Thriller 40th Anniversary

It's not that hard to (re)create something fresh and interesting even with the album tracks themselves.

Yep, I've said before that the estate do not need to use totally unheard stuff in order to create releases, it just takes the slightest bit of creativity but I am not expecting that from them at this point.

Yep, I've said before that the estate do not need to use totally unheard stuff in order to create releases, it just takes the slightest bit of creativity but I am not expecting that from them at this point.
We can make a bonus ep ourselves with the reduxes/remixes from the guys in the community. There's plenty of them that are great, like this one here and Groovefunkel's Human Nature extended take.

It's not that hard to (re)create something fresh and interesting even with the album tracks themselves.

I dunno, I feel like these are also a waste of space and resources. As promo singles? Sure. But if they start saying, “Buy a new mix of ‘Billie Jean’!” I’m not biting.

Great post. Agree entirely - It was like they are stuck in the middle and was some sort of pre-commitment to do but they just couldn't be bothered. As you say, appealing to a new fanbase promotion needs to be heavy. they are barely even tweeting/IG'ing it.
Hi I have sent you a message in pm.
I don't think that the estate are who should be kicked for this it's more Sony.
It would be nice if we could get a communication going with the estate.

Hi I have sent you a message in pm.
I don't think that the estate are who should be kicked for this it's more Sony.
It would be nice if we could get a communication going with the estate.
Sony is an easy scapegoat because fans refuse to acknowledge that MJ was also wrong back in 2001. They absolutely have a hand in marketing, but the estate oversees the social media accounts and promotional events. The estate deserves the blame for this.

The absence of Thriller40 on HDtracks makes me believe there'll be also a 24/96 version, that's to be announced very soon. Hopefully it'll be not compressed to death.
100% sure that if there is a hi-res version (there will be one, most likely.) It will be the exact same as the standard 16-bit version. So... block of sound.

So my bet for the 4K vids is

1 . Thriller
2. Beat It
3. Billie Jean
4. Say Say Say
5. Complete HD Victory concert

Ha, I wish. What do you think it'll be the 5th one?
If there are five then the last two might be Bad era short films.

Back