TII - DVD/Blu Ray (Deals and Packages) Thread

Oh, MJfan1, thank you so much for that! I have a couple questions, tho - 1) Does the Target combo pack have the extras that the regular Blu-Ray has? and 2) What all extras on the Blu-Ray that aren't on the Wal-Mart double disc?

Anyone know?

1) Does the Target combo pack have the extras that the regular Blu-Ray has?
Yes, but only the Single Disc Blu-ray features.

2) What all extras on the Blu-Ray that aren't on the Wal-Mart double disc?
The Single Disc Bluray Version Will Have the full Smooth Criminal +making of and Thriller Vignettes plus a few more extras. IDK about the double disc Bluray being sold at Best Buy.

For US Fans :

Walmart (DVD People, I recommend gong here): Walmart USA has an exclusive limited edition 2-disc DVD available now for pre-order costing $24.96. It includes all the content from the single-disc edition plus an extra 60 minutes of never-before-seen exclusive features.

Best Buy (Blu-Ray People I would recommend going here) : Best Buy USA is accepting pre-orders as well in-store and online. If you pre-order between now and January 25, 2010 (with a $5 deposit), you will receive a collectible DVD-size SteelBook metal case (DVD, Blu-ray) immediately that you can display alongside your other Michael Jackson memorabilia. Inside, the case has room to hold the discs for the film. There will also be three different Best Buy exclusives for the Blu-ray version of the film. Each will include an exclusive bonus Blu-ray disc with extra content and a 3D backstage pass replica showcasing different artwork. Version #1 is This Is It - Pointing, Version #2 is This Is It - Smooth Criminal and Version #3 is This Is It - Blue Shirt Dancing. If you pre-order in-store, you will not be able to select which Best Buy exclusive version for the Blu-ray release and you will still have to arrive at the store early on release day to guarantee you get your first choice. However, if you pre-order online, you can select which Best Buy exclusive version for the Blu-ray release you would like immediately and they will ship it to you. At this time, on BestBuy.com, the images seem to be incorrect representations of Version #1 and #2 of the Blu-ray exclusives so please confirm with customer service when ordering to ensure you get the version you want.

Target (If you're still deciding to whether to get a Bluray Player) : Target USA is the only retailer to release a Blu-ray & DVD combo pack.It will consist of both the DVD and Blu-ray versions of This Is It. It is a great choice if you want to watch it in the car DVD player and also at home on your Blu-ray player. Also, it is good for anyone who currently does not have a Blu-ray player, but plans to in the future. The Blu-ray & DVD combo pack is currently priced at $29.99 and available for pre-order at Target.com.

0004339633896_500X500.jpg

Walmart USA DVD Exclusive

51Xg6UNh1gL._AA260_.jpg

Target USA Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack Exclusive

41T%2BG60RARL._SS350_.jpg

Best Buy Version

Source:http://www.examiner.com/x-34131-NY-...and-Bluray-releases?cid=exrss-NY-DVD-Examiner

Thanks so much for this.

For those interested in buying the Bluray from Best Buy (USA) go to the bottom of this link that mjfan provided (http://www.examiner.com/x-34131-NY-...and-Bluray-releases?cid=exrss-NY-DVD-Examiner) and there is a slide show that shows the 3 different pictures on the backstage passes. The bestbuy.com site doesn't really show you them.

does the best buy 2 disc blu ray have the most features ? and how much is it? thank you

we will find all tommorow i guess... if the walmart has the uk featurette that it says on the commercial then that is the one im getting... if not i will get the bestbuy blu ray

does the best buy 2 disc blu ray have the most features ? and how much is it? thank you

I just ordered the Smooth Criminal version of the Best Buy Bluray. I dont know what the extra disc has on it, but the other options here in US don't seem to offer anything more than bestbuy. I usually buy from amazon ($24 for bluray) but they aren't offering anything extra.

It's $29.99 + tax with free shipping on best buy.

I just ordered the Smooth Criminal version of the Best Buy Bluray. I dont know what the extra disc has on it, but the other options here in US don't seem to offer anything more than bestbuy. I usually buy from amazon ($24 for bluray) but they aren't offering anything extra.

It's $29.99 + tax with free shipping on best buy.

I preordered the BRD from Amazon 3 weeks ago because I bought some other stuff with it. But when I heard that the BRD from Best Buy is coming with a second disc of features, I decided to order it tonight because you get the second disc, the steelbook case, and the backstage pass. Unfortunately, I can't cancel my TII order from Amazon anymore so I'll just have to return it.

I'm angry and frustrated that it's not equal everywhere and with every store. It's so confusing trying to get the best deal with everything I want.

the walmart says 60 minutes of extra footage, I thought we were getting more than 90 minutes of footage!? Can anyone confirm?

OK I'm confused again. So does Walmart extra disc have something the blu ray disc has?

Right now Walmart.com is already out of stock on the exclusive 2-disc DVD. I wonder if their stores will have a decent amount on hand.

If someone gets either the Best Buy exclusive Blu-ray or the Wal-mart exclusive DVD, please post what the "exclusive" content is :)

I really don't understand why all of this information is not put in the product descriptions on these websites. It's leaving us confused and wondering!!

Thats what I want to know. What exactly are these extra 60 minutes??

Hi MoeJack & RockWithYou28,

Here is the Walmart "Exclusive Limited Edition 2-Disc" details (with the 60 Minutes of Exclusive Features) --

Disc One:

2 Making-Of Documentaries
- "Staging the Return: 2-Part Making-Of Documentary"

3 Featurettes:
- "The Gloved One"
- "Memories of Michael"
- "Auditions: Searching for the Worlds Best Dancers"

------------------------------------------------------

Disc Two:

4 Featurettes:
- "Meet the Dancers"
- "Meet the Band"
- "Meet the Vocalists"
- The Unfinished Rehearsals"

I also posted some photos here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86101

Levi

I bought the Blu Ray version at the midnight release at Best Buy in LA. It was $29.99, but you could get $5 off if you also bought Thriller or the This Is It soundtrack. I picked version 2, which has the Smooth Criminal backstage pass.

As for the special features, disc one has the same extras as the DVD, disc two has "Dancing Machine - Choreography" and a PSP Digital Copy to transfer via your Playstation 3 (I'm not sure yet if that means you can't upload it to your Ipod, I'll be pretty irritated if that's true since I specifically bought the Blu Ray version for a digital copy). It also has BD Exclusives: the Thriller and Smooth Criminal vignettes, and BD Live enabled with movieIQ featuring an interactive playlist...

So does that mean that the only features exclusive to the Best Buy version were the PSP Digital Copy and "Dancing Machine"?... Unfortunately, I don't actually have a Blu Ray player yet, so I can't actually watch it. I just wanted to buy it now because I plan to buy a Blu Ray player in the future and wanted to get one of the limited editions. The 3D backstage pass is ok, but I almost wish I would have just gotten the DVD/Blu Ray combo at Target. Maybe Target's version doesn't have all of the same special features, though? Argh, this is too confusing!!

I bought the Blu Ray version at the midnight release at Best Buy in LA. It was $29.99, but you could get $5 off if you also bought Thriller or the This Is It soundtrack. I picked version 2, which has the Smooth Criminal backstage pass.

As for the special features, disc one has the same extras as the DVD, disc two has "Dancing Machine - Choreography" and a PSP Digital Copy to transfer via your Playstation 3 (I'm not sure yet if that means you can't upload it to your Ipod, I'll be pretty irritated if that's true since I specifically bought the Blu Ray version for a digital copy). It also has BD Exclusives: the Thriller and Smooth Criminal vignettes, and BD Live enabled with movieIQ featuring an interactive playlist...

So does that mean that the only features exclusive to the Best Buy version were the PSP Digital Copy and "Dancing Machine"?... Unfortunately, I don't actually have a Blu Ray player yet, so I can't actually watch it. I just wanted to buy it now because I plan to buy a Blu Ray player in the future and wanted to get one of the limited editions. The 3D backstage pass is ok, but I almost wish I would have just gotten the DVD/Blu Ray combo at Target. Maybe Target's version doesn't have all of the same special features, though? Argh, this is too confusing!!

Okay SCREEEECH HALT! LOL! Is Dancing Machine the choreography bits with Michael and Travis dancing in the mirror? :unsure: Can anyone with a blu ray player who gets the Best Buy 2disk set confirm what Dancing Machine is or does anyone already know for sure what it is? I already know which DVD disks I'm getting. Now I need to figure out which Blu ray has the most content. THIS one sounds promising at the mo.

According to a Norwegian shop, this is the bonus material for the DVD:

Creating A Comeback - Two-part Making of DocumentaryThe Gloved One - Costumes FeaturetteMemories of Michael FeaturetteAuditions: Searching for the World’s Best Dancers FeaturetteThis is It - Music VideoMeet the Dancers FeaturetteMeet the Band FeaturetteMeet the Vocalists Featurette

For the Blu-Ray, it's added more:

Creating A Comeback - Two-part Making of DocumentaryThe Gloved One - Costumes FeaturetteMemories of Michael FeaturetteAuditions: Searching for the World’s Best Dancers FeaturetteThis is It - Music VideoMeet the Dancers FeaturetteMeet the Band FeaturetteMeet the Vocalists FeaturetteDancing Machine - Choreography FeaturetteThis Is It: The Photo CollectionSmooth Criminal Short Film (BD Exclusive)Making Smooth Criminal Featurette (BD Exclusive)Thriller Short Film (BD Exclusive)
MovieIQ - featuring the ”This Is It” Playlist - connects you to access real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie

As we can see, Smooth Criminal Short film and Thriller short film is BD Exclusive. Look at the last one called MovieIQ. Wonder what that is.

This DVD and Blu-Ray are called "Special Edition". It doesn't say more than that. I don't know if it's steel edition either.

Okay, so Dancing Machine is the bits with Michael and Travis in the mirror, then. I think the Best Buy blu ray in USA has this. Maybe the USA has the same as Europe but our stuff is spread out. We can't get it all one one disc. We have to buy both Walmart's DVD and Best Buy's Blu ray editions to get everything. At least that's how it looks so far. Ahhhh!:wild:

Last edited:
Just got back from HMV (canada) - no 2disc edition to be found...

I've pre-ordred my Best Buy Bluray but even that is missing some of the special features.

This is SO annoying. Sony is NOTORIOUS for doing this stuff. It's not fair to consumers and especially fans.

We need a list of ALL the features out there from all the discs and start "trading".

I've pre-ordred my Best Buy Bluray but even that is missing some of the special features.

This is SO annoying. Sony is NOTORIOUS for doing this stuff. It's not fair to consumers and especially fans.

We need a list of ALL the features out there from all the discs and start "trading"

Agree. Just not here ;)

We need a list of ALL the features out there from all the discs and start "trading".

I had a sneaky feeling this was going to happen which is why I ultimately decided not to pre-order anything. I know at the last minute they tend to have these special exclusives at different stores, limited editions and all kinds of crap which aren't advertised til the week of release. It was hard to wait but now it's a race to the store to get these limited editions before they sell out.

Right now I'm crapping bricks at my desk waiting for my co-worker to get back from lunch. Then I can leave and pray it's not too late getting to the store. Had all these details been known in advance I woulda been at the store when they opened this morning. So, I feel your pain about Sony not being more clear about what's on each disc and the various stores that will stock them further in advance. Grrrr! :(

Whats more frustrating is that I don't think the 2-disc edition actually is being sold ANYWHERE in Canada.

Granted maybe Walmart has it, but there's no walmart near me so I can't go and check. The fact is, they should be selling the "special edition" everywhere. Dont they realize they'd make more money that way?

when will these movie companies learn?

NOT TO MENTION the itunes exclusive features. but I refuse to buy this A THIRD TIME!

Man are you serious? This is a super gay nightmare! So to how many different Blueray versions do i have to buy to get all the features? 3? or more?!

stupid sony!! i just wanna see michael dance in the studio!!! ahhhh

Back