Wasssup NBA Fans! Where ya'll at?

I've enjoy last night's game,It was a Thriller. I guess the Coach,Doc Rivers, had a great plan to win and it was fun seeing the stars there.Jimmy Jam,Bill Russell, Steven Tyler. What a Game ? It was like watching Tiger Woods go into sudden death with Rocco Mediate toe to toe until Tiger pulled away and won The US Open. WOW.

Yep...aint gonna open my mouth.. ..not goin here....just want to be safe, and have people still like me! LOL!

sad finish... but we made a magical season outta chaos i can't be too upset

this was a season to remember... i'm proud of my guys

the celtics put a whipping on Kobe and Phil. that was a shame. the series wasn't even close. props to the celtics Doc Rivers, Garnett, Allen and Pierce. they did the thing. the bench was no joke.

I'm happy that KG got his ring, being from Minnesota it still kind of sucked that he couldn't get his ring here, but oh well, I was rooting for the celtics throughout the playoffs.

i am impartial. and kg displayed patience for many years and many thought he wasn't any good, after awhile. now, some of the same sports broadcasters who thought less of kg, now think he is part of the best team.

i am impartial. and kg displayed patience for many years and many thought he wasn't any good, after awhile. now, some of the same sports broadcasters who thought less of kg, now think he is part of the best team.

yup, when you win a championship all of the sudden you're the greatest and anything that was said in the past isn't true anymore

does anyone think Lakers would of won the championship if Bynum was healthy? Or does he still need more time to develop into a dominant center?

does anyone think Lakers would of won the championship if Bynum was healthy? Or does he still need more time to develop into a dominant center?

I'd give him another year, now he's returning from an injury. I think next year he'll probably be similar to this year. I still don't think they would have won if he was playing.

NBA suspends season until further notice after player tests positive for the coronavirus

March 11, 2020 ESPN News Services
The NBA has suspended its season "until further notice" after a Utah Jazz player tested positive Wednesday for the coronavirus.

"The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight's schedule of games until further notice,'' the league said in a statement issued shortly after 9:30 p.m. ET. "The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.''

The player is the Jazz's Rudy Gobert, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. That led to Utah's game at Oklahoma City being postponed just before tipoff.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said during ESPN's broadcast of Dallas' 113-97 win over the Denver Nuggets that he was shocked by the news the season was being suspended.

"'This is crazy. This can't be true,'" he said of his initial reaction. "I mean, it's not within the realm of possibility. It seemed more like out of a movie than reality."

Cuban, though, added that he's not an expert and defers to the Adam Silver, the NBA's commissioner, on these matters.

"I trust Adam [Silver]. You know what? It's really not about basketball or money," Cuban said. "Literally if this thing is exploding to the point where all of the sudden players and others have had it, you think about your family. You want to make sure you're doing this the right way. Now it's much more personal and you've seen what's happened in other countries, but just the whole idea that it's come this close and potentially a couple players have it, just, 'stunning' isn't the right word. Just crazy."

A source told ESPN's Royce Young that Gobert was never at Chesapeake Energy Arena on Wednesday, but he was in Oklahoma City and was set to play if he'd tested negative for coronavirus.

Players were on the floor for warm-ups when they were told to return to their locker rooms. About 30 minutes later, fans were told the game was postponed "due to unforeseen circumstances."

Jazz and Thunder players are currently quarantined at the arena, league sources tell ESPN.

Players from teams the Jazz have played within last 10 days are being told to self quarantine, sources tell ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Those teams are the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons and the Toronto Raptors.

"I'm sure I probably had contact with [Gobert]. But at the same time, like I said, [I'm] just taking precautions," Detroit's Langston Galloway said. "We've been washing our hands; and when the reports started coming out, everybody's kinda been on their hand sanitizer, washing their hands -- just staying focused on that moment of, hey, [we have] interaction with a lot of different people and knowing that at the end of the day, you might've touched the ball, you might've interacted with a fan, and just being precautious with that going forward."

Charlotte Hornets coach James Borrego, speaking before his team played at Miami on Wednesday -- where news of the shutdown broke during the fourth quarter -- said "these are scary times.''

bkn-season-suspended-coronovirus-20200311.jpg

[SIZE=+2]Raptors say players, staff test negative for COVID-19 after contact with Jazz[/SIZE]

Toronto Raptors players and staff who underwent testing for COVID-19 earlier this week are "all currently negative" for the virus, with one result pending, the team said Friday.

The Raptors underwent testing for the novel coronavirus after learning that a player on the Utah Jazz, a team they recently faced, had the virus.

"All of the members of the travel party who were tested on Wednesday in Toronto have received their results, and they are all currently negative. Results for one additional person are pending," the Raptors said in a release.

"These results will not affect our protocols, however. Those asked to self-isolate by Toronto Public Health will continue to do so. We will all practice social distancing and good hand hygiene, and — most importantly — carefully monitor our health."

The NBA suspended play Wednesday night after Utah centre Rudy Gobert tested positive for the virus. A second Jazz player, Donovan Mitchell, said Thursday that he has also tested positive.

Toronto played the Jazz in Salt Lake City on Monday, the team's last game before the season was halted. Gobert and Mitchell both played in that game.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday night that the league's hiatus because of the coronavirus pandemic will likely last at least a month, or roughly what would have been the remainder of an uninterrupted regular season.

The 30-day minimum hiatus would mean no games until at least April 10.

Source: CBC Sports

Back