're a great musician and a great entertainer," George said. "R. Kelly has been able to say, `Look at me. I'm more than these accusations. I'm still a gifted musician.'"

Spike doesnt look so bad now does he? Lol
Nelson was also included on Bad25. He actually got to listen to Bad early and didnt really have anything positive to say about it. I didnt know about the later comments he made.

Spike doesnt look so bad now does he?
Nah, he still does, lmao.

I still don’t think is anything worth getting angry over, unless I’m missing some recent comments he’s made. It’s entirely possible the man thought MJ was guilty and since had a come to Jesus moment. Every article I’m seeing is from 2005, when damn near everyone thought MJ was guilty of something. Opinions change over 17 years.

I guess I am the only one who liked the Spike Lee Docs. They added the impact parts for the younger mainstream audience. Thats how marketing works.

It is simply annoying how now for the 3rd Docu even before the release negativity spreads again.

Is this Community ever satisfied? Be more positive and you will see where this might lead to. ;)

I guess I am the only one who liked the Spike Lee Docs. They added the impact parts for the younger mainstream audience. Thats how marketing works.

It is simply annoying how now for the 3rd Docu even before the release negativity spreads again.

Is this Community ever satisfied? Be more positive and you will see where this might lead to. ;)

When they stop hiring people who think MJ molested children to create projects I guess there will be less negativity.

Before the release of MJ Musical, there was negatively surrounding it, because of the comments made by the writer or producer or someone associated with the musical about Michael. But look at how successful MJ Musical has been. I am hoping the same for Thriller 40 documentary.

To conclude the latest movie news, if I am right, we will soon get:
- Thriller Docu Making of / Impact
- Thriller Docu #2 aka Sonic Fantasy 2022 streamable
- Movie about MJs Life

Maybe even 4k music video releases will follow. Well, I am super excited. Also about how people and media will react. And thats only the "video" part of upcoming releases.

Exciting times ahead!

Before the release of MJ Musical, there was negatively surrounding it, because of the comments made by the writer or producer or someone associated with the musical about Michael. But look at how successful MJ Musical has been. I am hoping the same for Thriller 40 documentary.
Maybe you're right... I just get extremely defensive sometimes, and that article (which, granted, is pretty dang old by this point) didn't give me much hope. We'll see where this goes... My own misgivings aside, part of me is also curious, so we'll see how it pans out.

All that being said... I angry-reacted to this, yes, but part of me also has to LOL because I feel this has aged extremely poorly. Only contrarian edgelords defend R. Kelly anymore, I feel. Say what you want about the public's perception of MJ, most of us here aren't contrarian edgelords I don't think. Or, at least, I'm not. I've seen them online but they're in the minority.

Wait, so a Thriller docu is on the way?!

wwf-wrestling.gif

The damage was done in 1993 and it will never go away, each project going forward will always be clouded because the truth will never be revealed. Everybody and his dog has an opinion about the private life of Michael Jackson, some good some bad and some have change their opinion over the years , perhaps positively perhaps negatively. We have to accept that because that is how it is. I don’t care any more and all the projects that are on the cards are a blessing because given what Michael is accused off it is a miracle we’re still getting new stuff in the first place and I intend to enjoy it fully.

I’m curious about how they’ll discuss the album and its creation. I’d love a literal timeline presentation, where we move through songs in the order they were brought to the studio. I also hope there isn’t too much of an emphasis on its impact. We know it was huge; we don’t need an hour of people reminding us.

Of course not. MJ fans are just like the man himself: they're never satisfied with ANYTHING.

the documentaries that Michael himself produced: ‘the legend continues’ and ‘the one’, had a balance between both contemporary/influenced artists, and colleagues involved in the shaping of his career. ‘thriller 40’ most likely will follow suit.

I think berry Gordy, Susan depasse, mother Katherine and his brothers should be involved in the upcoming documentary regarding their roles in Motown 25.

this project should be the safest bet. it will cover a time in Michael’s life where there was little to no controversy. it was all about the art. the public were rooting for him and anticipating his every move.

No matter whay he has said 20 years ago I am very exited - and optimistic.

I hope the focus is on the making of the album - and not so much on the impact. - Everyone knows it has had a huge impact for the last 40 years.
Of course we will see footage of MJ climping the car in front of Madame Tussauds and footage of Michaelmania to show how it catapulted MJ into mega stardom. - I just hope it will not waste more than 5 minutes on this.

I hope for a 120 minutes documentary, unseen studio footage of MJ recording some of the worlds most legendary songs. Maybe live footage from The Jacksons concerts where Thriller songs are performed. Interviews with people who was involved in the making of Thriller.

I think it can and will be a great doc - I just hope it's 2 hours so it can have time to focus on each song, and have time to gi into details and show never before seen footage.

I am happy they did not go with Spike Lee again. This will be great.

Nah, he still does, lmao.

I still don’t think is anything worth getting angry over, unless I’m missing some recent comments he’s made. It’s entirely possible the man thought MJ was guilty and since had a come to Jesus moment. Every article I’m seeing is from 2005, when damn near everyone thought MJ was guilty of something. Opinions change over 17 years.
He wrote on MJs birthday last year his music was too ingrained to cancel. It's not 1-2 comments, it's 30+ years of MJ was an abuser, hated his race, insane etc etc

I'm split on this, I was against Spike Lee doing another doc, but I didn't realise that the other option was a man who publicly stated he felt Michael abused children.

I have nothing against Spike Lee, he's a great filmmaker and I really enjoyed Bad 25 but the Off The Wall doc wasn't to my taste. John Cameron made a more insightful documentary on Off The Wall

With that being said, I'm surprised given how protective Michael's fans are over his legacy, the Estate chose to hire George. Surely they knew we'd be angry at his hiring given his previous comments. Regardless of the quality of the doc, that fact will stain its legacy.

Hopefully it's focused on the albums creation and less on how it impacted "celebrities"

I'm split on this, I was against Spike Lee doing another doc, but I didn't realise that the other option was a man who publicly stated he felt Michael abused children.

I have nothing against Spike Lee, he's a great filmmaker and I really enjoyed Bad 25 but the Off The Wall doc wasn't to my taste. John Cameron made a more insightful documentary on Off The Wall

With that being said, I'm surprised given how protective Michael's fans are over his legacy, the Estate chose to hire George. Surely they knew we'd be angry at his hiring given his previous comments. Regardless of the quality of the doc, that fact will stain its legacy.

Hopefully it's focused on the albums creation and less on how it impacted "celebrities"
This is a guy who said TII was the 'last incarnation of the long lost little brown boy'.

It's absolutely disgusting that MJ worked for 95% of his whole life for us, the fans, the people, and they're picking people like THAT to tell his stories.

It's not a mistake at this point, it's intentional.

This is a guy who said TII was the 'last incarnation of the long lost little brown boy'.

It's absolutely disgusting that MJ worked for 95% of his whole life for us, the fans, the people, and they're picking people like THAT to tell his stories.

It's not a mistake at this point, it's intentional.
Exactly. It's horrible.
I wish Mike would be alive to sue the heck out of a lot of people

It feels very negligent on the Estate's part to say the least.

It's funny how George claims Mike "hates his race" yet he's made a career out of trying to destroy and belittle the artistic legacy of the greatest superstar that's ever lived, who also happens to be black.

"Can the heart reveal the proof
Like a mirror reveals the truth
See the evil one is you
Is That Scary"

Back