Update @pg9/ MJJC Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join Case Team

Re: MJJC Conrad Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join to Case Team

I would like to help.

any idea what you want to help with?

I would like to help, but not sure how as I'm from a different time zone.

Nevertheless, I really appreciate all the effort MJJC is putting into bringing timely information and updates from the trial. Big thanks :)

how about translations?

and please anyone that can record testimonies, translate summaries, can provide legal and medical expertise or want to help at the support section , keep volunteering

Re: MJJC Conrad Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join to Case Team

i would like to help too guys im work in criminal lawyer office so i know well the system im in portland OR USA

how about translations?

and please anyone that can record testimonies, translate summaries, can provide legal and medical expertise or want to help at the support section , keep volunteering

Why does MJJCommunity need translations into other languages and where do we post the translations?

Thanks for this Ivy, I have no doubt you guys will keep us all up to speed with the proceedings.

how about translations?

I plan on recording everyday, so I could do summaries.

Why does MJJCommunity need translations into other languages and where do we post the translations?

after we do the summaries, we will hope that the translator team could translate them - we'll create a thread for it - and we'll share it with all the fans around the world. We as MJJC don't need translations per se, our goal is to provide information to people who doesn't speak or understand English very well. It's MJ Fan community service.

I plan on recording everyday, so I could do summaries.

Do you think you can upload your recordings online, if needed?

after we do the summaries, we will hope that the translator team could translate them - we'll create a thread for it - and we'll share it with all the fans around the world. We as MJJC don't need translations per se, our goal is to provide information to people who doesn't speak or understand English very well. It's MJ Fan community service.

For the sake of the better organization I propose to open some threads and stick them now if we want to build a team of translators. If there are people who can translate into French along with me I could supervise or proofread some translations as I won't have time to do everything on my own.

I could supervise some translations into Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian too, but won't have time to translate into those latter.

We could already open French & Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian translation teams threads. It seems that someone said could provide translations into Russian, we could open that thread too.

And why not open as many languages threads as possible hoping that people will have time to translate the summaries.

We can already ask who can provide translations into which language.

In the meantime, major world languages would be more than helpful:

French
Spanish
Mandarin Chinese
Russian
Arabic
Hindi
Turkish
Urdu
Japanese
Korean
Swahili
Lingala
Portuguese
German
Farsi
Hebrew
Tagalog

Thanks for the suggestions. this is why we have this thread. so that we can form teams and decide how we want to organize things. We have around 20 days to get ready and put a system in place.

Ps: I'm talking with Ben to help with French translation.

ivy put this post on facebook and twitter so more fans can see and join ok and on myspace

Since Ivy threatened me :)P), I'll be glad to help as much as I can.

Since Ivy threatened me :)P), I'll be glad to help as much as I can.

You are lucky she only threatened you. She abducted my family and is holding them to ransom.

@Bumper, man, sorry. :(
OK, so I believe we are not in the best time zone, except for mornings, and I have a demanding job, but I expected this to be my life for the following weeks, so dont hesitate to share the load, ok!

This is so great, thank you.

@Bumper, man, sorry. :(
OK, so I believe we are not in the best time zone, except for mornings, and I have a demanding job, but I expected this to be my life for the following weeks, so dont hesitate to share the load, ok!

Same here. So I hope we'll have more people. We'll do what we can. Anyway the media will probably report it in French. The best sources as far as I am concerned would be the Canadian (Quebec) media as they'll most probably immediately translate things.

Well, personally I dont expect any french media to report on this anyway, just like in 05... So I agree with you. Any reliable media you know?

Well, personally I dont expect any french media to report on this anyway, just like in 05... So I agree with you. Any reliable media you know?

French speaking media:

Newspapers:

Courrier International
Le Soir
La Libre
Le Figaro
Le Vif/L'Express

TV:

RTBF/La Une
RTBF2/La Deux
TF1
FR2
FR3
ARTE (German/French)

French speaking media:

Newspapers:

Courrier International
Le Soir
La Libre
Le Figaro
Le Vif/L'Express

TV:

RTBF/La Une
RTBF2/La Deux
TF1
FR2
FR3
ARTE (German/French)

I dont know the belgian media, and I'm pretty sure most of the french ones wont care. :( Maybe Arte. And Euronews? They had a quick report of the arraignment.

Ivy: For some strange reason (My computer :S) that day (Sept 5 or 6) My post was not published. (That day my computer went out ... I saw what Windows call “blue screen”) I thought I had reached to send this message, but can not find it. So it's my fault I did not check. But I repeat what I wrote to you on Twitter and I leave here what I had written before, fortunately I kept my comment in Word:

"Hi Ivy. Thank you very much. I can help with Spanish translations of the summaries. As you know, anyway I do translations into Spanish, to publish information on the blog. I will strive to make in an hour earlier than I normally do translations.

On transmission, I am in Mexico and I saw Anthony trial via the Internet (via CNN Live)... I guess they will have something similar in the case against Murray."

Let me give you a status update about our current case team. We are still looking for more volunteers. Please don't hesitate to write if you think you can help in any way.

Andjustice4some (from http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.com/) , Wize Guy (from MJ Homicide Investigative Research) and Muzikfactorytwo (from http://muzikfactorytwo.blogspot.com/) are joining forces with MJJC's Ivy , jrsfan and Ginvid for summaries and commentaries about daily testimonies.

Elusive Moonwalker, LastTear and myosotis will stay on the top of the news articles and update us about what the media is reporting.

Cookie Monzter who is a practicing medical doctor, LMAT who is an ER experienced physician with paramedic experience, BGZ who is a registered surgical nurse with hands on experience about administrating Propofol and Arklove who is a registered nurse are going to be our medical arm, explaining the medical terminology and medical testimony in simplified fashion that we can all understand. They will also try to answer any question we might have.

mjjangel2002 who is a legal intern and june (well known commentator on blogs) who is a paralegal will be explaining criminal court procedures, simplify legal terms to us and do their best to answer any law related questions.

Currently we have volunteers for 6 languages:

mkgenie will do the Chinese translation.

Bumper Snippet and Ben will manage the French translation.

GiselaMJJ from Mexican blog of Tributo MJ will do the Spanish translation.

Milka will do the German translation but we are still looking for people that can help with German.

Jmie and Morinen will do the Russian translation.

Cinnamongirl will do the Italian translation.

For our translator teams we will create dedicated threads so that they can post their translations. And our current plan is to post the English summaries and ask you to translate them. If it works as we plan, translators wouldn't need to watch the testimony and/or seek media reports.

StaceyMJ and Lorraine will be running the Support forum during the trial. Ankita is going to help them in that section.

Again we are still looking for willing and able people to join the Case Team.

this is the current organization plan I have in mind - please comment so that we can tweak it.

Daily - Real Time Updates thread - Everyone that's watching the live stream can post short updates as they watch - No discussion
Daily - News Threads - News team updates it with media reports - No discussion
Daily - Discussion thread

Dedicated - Testimony Summaries thread - Summary team posts every testimony summary from the trial transcripts - no discussion

Dedicated - Medical Testimony Explanation thread - Medical team explains medical testimony in layman's terms - no discussion
Dedicated - Medical Q and A - Medical team answers any questions that they can - copies important answers to the Explanation thread.
(If needed a separate Medical discussion thread)

Dedicated - Court procedures and Law Q and A - Legal team answers questions and explains legal procedures.
(if needed a separate Legal Explanation thread with no discussion)

Dedicated - Language Translation threads. Translator teams translate daily testimony summaries.

As I'm a registered nurse, I can possibly be added to the medical team, although my field isn't surgical...I'm not sure how much time I'll have...But I can help in anyway I can, answering questions, etc...:)

I could do the italian translation :cheeky: if needed

I can step in for Russian translation while JMie is away.

@Ivy

I think we'd need a whole new section for the translations classified in alphabetical order per language. That way the translations won't get lost among other threads. What do you think? Also guests and non-members could immediately access and easily find reports in their respective language.

we can do a sub forum under case forum if you like. but I'm not sure if it would allow us alphabetical order , I'll check it.

keep the comments coming we have 2 weeks for organize this in a way that would work for all of us and then when the trial starts we can immediately start working on it.

Well, we can expect people to read those translations, but also to comment them in their respective language. So I think that it would be wise to create two threads per language: one for the reports and translations or only translations, and one for discussions.

I don't know the size of all this project, but in case it attracts non-English speakers, I think that it'd be wise to have a moderator for each pair of language thread.

p.s. Or a few moderators familiar with all the languages threads.

Last edited:

I don't know the size of all this project, but in case it attracts non-English speakers, I think that it'd be wise to have a moderator for each pair of language thread.

Depends on how busy the discussions will be, maybe mods are not necessary, if someone posts things that are out of line, other people in these threads could just report the post with a quick translation for the mods, so that they know what has been said and can step in if necessary.

Fellow German speakers, please don't be shy. ;) I really need help.

I think we need one sticky thread which will have links to the translation threads (like a table of content). The sub forum for just translations would be too much IMO. And with a sticky thread with all the links all the threads can be found easily even if they disappear from the first page.And probably not just links to translations but other important threads as well. And this thread should be a closed one and updated by mods only.

Back