Thriller 40th Anniversary

I do respect that Branca is taking a firm stance on this and openly defending his artist, but not entirely sure how throwing direct insults at one of biggest entertainment companies on the planet is beneficial in the long term lol.

"Maybe Disney should stick to cartoons, perhaps they don't belong in the music business" - John Branca
John Branca about to drop the long awaited HIStory Book 2. I want him to smoke everybody.

I do respect that Branca is taking a firm stance on this and openly defending his artist, but not entirely sure how throwing direct insults at one of biggest entertainment companies on the planet is beneficial in the long term lol.

"Maybe Disney should stick to cartoons, perhaps they don't belong in the music business" - John Branca
Yall can believe this bs if you want. I'm like mj...I want no parts of this guy & I do not trust him. I know for a fact he is behind all of this. He is the estate & foremost why in the hell would you not promote thriller 40. All I've heard in the past few months is "the estate x100" which is 90% branca. Again...something ain't right

Wait what?
We had already got all thriller songs uploaded on the YT channel including e.g. TGIM with 6mio views

But why not uploading a new one starting by 0 views? I am out now :D unbelievable

same for the rest of the album btw ;)

(even if I like the new animation, isn't there a different solution without losing the old views?)

Last edited:
57 minuets ago.

I agree with the silhouette idea on that Wanna be startin something video.

Last edited:
I think they might be auto generated by YT music since you can't "favourite" the video, but just rate it.

I am keeping a close eye on the "new" wanna be startin video 🤪 and the classics that they uploaded a few hours ago.
Will be interesting to see. Wanna has 94 K views currently...

For my own sanity please tell me TLIML and TGIM videos don't count as 2 of the 5 videos and we'll still get Billie Jean in 4K. 🙃

It's a total reach. Looks nothing like MJ lol.
Yeah yeah lol I agree. I couldn't resist though. I had to try do something to save us!!!! ....anyway

So we are at 95K now for The wanna be one.... and 10k views for Human Nature.
I guess people /public /the kids/new blood like purple colours and randomish anime people....
Hmmmm. .

I don't think John Branca would need to worry about any of the long term consequences loool.

Overtime I’ve developed the impression that Branca has no clue what’s going on outside of the legal elements with the estate. He assigns projects to staff members but isn’t very hands on. The “executive producer” credit is sort of just a technicality. Compare the general lazy sensibilities of the estate with how lightning fast they are when it comes to lawsuits and copyrights. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Not that that’s an excuse, but I really feel like Branca isn’t intentionally sabotaging the estate; he just doesn’t pay attention and let’s middlemen run everything. Not sure what McClain does, but there needs to be a quality assurance coordinator.

Totally! The estate did not even sue the producer of LN for using copyright protected material e.g. music (videos).

Well.. Is it possible that his era will end soon? or not?

Overtime I’ve developed the impression that Branca has no clue what’s going on outside of the legal elements with the estate. He assigns projects to staff members but isn’t very hands on. The “executive producer” credit is sort of just a technicality. Compare the general lazy sensibilities of the estate with how lightning fast they are when it comes to lawsuits and copyrights. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Not that that’s an excuse, but I really feel like Branca isn’t intentionally sabotaging the estate; he just doesn’t pay attention and let’s middlemen run everything. Not sure what McClain does, but there needs to be a quality assurance coordinator.
well, he is a lawyer, isn't he! So question is why does he not bring in more competent people to run the creative and technical stuff!!! Why not even bring Prince in, though Prince still needs to learn a lot, but he would (guessing) care!

Really, I think all this Branca-bashing is really over the top. Although I'm really annoyed by Thriller 40's low promotion, I still think that Branca is a really serious Estate- manager overall. And it's just wrong to suggest Michael didn't appreciate him until the end of his life. On every album, also on the last in his lifetime, Thriller 25, he expressly thanked Branca and he most important he named him as executor in his will. It was easy for Michael to give to the court a new testament if this not longer was his wish., Previous testaments automaticly would no longer last.
Nothing wrong also when Branca talks about how he met Michael. Michael also talked about it in his book Moonwalker, and I think the stories are not different.

Maybe the @mods can Branca ask if he is willing to do do a Q&A with the fans in the forum.

Why had Brenda Richie to approve the use of "We are The World". Was she involved in the song?

Brenda Harvey Richie

@BrendaRichie
·
9 Std.

I am just hearing about this. Michael’s Estate, Lionel and I had to approve the use of “We Are The World”, on the AMA’s. I had no idea about the cancelation of Chris before hand.

Maybe the @mods can Branca ask if he is willing to do do a Q&A with the fans in the forum.
That's a good idea. I am sure fans have lots of questions. We can check with Gaz, I have no idea if this is something Branca does or if he would even make the time.

he most important he named him as executor in his will.
All great points, but at the same time the lack of content, no Thriller 40 promos does raise questions about what is happening, intentionally or unintentionally. I am sure, It's mostly fun and games here, people just venting, the discussion does get carried away sometimes.

I think I enjoy Who Do You Know due to the guitar sounding similar to Wonderful Tonight.

Reactions: ssj
Back