[VOTE] MJ Hologram- Yes or No?

IMPROVED MJ Hologram- Yes or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost 50% of the voters on a Michael Jackson fansite saying 'yes' to a hologram of a motion-captured impersonator performing at award shows and doing entire concerts. Man... to each their own, but that makes me sad.

I'm not interested in. There is only one MJ.

Someone has the "hologram" from the STTR performance as their sig (can't remember who) but christ, every time I see him do the spin and point down to his toes when he goes on his top-toes..... major cringe. Total embarrassment.

EDIT: It's Dans sig. I cringe every time I see it.

Last edited:
If they did tastefully, actually using Michaels footage and real moves then yes.
The whole STTR hologram, was a let down. facially it looked nothing like how MJ used to look and the moves were limp too.

Just re-watched the STTR performance.

Lasted 1 minute and 39 seconds before I had to close it.

The dancing is hilarious.

If they can improve on it and like it was mention use MJ footage or pepper ghost and no impersonator then i would say yes. For those who has never seen Michael in person can feel that little magic as if he is up there on the stage for real i know it will never replace MJ because he was unique a genius he was one of a kind.:smoothcriminal:

A hologram? A digital image with no life. No thoughts. No emotions. No thanks. I'd rather watch concert footage of the ACTUAL Michael Jackson. They need to do away with the whole hologram thing.

Unless they can figure how to insert his original pretty face i can't watch i dont do impostors.

They filmed from the back of the stage, at both sides of the stage and the whole front of the stage.. if they could create just one performance of the actual Michael Jackson and had it at something like 30th anniversary of the Michael Jackson vanguard award then i would LOVE to see it.

No way. It was terrible and creepy. There is only one Michael Jackson. If it's not real don't even think about it. I was actually embarrassed when that was on. Better question how the hell can they give us a hologram and not a real HQ concert release?

Nailed it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it creepy as well. I would much rather they focus on giving us actual MJ video than putter away at a computer. I do think Mike would have found the technology of hologram stuff cool, but for a guy who was meticulous about his craft, it kills me what people have been doing with his work since his death. Staaaap already :no:

Yet, for Michael's pepper's ghost.. it was all computer generated, no impersonator was used in the process. Choreographers who worked with Michael in the past had to track the movement, and style the performance to what they think would work.

Yeaaa, that's not true. It wasn't all computer generated, other than the bad CG face, it was all Earnest..The image itself was Earnest, not a full computer generated image. And no moves were tracked or whatever you said, it was just Earnest doing his normal routine with a few new steps added in.

okay, I admit. I voted YES cause I thought "improved" meant they would use the REAL Michael in the hologram. :blink:

I don't really get it why it couldn't be possible. Don't they have enough footage or what?

If they need to use an 'impersonator" for gee sake. Use a better one, okay and exactly 'dressed' like Michael :blink: cause that siggy of Dan make me cringe in too.:doh:

At least, put him into MJ's 'trademark' clothes if you want us to 'believe' its a hologram of Michael :unsure:

Back