Thriller 40th Anniversary

They look great.
1080p so far, but amazing what they did with it.

On Thriller, the ending "What's the problem"
So crisp.
52494058056_cd0e0e4037_k.jpg

Last edited:
it might have been cropped too.. but it was widescreen 16:9 and it was not cropped from the 4:3 version.. you could see more at left and right.
The IMAX version has more data left to right, but there were parts MJ got cut off in that one, i say they did the right thing releasing a 4K remaster of the film the way we've known it.

Was this a direct stream rip or did someone screen record and rip it? I'm bad at telling apart footage, it looks like a direct rip to me though.

Did a quick comparison with a bootleg recording of the 2017 3D showcase vs. the HD upload:
uaUJsZg.png

hq1jIc2.jpg

Look at where his wrist starts, plus left and right of the screen. It seems like the 3D print was cropped at the top and bottom.

Q9qj06L.png

MJCC3IW.jpg

And here with the wide street shots, it seems to confirm the same..
I might be dead wrong though, I never saw the 3D screening IRL...

The extra data on the 16:9 version is tiny. Don't think it's worth so much image being cut off. Of course I understand it being made for the Cinema screen version, though.

Did a quick comparison with a bootleg recording of the 2017 3D showcase vs. the HD upload:
uaUJsZg.png

hq1jIc2.jpg

Look at where his wrist starts, plus left and right of the screen. It seems like the 3D print was cropped at the top and bottom.

Q9qj06L.png

MJCC3IW.jpg

And here with the wide street shots, it seems to confirm the same..
I might be dead wrong though, I never saw the 3D screening IRL...
I guess I was one of the fortunate ones that watched it in iMAX and it looks like it was cropped

well, then i might be wrong about the cropping... i was sure it wasnt cropped :D

Those imax pictures are cropped at the top. You can’t see the bottom I think as they’re hiding their cameras, so the bottom black bar is a chair 🙃

i have the bad guess that they will put out "billie jean munich" as one of the videos.....

The 4K version of Thriller should be up on YouTube on a few days. Although compression is a bitch, their 4K codec is much better than the x264 one.

Now we can clearly see MJ's makeup on Thriller music video. He used it since Say Say Say

Thriller is now available in 4K on Apple Music (apparently).

What platforms are the 4K versions available on right now?

Back