*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

Re: *UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (performances mentioned)

I´m not hating. I just want to know which songs he was singing live thats all.

I ´ve never heard him sing Smooth Criminal live(even on Bad Tour but on one show he was singing live btw.) It was always a dream for me to see him sing Smooth Criminal live.

omg COOL IT!! Live, Live, live!

He had reasons he didn't sing Live for every single song! DROP IT! do me a favor next time you listen to the bad album Sing & Dance to it and see how fast you lose your breath. See how many words you skip over! This thread IS NOT about Lip Syncing if you want to discuss that to death and beyond then go to that thread. I'm sick of everything going back to that!

omg COOL IT!! Live, Live, live!

He had reasons he didn't sing Live for every single song! DROP IT! do me a favor next time you listen to the bad album Sing & Dance to it and see how fast you lose your breath. See how many words you skip over! This thread IS NOT about Lip Syncing if you want to discuss that to death and beyond then go to that thread. I'm sick of everything going back to that!

I for one am also very interested in knowing whether he sang those songs live or not. To me, it makes all the difference in the world. So if the insider on this forum has knowledge about that, of course I'm interested in knowing, just like many other people must be.

we dont care. This was Michaels last performance. LAST lets all remember that! show the man some respect. I dont care if he sang or liped the song. he was doing this all for us!

I for one am also very interested in knowing whether he sang those songs live or not. To me, it makes all the difference in the world. So if the insider on this forum has knowledge about that, of course I'm interested in knowing, just like many other people must be.

Me too. :)

we dont care. This was Michaels last performance. LAST lets all remember that! show the man some respect. I dont care if he sang or liped the song. he was doing this all for us!

If you don´t care good for you.

You write "we don´t care" Who is "we"???

For me it is very very very important!! And I care very much. And it makes a really big difference if he was singing live or not!! Very big difference!!

Of course we all are showing him respect. I don't judge him doing lip-synching, I am just more interested in seeing him singing live. :) I'm sure you would choose to see him perform live, too, if you had to choose between a lip-synched and live performance?

@MKgenie

Please please tell us how many songs out of the 17 he was singing live!

Of course we all are showing him respect. I don't judge him doing lip-synching, I am just more interested in seeing him singing live. :) I'm sure you would choose to see him perform live, too, if you had to choose between a lip-synched and live performance?

YOu don´t need to apologize. It is not a big deal if you want to see your favourite performer singing live.It is quite normal that you want to hear him sing live.The opposite would be strange!

Prince Marvin Gaye Beyonce fans etc they don´t need to ask the question in the first place because Prince etc. is always performing live. Every big Artist today is performing live.Only a few teeny stars are miming but they are not big stars like Elton John, Prince, Rolling Stones etc etc.

So I ask the question because it would be so awesome to hear him sing songs live he was always miming in concert like Jam, Earth Song, Man in the Mirror, Heal the World etc etc.

To be honest, this all seems a bit testy.

Look, everyone here is an MJ fan. My favorite song is Smooth Criminal and I definitely wouldn't want MJ to sing it live and sacrifice the incredible dancing! But I would like to know what MJ did and didn't sing live, not for scrutiny or criticism, but just to know as a trivial fact about This Is It and Michael's last performances. And if he did lip-sync everything (which he didn't ;)), I genuinely wouldn't care; like I've said before, I'd pay the ticket price for 2 hours of the flip-flap move. :D

I would love to hear him sing Man in the Mirror live. He was always miming the song and only singing the last seconds live.

I would be a dream come true to hear him sing the whole song live.

PS. The dancing has nothing to do with live singing. James Brown, Jackie Wilson, Prince Beyonce etc.They always perform live in concert and dance like crazy!

And there would be no discussion in the first place if MKgenie would just answer the question!

Why is it a secret MKgenie how much MJ was singing live?? It is quite normal that is singer is singing live why do you make a secret out of it??

Last edited:

For me it is very very very important!! And I care very much. And it makes a really big difference if he was singing live or not!! Very big difference!!

Can you please explain why it's so very important to you ?
And why it makes a very big difference ?

Just curious...:)

Oh my God...when Speechless comes on I am going to sob.

Has he ever performed it live before? I don't remember ever seeing it and I'm pretty sure I've seen every live performance he's done (that was recorded of course lol)

Can you please explain why it's so very important to you ?
And why it makes a very big difference ?

Just curious...:)

A simple answer. I could watch a BAD Live DVD over and over again. And I would love to have every BAD Victory Triumph Concert on DVD.

THe History Concert on the other hand I´ve watched one time! Boring stuff! The same voice as on the album. If I had 10 different History Concerts -in the end I would have only one! Always the same vocals -so boring!

SO I hope that I could watch the This is it DVD many times with real raw live vocals-and not a mini playback show.

I´m a fan of great singers like Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Elvis, James Brown, Prince etc and they of course always sing live in concert. I could watch the new Stevie Wonder DVD a hundred times-but the History Concert...one time is enough for me!
So I really hope the This is it DVD brings me joy!

it doesnt matter if he mimed 1 song or 18 songs, ur gonna watch it either way

amen - this is the last thing of michael you are going to see and your bitching about it , c'mon guys lets just get excited that we going to see them again, live or other-wise

peace be on this forum lol

Exactly.. Michael is a Showman. A Visionary. A Singer. A Dancer. A Musician. etc..
Enjoy his Art. Enjoy the picture that he has painted for everyone.

Peace & Love.

A simple answer. I could watch a BAD Live DVD over and over again. And I would love to have every BAD Victory Triumph Concert on DVD.

THe History Concert on the other hand I´ve watched one time! Boring stuff! The same voice as on the album. If I had 10 different History Concerts -in the end I would have only one! Always the same vocals -so boring!

SO I hope that I could watch the This is it DVD many times with real raw live vocals-and not a mini playback show.

I´m a fan of great singers like Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Elvis, James Brown, Prince etc and they of course always sing live in concert. I could watch the new Stevie Wonder DVD a hundred times-but the History Concert...one time is enough for me!
So I really hope the This is it DVD brings me joy!

I respect your opinion. Personally Im as big a fan of the dancing as the singing. So watching him dance over and over again without singing live isnt a problem to me. The live singing is just a massive bonus to me.

it doesnt matter if he mimed 1 song or 18 songs, ur gonna watch it either way

That's absolutely true : I already have my ticket. But if it's mostly lip-synch, I'll watch it once. If it's live singing, I'll watch it 5 times! And bring friends.

Re: True Setlist of This Is It the Movie

From what I remember, in the movie, the songs appeared in order like this:

1、Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (full performance)
2、Speechless (very very short, if it counts)
3、Jam (full performance)
4、They Don't Really Care About Us (almost full performance) / Drill (short) (green screen) / Bad (short) (green screen)
5、Human Nature (full performance)
6、Smooth Criminal (Dome Project / full performance)
7、The Way You Make Me Feel (Dome Project / full performance)
8、Jackson 5 Medley: I Want You Back, The Love You Save, I'll Be There (almost full performance)
9、Dance and Shout (Very short, mostly dancers danced, MJ joined in the last part)
10、I Just Can't Stop Loving You (full performance, the last part will blow you away)
11、Thriller (full performance/Dome Project) / Threatened (very short)
12、Beat It (full performance)
13、Black or White (full performance)
14、Earth Song (Dome Project / full performance)
15、Billie Jean (full performance)
16、Man in the Mirror (full performance)
17、This Is It (with the credit rolling, followed by Heal The World Dome project, very short clip)

I hope you are being honest with us, mkgenie....because I really like that list. I have to admit, when I read that I got more excited about seeing this than I ever had been since it was announced.

I'm glad I got my tickets. :)

Here's some loose ideals about the title,that I came up with. I know there is an org. with same name that supports different things as well as it makes complete sense that Michael would do a 'Dome Project' since he was going to do shows at the O2 arena.
I had mentioned in a few posts around here,that you can tell by the trailer that he was working on this.

Info. I found. below..(setlist is outdated but gives insight)

A 3-D mini film titlled "The Dome Project" was suppose to be unveiled during Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour.

source: http://www.michaeljackson.com/br/node/196139

That sounds amazing. I wonder if those dome project parts will be in 3d for us in the theaters then? That would be so cool.

I'm sure dirty diana will be an extra on the dvd if it was rehearsed.

That sounds amazing. I wonder if those dome project parts will be in 3d for us in the theaters then? That would be so cool.

It's been confirmed that no parts are going to be shown in 3d.

Oh well. Still gonna be a great show I think. Thanks, aprilshack.

Oh well. Still gonna be a great show I think. Thanks, aprilshack.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if there was a re-release in the future with the 3d bits in. You know Aeg, any way to make a buck or two.

It's been confirmed that no parts are going to be shown in 3d.

Why?????????? I thought
3 D is "the Thing" right now. Look at Disney-They make more money with the 3D versions of their films than with the"normal" version.

Mkgenie, thanks for all the information! Much appreciated. :)

I am kind of sad that Speechless is not a full performance. It sounds like he probably sang the verse in acapella. Well, it's better than nothing.

What is 'Dance and Shout'? A Jacksons' song?

Last edited:

Why?????????? I thought
3 D is "the Thing" right now. Look at Disney-They make more money with the 3D versions of their films than with the"normal" version.

It will take time doing it, so it can be seen at the cinema in 3d. And a fair bit of wonga. As i said, i wouldn't be shocked if there was a re-release, plus there are 3d televisions coming out in the not too distant future.

Back