Uhuru Radio: America Killed Michael Jackson

seany

Proud Member
Interesting Radio Show surrounding Mike's passing.

From Show: The Music Speaks
Broadcast: Jun 29, 2009
Length: 119:50 minutes
Access: Public
Download Link: Right-Click or Control-Click Here

Uhuru Radio director Nyabinga Dzimbahwe is joined by longtime radio host and African music historian Norman Otis Richmond for a special program remembering Michael Jackson and examining the life and struggles of this incredibly talented African man. Michael Jackson, who influenced nearly all performers who came after him, died on Thursday, June 25, 2009, and even after his death the imperialist media attacks him and his family as it does the African community in general. Michael Jackson's talent grew out of the African community, and his torment came from an ideological assault waged against the African community by America that tells African people every day that ones success is dependent on how white-like he or she is. This 2-hour special features songs by the artist, commentary by Richmond and Dzimbahwe, as well as by callers to the program.
http://uhurunews.com/radio/playaudio?resource_name=the-music-speaks-2009-06-29-audio

Keep on breeding the hate machine ^^^^

Love Rules.

:heart:
souldreamer7

Last edited:
Well it's a wild generalisation. Some individuals, gave him hell, but thats no justifcation to blame a country like that, the system gave Michael hell.

Last edited:
I never thought America would have killed Michael, I think it's a bit crazy thing to say.

Although I'm not American, I've never been there, so I hardly know how things are over there, but to me it seems, that this discrimination-against-the-black people is a little bit exaggerated at some points. (Am I wrong?)
I don't believe haters and tabloid journalists picked him out only because he was of black origin.
Equally, I think that if he had been of white origin, he must have suffered about the same, maybe.

I think the reason for their attacks against him was that he was easy to hurt (you could easily find his weak points, let's say), and people were (and still are) in general very curious about everything that had anything to do with him (good and bad news as well).
You know, sadly, most of the people are envious, and their little soul releases when they read something bad about someone famous. They're like "Oh...so he/she did something this crazy? Well, looks like I'm still ok with my life...I'm still better than this"

Otherwise, if we're to blame someone, the whole world is guilty if you ask me.
In my country-maybe because we're just following the US anywhere and everywhere- the media is still highly against him, that's why I grew up thinking he was some crazy ex-popsinger, who actually had great talents, but got nuts over the years. I'm so sorry for what I was thinking about him! :(
Though I never quite judged him, I just didn't know what to think to be honest. (Why I did not check this personally, I have no idea)

To sum up, I'd say many many people and not only Americans could be blamed for his death- but it's really no use blaming anyone (just my opinion).
I don't agree with labelling a whole country, a whole nation guilty, just because some people- or even if many people from that country attacked him all the time. It's not only them who did it.
And I completely disagree with the thought that anyone would have killed MJ because of his origin.
It was much more the matter of envy.

America didn't kill Michael. But it definitely hurt him in many ways...in my opinion. I think America is partly to blame for many people's distorted image of Michael, since it's mostly Americans who criticize and slander on his name.

Back