TII - DVD/Blu Ray (Deals and Packages) Thread

Does anyone know how long the Dancing Machine extra is? I bought the Blu-Ray from Walmart, but I haven't opened it yet. If this is something worth getting the Best Buy version for, I can order it online and bring mine back to Walmart.

Does anyone know how long the Dancing Machine extra is? I bought the Blu-Ray from Walmart, but I haven't opened it yet. If this is something worth getting the Best Buy version for, I can order it online and bring mine back to Walmart.

Hi NearFantastica,

I posted some pictures of the Best-Buy Blu-Ray (which contains the "Dancing Machine" feature) here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86101

Hope this helps,
Levi

OK sorry I am so lost with all the different DVDs/Blu-Rays out there.
Does anyone know out of all the versions across the planet...what version has the best/all the features?

HOLY CRAP!!! LOOK AT ALL THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS ON BEST BUY'S WEBSITE!! I just called the store and the lady was like "no we only have 2 versions, the bluray and dvd" and i was like "nooo..you're website says there are like 3 versions of the bluray one" i'm so confused...
take a look

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat201700050004&type=category

I know I'm probably wrong on this, but I think Bestbuys 3 versions refer to the photo/badges inside the packet.

One version has a badge with the photo of MJ "pointing"
One version has a badge with him wearing the blue shirt
One version is the badge with the photo of him as Smooth Criminal

But again, I'm not sure.

WHICH "Blu-Ray VERSION" CONTAINS ALL EXTRAS?

Why nobody speaks clearly about the facts?

I dont understand anything anymore after reading through the thread here :/

LOL :rofl: This confusion makes me laugh now, everyone is less or more confused.

I'd like to know simply the best choice in Europe, it's the bluray I suppose? (there is only one bluray version, am I right?) And also which dvd package is the best for me to by in Europe, the 2-disc dvd? Collector's edition? And why is everyone so buzzed about the German release, is there something other European countries don't have?

Hay guys
Really hope someone can help me i want to pre order this is it on hmv.co.uk so the verision i would like to get is the :-
This Is It: 2dvd: Hmv Exclusive: Special Edition and the This is it on blu ray and also i would like to get the stealbook case one,so buying all that does that cover all the special features and that?if someone could help me i would be so greatfull there is also This is it 2 DVD special editionbut im thinking thats the same as the This is it:2dvd:hmv exclusive:special edition the different is the cards that come with it,if someone can help me i would be very greatfull xoxo

ps-i am from england xoxo

It is about 15 minutes.

One sweet moment in the segment...MJ saying how much he still loved dancing to his sister's song "The knowledge". I wonder how Janet is going to feel if or when she sees that part.

Last edited:
Whats more frustrating is that I don't think the 2-disc edition actually is being sold ANYWHERE in Canada.

Granted maybe Walmart has it, but there's no walmart near me so I can't go and check. The fact is, they should be selling the "special edition" everywhere. Dont they realize they'd make more money that way?

when will these movie companies learn?

NOT TO MENTION the itunes exclusive features. but I refuse to buy this A THIRD TIME!

Wrong.

Walmart, Future Shop & Best buy all have tons of 2-disk DVD.
Who goes to HMV for music nowadays? I havent' been to that store in over a decade.

It is about 15 minutes.

One sweet moment in the segment...MJ saying how much he still loved dancing to his sister's song "The knowledge". I wonder how Janet is going to feel if or when she sees that part.
Aww :cry:

So I went and got the This Is It blu-ray yesterday at Wal-Mart and I have a funny story to share...

It was around 11am, and I decided to get my DVD so I walk right towards the entertainment section and all the TV's were playing This Is It. There were about 8-10 people crowded around the televisions watching and commenting how amazing it is. Then there was a big stand of TII DVD's right beside the televisions. I'd say 50% of them were sold out already! As I was browsing and reading the back of the case, a woman approached me and we got into a big discussion about how amazing MJ is and talked about seeing it at the cinema. She also purchased a copy. In the 5 minutes I was there, I seen 5 people pick up one. Then as I was paying the woman at the cash asked me if there were any copies left because she wanted one. She went on to say how talented MJ was and how she loves his music. As we were talking, the guy behind me in line started asking about it and actually left the line to go get one. Apparently the sales have been huge so far, according to the woman at Wal-Mart. Just thought I'd share that with everybody!

So I went and got the This Is It blu-ray yesterday at Wal-Mart and I have a funny story to share...

It was around 11am, and I decided to get my DVD so I walk right towards the entertainment section and all the TV's were playing This Is It. There were about 8-10 people crowded around the televisions watching and commenting how amazing it is. Then there was a big stand of TII DVD's right beside the televisions. I'd say 50% of them were sold out already! As I was browsing and reading the back of the case, a woman approached me and we got into a big discussion about how amazing MJ is and talked about seeing it at the cinema. She also purchased a copy. In the 5 minutes I was there, I seen 5 people pick up one. Then as I was paying the woman at the cash asked me if there were any copies left because she wanted one. She went on to say how talented MJ was and how she loves his music. As we were talking, the guy behind me in line started asking about it and actually left the line to go get one. Apparently the sales have been huge so far, according to the woman at Wal-Mart. Just thought I'd share that with everybody!

that's awesome! :clapping:

For US fans: I ordered the Japanese Blu-ray of TII on Amazon Japan and received it today. It had everything (even came with a booklet)! It cost me about $22 for shipping (about $60 total), but it was worth it. The region code for US and JP are the same. It played fine on my player.

I've noticed that on the back of the box, it says "Dual-layer disk." Maybe the US version is a single layer to cut the cost??? US fans, we are screwed...

Wrong.

Walmart, Future Shop & Best buy all have tons of 2-disk DVD.
Who goes to HMV for music nowadays? I havent' been to that store in over a decade.

Strange, the ones I went to here in toronto only had the 1 disc...

I pre-ordered a DVD but can't afford to buy a blu-ray player.
Blu-ray version is on the web but I haven't found 'special features only' torrents yet.
I've never downloaded any official MJ stuff (except Ghosts since getting VCD is ridiculous now) but this time I'd like to. I don't want to pay Sony this time.

All the Blu-ray versions released, I mean released in different countries are the same right?

I've delayed getting it just because all of this is confusing and i didn't know which one to choose and now my mother in law bought the plain old DVD just the other day. How can I tell her I want the receipt so I can take it back and get the blu-ray one?:doh:

I'm gonna get those tomorrow, DVD (2 Disc Set) & Blu-Ray.

Back