We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video now in first post.

Re: We Are The World to be re-recorded for Haiti.

Okay, there were plans to do this for the 25th anniversay, but the plan changed to focus on the Haitian crisis, understood.

So I say again, what would've been so hard for these 'artists' to write and record a new song especially for this crisis? This just shows you the state of the industry these days. Nobody saw the footage and was able to sit down and put pen to paper and come up with something worthwhile? I'm just sayin'.....

We Are The World 2010″ to Raise Money for Haiti and Somehow Feature MJ

"....The whole idea is still in the planning stages, but because Michael Jackson co-wrote the song with Richie, it’s assumed he will somehow be involved, adding even more star-power to the new single. Jackson recorded “We Are the World” for This Is It and will be given a 3D tribute show at this year’s Grammy, both of which point to his inclusion......"

http://www.thetripwire.com/news/201...raise-money-for-haiti-and-somehow-feature-mj/

you see? within the media's comments in this article, lies the truth. they say there will 'hopefully be as much compassion, this time', and in the same breath, they say, 'in case you missed hearing the original version, AD NAUSEUM'

they are phony in asking for our compassion, and resent that Michael's involvement ,in the original, garnered the desired charitable result. even to this day. it smacks of the worst possible emotion at the worst possible time. the emotion of envy. it seems when one gets good at hate for a long time, one gets sloppy in cleaning up their tracks.

Last edited:

has the estate agreed to it? To my knowledge its under Mijac isn't it?

WATW anniversay date is January 28th 2010---25 years.

Natalie Cole is a great talent. Glad to see that she's doing better.

But the other tip, IF MJ were here, there'd be no doubt.....new song.
It would be better to leave WATW as is, and concentrate on someting new.

I just hope they have all their ducks in a row.

I think this is a great idea in fact..
well, in term they'll add michael's original vocals, and this gonna raise money for Haiti-
then why not?
Go For It!!
immortalize michael (?) is that how u say it? naaa whatever.

This is awesome. I hope they raise a lot of money for Haiti. The needs are so great. A team from my church is headed there Monday with supplies and medical supplies. I'll be going in April on the follow-up team.

I hope the star power on this recording causes many to not only buy the record but give in other ways as well.

Yes... "Hmmmm..." :ermm:
I love the idea of rising money for Haiti. They really need it.
I am not that comfortable with the idea of WATW being "re-made", but... ok, I will avoid my negativity and wait to see the results. If MJ is there.... wwowwwww, I really want to hear it :)

My 1000 post..... man.... I am getting old :ermm:[/QUOTE]

WATW anniversay date is January 28th 2010---25 years.

Natalie Cole is a great talent. Glad to see that she's doing better.

But the other tip, IF MJ were here, there'd be no doubt.....new song.
It would be better to leave WATW as is, and concentrate on someting new.

I just hope they have all their ducks in a row.

:cheers:

Okay, there were plans to do this for the 25th anniversay, but the plan changed to focus on the Haitian crisis, understood.

So I say again, what would've been so hard for these 'artists' to write and record a new song especially for this crisis? This just shows you the state of the industry these days. Nobody saw the footage and was able to sit down and put pen to paper and come up with something worthwhile? I'm just sayin'.....

This

I think the gesture is great.....but I don't see why they have to rerecord a classic not just in it's music, but what it stood for.

I'm sorry I just wish they wouldnt re record it, its not only about the absence of MJ, Ray Charles and others....but when this song was recorded it was 100000000000% from the heart and I don't feel like it will be the same.

Those people used their talent for a good cause.

I think it's a good idea but I have a feeling Michael's vocals won't be in it. I just saw Inside Edition and everyone was mentioned except Michael.

it's a nice gesture for a good cause. i truely hope it is from the heart and performed with as much. i pray they add michael's vocals..if not it wouldn't be right.

I think it's a good idea but I have a feeling Michael's vocals won't be in it. I just saw Inside Edition and everyone was mentioned except Michael.
They'd be down right STUPID (not to mention disrespectful) to not include MJ...

Firstly, I think WATW recorded 25 years ago is a great masterpiece and shouldn't be touched.
Secondly, if they have to redo it, ok, the new version MUST include MJ's vocal.
End of story.

MJ will be included in the song. They will probably just use his original vocals.

i was just about to wright that Michael's vocals should be KEPT, now you are telling me they are going to be, so super fine with it, Michael would love to know he is once again helping...

As long as MJs in, I'm fine with it.
"From the Bottom of My Heart" - the unreleased charity recording for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
I never ever heard "From The Bottom Of My Heart"

Im sure it has the vibe of HEAL THE WORLD... wow:( its so bittersweet, but its a good super good cause , i would love to hear it, but NOT if it is leaked

No way, if Michael Jackson's vocals are not icluded i rather help in other ways, The End, bye

If Michael's vocals are not included (which by the way are very few), shame on Quincy Jones, i will help in other monetary ways, not fair! Michael was the force behind this, this is robbery, should not be done if Michael is not there

I will help in other monetary ways. Enough

MJ wrote it almost entirely, its a shame that Lionel is named as a co-writer.
Thats what im saying,
and im not being bad or anything but justice is justice,
Michael was mistreated almost his entire life, DONT DO THIS AGAIN TO HIM, RESPECT HIM AT LEAST NOW,

Lionel should come out HIMSELF and say it, he shoud say he wrote almost NOTHING, cause thats the true.

I hope they keep Michael in the song. If he was here he would be a part of this.
WE AND THEY ALL KNOW IT.

Yes... "Hmmmm..." :ermm:
I love the idea of rising money for Haiti. They really need it.
I am not that comfortable with the idea of WATW being "re-made", but... ok, I will avoid my negativity and wait to see the results. If MJ is there.... wwowwwww, I really want to hear it :)

My 1000 post..... man.... I am getting old :ermm:

Break out the geritol!:tease::hysterical:

It seems Quincy Jones and Lionel are becoming George Lucas and Steven Speilberg -_-

The Original was PERFECT leave it alone. Just air the old one with the GOOD artists. So just leave it be I mean Michael Jackson,Stevie Wonder,Smokey Robinson thats like the holy trinity of musicians and not to mention all of the other amazing artists

I could just picture a re make of We are the world with Miley Cyrus and the rest of the Disney gang and Justin Timberlake and Lady GaGa doing something outrageous. Oh god the horror

Im all for helping the people of Haiti but just re air the old version

Thats a nice idea to help out but it just wont be the same without Michael though :(

A COMPLETE BRAND NEW UNRELEASED MICHAEL JACKSON SINGLE would do WONDERS FOR CHARITY :yes: Michael would DO IT FOR SURE :yes:, DONT FORGET HE LET 20% of his estate to charity :yes: sooooo.....that would work :clapping:

Sad... I thought Michael's vocals would be on this project... but i will help in other ways L.O.V.E :rollingpeace:

Why do ppl insist on trying to recreate this classic? SMH.

Great idea!

I hope they include Michael!!
I will buy a few copies right away!

its like band aid in the uk,they have re done it twice,and both have sucked compared to the original, they have to have mike in this if they dont its just criminal

MJ will be included in the song. They will probably just use his original vocals.

Even if they keep Michael's voice, it will be an insult to everyone else who gets their parts erased.

yeah, but its for charity, anyways ppl will always listen to the real one

Back