Wasssup NBA Fans! Where ya'll at?

Buck Bee3ee

Proud Member
usually, mistermaxxx sets the tempo with the NBA playoffs thread... i think we've missed a great postseason without a thread but better late than never

STAND UP, LAKE SHOW!

The lakers were down by 20 friggin' points before Mr. MVP aka Mr. 81 aka He's Better Than You showed up and saved us from a game one loss

Western Conf. Finals Game 1
LAKERS 89, spurs 85

SHOWTIME SHOCKER, BABY!
43a3f6a2a7f18be7acbffb9429697845-getty-80391821mc064_san_antonio_s.jpg

Last edited:
Kobe's good, but there's none like King James. Cleveland came up short though.

Kobe's good...You gotta be kidding, right?

Kobe's game is much more entertaining than LeBron's.

After you've seen LeBron's wild malicious dunks once or twice it gets numbing because then what else does he have to offer.

Kobe has the total package. I'm sorry to wise you up to this fact, but it had to be said.

Of course, with this being my viewpoint you're not obligated to see where I'm coming from and vice versa.

I'm with you, Buck Bee3ee...

PLAYER, PLAY YO GAME! Turn It Up and Turn 'Em Out, KOBE!

LAKERS WILL ROLL TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Hey hey, no one's denying what Kobe's capable of. Kobe just has a great amount of selfishness in his game. EGO is all I have to say... just make sure you pay attention to past games. I don't think he can even comprehend the thought of even passing a ball.
You will never see LeBron having a 'showdown' with another player. He's always making plays that include his teammates. Now, I've played and followed basketball for many years in my life and things like that in Kobe aggravate me, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe has a killer instinct. And don't give me this championship rings BS because I could give you a list of people "better" than Michael Jordan according to that.
No one at LeBron's age has had that kind of performance. Whether you want to admit it or not, LeBron understands the game better than Kobe. I don't want to hear all about Kobe's accomplishments either... LeBron's only 23 years old. Simply put, LeBron is the caring leader of his team and Kobe is an individual player.

Hey hey, no one's denying what Kobe's capable of. Kobe just has a great amount of selfishness in his game. EGO is all I have to say... just make sure you pay attention to past games. I don't think he can even comprehend the thought of even passing a ball.
You will never see LeBron having a 'showdown' with another player. He's always making plays that include his teammates. Now, I've played and followed basketball for many years in my life and things like that in Kobe aggravate me, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe has a killer instinct. And don't give me this championship rings BS because I could give you a list of people "better" than Michael Jordan according to that.
No one at LeBron's age has had that kind of performance. Whether you want to admit it or not, LeBron understands the game better than Kobe. I don't want to hear all about Kobe's accomplishments either... LeBron's only 23 years old. Simply put, LeBron is the caring leader of his team and Kobe is an individual player.

It's obvious you've only watched Cleveland Cavaliers' games because everything you just said is totally debatable and subject to being misinformed.

IF you had been watching any of the Lakers' games this year, you wouldn't state such ridiculous nonsense. Kobe has evolved into a very great TEAM player. For your information he handed out 9 dimes on Wednesday night. That means he passed the ball many times and 9 of those times the other player scored.

When you base a discussion on past years it has no validity, in my opinion. It's clear that like so many other haters, that you don't really like KOBE.

...and why did you bring Jordan's name into it. I think you just want to start stuff.

It is not totally true that LeBron is this complete team player either. I've seen games where he scored 40 or more points and the Cavs lost the game. Can we say individual player, about that? Ahhh, yes, I think so.

Kobe has a talented team around him who can flat out score the ball and they and he knows what each of their jobs are on the court. I think before you quote what you once knew of Kobe, you should have watched a few of his games this year.

Oh, and your saying that you've known basketball for years means nothing...and I didn't say ANYTHING about RINGS. What is your argument? Why are you instigating?

I have also known basketball for years and I've watched both players do their thing on the court.

As I stated before, you are not inclined to agree with my opinion and knowledge of Kobe's game and I will definitely not be inclined to agree with your opinion of same.

First and foremost...LeBron isn't even playing...so why did you feel the need to put Kobe down? Oh, don't answer that. I already know the answer...because you can.

The Conference Finals are ongoing and to alert you to the facts...the teams playing are Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons and Los Angeles Lakers vs. San Antonio Spurs...try to stay on the right page.

Pick a player that's IN IT TO WIN IT.

LeBron is not IN IT, I don't care what you have to say about him.

Goodbye.

Last edited:
Lakers by 30 last night...Super Duper Game!!!!...YAAAAAY!!!

Keep it going Lakers...2008 NBA Champions will be your title!

GO KOBE, LAMAR, PAU, DERRICK, RAD, CIC, RONY, and FARMAR, AND ALL!

DON'T STOP STILL YOU GET ENOUGH!

It's obvious you've only watched Cleveland Cavaliers' games because everything you just said is totally debatable and subject to being misinformed.

IF you had been watching any of the Lakers' games this year, you wouldn't state such ridiculous nonsense. Kobe has evolved into a very great TEAM player. For your information he handed out 9 dimes on Wednesday night. That means he passed the ball many times and 9 of those times the other player scored.

When you base a discussion on past years it has no validity, in my opinion. It's clear that like so many other haters, that you don't really like KOBE.

...and why did you bring Jordan's name into it. I think you just want to start stuff.

It is not totally true that LeBron is this complete team player either. I've seen games where he scored 40 or more points and the Cavs lost the game. Can we say individual player, about that? Ahhh, yes, I think so.

Kobe has a talented team around him who can flat out score the ball and they and he knows what each of their jobs are on the court. I think before you quote what you once knew of Kobe, you should have watched a few of his games this year.

Oh, and your saying that you've known basketball for years means nothing...and I didn't say ANYTHING about RINGS. What is your argument? Why are you instigating?

I have also known basketball for years and I've watched both players do their thing on the court.

As I stated before, you are not inclined to agree with my opinion and knowledge of Kobe's game and I will definitely not be inclined to agree with your opinion of same.

First and foremost...LeBron isn't even playing...so why did you feel the need to put Kobe down? Oh, don't answer that. I already know the answer...because you can.

The Conference Finals are ongoing and to alert you to the facts...the teams playing are Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons and Los Angeles Lakers vs. San Antonio Spurs...try to stay on the right page.

Pick a player that's IN IT TO WIN IT.

LeBron is not IN IT, I don't care what you have to say about him.

Goodbye.
Oh goodness, you got me on that one! Darn. And yes, that was my goal... "to start stuff"

ladyplatinum said:
Kobe's good...You gotta be kidding, right?

Kobe's game is much more entertaining than LeBron's.
Obviously you cared what I had to say about him...
... And to add to it, how did you know I only watch Cavaliers' games?! You should be a psychic!
You're right, I'm a "hater." That's why I kept stressing the fact Kobe has tremendous talent.

Have a nice day.

kobe's been the opposite of selfish this yr. granted, the season looked bleak an dhe wanted a trade but i'd be frustrated too if i had to do it al by myself.

thank god we got gasol! walton's playing well, farmar's just too damn cute, the jazz allowed fisher out of his contract to go to la for his daughter's health and we got him again, even sasha's making me smile . bynum may be out but odom's playing is overshadowing bynum's absence.

all in all, we've grown as a team and finally, it looks like things may be going our way.

no offense to lebron but honestly, what are we supposed to be witnessing here? the celtics bought their talent for a reason. they want a ring and as far as im concerned garnett, pp,and ray deserve rings but we'll see.

as far as im concerned, rasheed and the pistons can go sit in a corner somewhere

the name of the game is defense.

i saw on abc tv bill russell talk to kevin garnett..

it's going to be a haunting ending to this season.

it depends on motivation.

kg vs. kb

and detroit the darkhorse..

but don't count out san antonio.

people are doubting their dynasty

kobe needs to prove something to shaq

pau and odom have really changed the lake game..

and general fisher is on a mission.

but in the end, after all the games i saw or heard on radio, it's going to come down to who has the best defense..so it's really a tossup.

the spurs don't have a dynasty. ginobli is easliy frustrated, horry is a thing of the past, duncan is too worried about staying calm, and parker is dry. even finley looks a mess...must be all the weight he lost.

i just wanna make a bet on how many techs. rashad will get in the series.

the spurs don't have a dynasty. ginobli is easliy frustrated, horry is a thing of the past, duncan is too worried about staying calm, and parker is dry. even finley looks a mess...must be all the weight he lost.

i just wanna make a bet on how many techs. rashad will get in the series.

well i am sure the spurs are tired of people saying they don't have a dynasty, which is why they have something to prove.

people are divided on the meaning of 'dynasty'. the yankees are considered a storied franchise, although they didn't always have back to back baseball championships...

so...back to back vs. many in a short span of years is debatable in most peoples' opinion. i do think they have a dynasty.

so b/cthe spurs won a few times we should consider them a dynasty? i rooted for them only once so that robinson could get a ring. a dynasty brings to mind the lakers, the celtics, the yanks (barfs), and the old skewl cowboys....

so b/cthe spurs won a few times we should consider them a dynasty? i rooted for them only once so that robinson could get a ring. a dynasty brings to mind the lakers, the celtics, the yanks (barfs), and the old skewl cowboys....

because the spurs won a few times? lol..well..i think that's a good reason. lol

i think the bulls were a dynasty, and they won only six times.

David Stern the commish is the happiest man in the world right now YES YES THE GREATEST RATINGS GAME YOU CAN HAVE-- THE LAKERS VERSUS THE CELTICS!!!!! GO KOBE! GO KG! LET THE BEST TEAM WIN YES YES IM SO EXCITED I CAN'T HIDE IT!!!!!!

Last edited:
sorry for missing my NBA playoff thread duty this year. but the Lakers and Celtics takes me back and back in the day we would root for one or the other. I want Kevin Garnett to win because from the stats and individual things he has matched Shaq and Duncan but he is missing the ring.

Kobe is incredible and is playing team ball and the lakers have the best offense and the celtics have the best defense. should be good but please don't compare it to Wilt and Russell or Magic and Bird. different times and era. but should be interesting just the same.

David Stern the commish is the happiest man in the world right now YES YES THE GREATEST RATINGS GAME YOU CAN HAVE-- THE LAKERS VERSUS THE CELTICS!!!!! GO KOBE! GO KG! LET THE BEST TEAM WIN YES YES IM SO EXCITED I CAN'T HIDE IT!!!!!!
you know David Stern is doing the souljah boy dance in his office right about now.

man it looks tight. i think the Lakers ran into a buzzsaw...and the homerisms ignite. yeah...Paul is faking it? i don't think so....

I'm sorry but game 2 today was ridiculous in terms of the officiating......Refs favored Boston. Not cool.

Lakers in 7! :D

I still love you, Los Angeles LAKERS!

I loved all the excitement of the past year!

No matter what happened in this year's Finals,
you are my team and has been forever since I can remember.

Don't hang your heads too much,
take this episode of your lives and build on it.
Gain experience and come back stronger next year.
You still have positivity on your side.

Just listen to those who are smart enough
to say nice things about you
(i.e., Basketball Analysts: M. Anthony and J. Rose, etc.)
forget all the haters and
dead beat fair weather fans.

You had a GREAT season for 2008
and nothing can change that, not even losing
the Finals to a gang of Boston Celtics who were
hungry and desperate to get off the
snide of being losers since 1986.

KOBE:
You are still the boss and don't you forget it.
Never stop being that mentally tough player
who loves to win and defies those
who love to see you lose.

I dedicate this song for the aftermath
of all the B.S. that will be said about you
over the summer months...
"SCREAM" - Michael Jackson / Janet Jackson

The LAKERS are STILL A WINNING FRANCHISE
and that won't end with last night's story
in Boston.

The story was already written
and we all just watched for the final buzzer