We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video now in first post.

Re: We Are The World 25 for Haiti / Official video on post #844

The new Michael Jackson, JUSTIN BIEBER, he is 16 btw ;)

I liked the original a lot better..I am glad they kept Michael's parts..:love:.....Makes me miss him more..:cry:.....as long as it raises lots of money for the victims in Haiti......one more thing though...that rapping stuff....:bugeyed:...not a big fan..

Just reviewed the video again, i think the fast time my player was moving too fast or dropping frames, the panning is good.

Editing in the first half is okay, it's the second part where the editing veers slightly off and the singing in some parts would hae been better.

But generally it's good, i saw parts of the storyline, and the relief efforts as well as more of teh entire singers second time around

The 'Rap' part added to 'WATW 25' doesn't belong here, its' tone is aggressive, militant, divisive and dark. It works against everything MJ was trying to accomplish in the original.

Marty In LA...who's already deleted the new 'WATW 25' off of his hard drive.

I respect the cause that this remake is done for, but why such a poor production? Everything and everyone seemed out of place, their voices do not blend, all the unnecessary rapping at the 2nd half and Wyclef Jean's disturbing sounds! I'm very dissapointed in this. I downloaded from itunes to support the victims in Haiti but I have this feeling I won't be listening to it much. I'll stick to the original.

Apart from Michael, the other good parts are those of Celine Dion, Pink, Usher and a few others. As a whole it is very, very bad.

The 'Rap' part added to 'WATW 25' doesn't belong here, its' tone is aggressive, militant, divisive and dark. It works against everything MJ was trying to accomplish in the original.

Marty In LA...who's already deleted the new 'WATW 25' off of his hard drive.

I agree with you wholeheartly Marty. The "Rap" part shouldn't have been on there at all.

There's no way in hell Michael would have released this piece of sh*t if he was still alive. This song does not live up to the Michael Jackson standards.

Though some of the singing is quite good, the editing lacked planning. It pans too fast, you can't see the choir very well and the images fail to convey a story.

Some of the voices don't flow too well together and crescendos build up at the wrong places as a result.

What was needed is to give the video a storyline, especially the Haiti footage.

They would have shown footage in immediate aftermath of quake
people's disperation and search for shelter
Camps forming up
Some relief efforts
And then that footage of people and kids singing along.
yeah that would have been more powerful.

Is it me or did anyone think the poem was gonna be part of it? What happened to the poem Maya Angelou wrote?

Over all...I have to say I Liked it. Nothing like the Original but I am sooo glad that Michael is still part of it.

and Jammie Foxx, he did a lil bit of the late Ray Charles there...that was cool.

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I'll have to disagree. As fas as I can understand the rap lyrics they are actually about love and support. (... are the lines that I could not totally understand)

we all need somebody that we can lean on
when you wake up look around see that your dreams gone
we are the world united by love so strong
when the radio isn't on you can hear the song
a guided light on the dark road you are walking on
a sign post to find the dreams you thought was gone
someone to help you move the obstacles you stumble on
someone to help you rebuild after the rumble's gone
we are the world connected by cosmic bond
love! the whole planet singing along

Last edited:
Not nearly as good as the original. But that's a hardly a surprise. The best part was MJ and that says it all.

Hooray for autotune, eh? :doh:

I actually liked the rap, to me it was like a powerful anthem. Some of the singers(just in the original WATW song) I didn't like. I actually heard Janet's voice with MJ, she knew how to blend her voice with his, it's very soft in the part MJ sings. I don't think the song needed the bass in the beat in the beginning, but I do like the beat in the rap song.

Overall, it's not bad like I thought it would be, but I actually like it(not as much as the original) especially the rap part.

ETA: IMO, "WATW" is not meant to be a soulful song with a lot of strong singing(i.e. gospel choir) it's more of like a chanting harmony song. Some of the extended and strong singing was a bad addition to the song(I love this type of singing but I don't think it's right for WATW)

Over all...I have to say I Liked it. Nothing like the Original but I am sooo glad that Michael is still part of it.

and Jammie Foxx, he did a lil bit of the late Ray Charles there...that was cool.

Yeah, I liked it too overall. And MJ was the best part of it for me of course.

I'm surprised that so many of you are not impressed with the song. Sure it could have been better with Michael behind the helm, but I thought overall it was really well done.

Wyclef sounded strange to us, but he is from Haiti and he got really passionate about the project and maybe carried away. I just think of it as a Haitian chant.
The rap was very well implemented and I enjoyed the updated sound. Remember this song is for a new generation and it incorporated everything modern.
I hate autotune, but I would rather have that style included than have to listen to Lil Wayne sing. They should have just kept him and T-Pain in the group of rappers. Besides he didn't even sound like he wanted to be there.

The main thing that really bothered me is the duet between Janet and Michael. They hyped it up, but it turned out so unimpressive. The voices blended too much and it was too quick…

Doesn't hold a candle to the orginal, or even Mike's demo. But I do have to say aside from Miley Cyrus, and Lil Wayne, I enjoyed it.

i just saw it im sorry but it sucks!!!.. lil wayne .. auto tune wtf was that ?
they should have made a new song instead of re-doing a classic that's untouchable ..

Last edited:
This new version is a huge mountain of manure. The stench of it will stay with me for days. It's so foul I'll be in the shower for the next hour. . . . Really, that was worse than I imagined, atrocious, it should be considered a crime against humanity.

That god-awful rap and Wyclef Jean made my ears bleed. The original song united generations as a classic pop song; this rendition w/ the rap, the voice-box, the beat -- all sound like a cheap gimmick.

Aside from one or two musicians, what a pathetic collection of insignificant little no-name shits. 1985 featured LEGENDS. 2010 version, Lil' Wayne subbed for Bob Dylan's part -- 'NUFF SAID.

To all of those who say that they are not gonna buy the song.
You all make me sick.

The funds are going to people who need it, yet you are so greedy, you in your comfortable homes, eating what you want, choosing to illegally download this and make no difference or change to the world. You're showing no love at all.

Stop being so absorbed in how it made or who was in it, if you wanna listen to it, buy it.
Help and make a change.

I can't believe some of you's.

It sucked!!! worst version ever! Michael and Janet where the only good things about it! They should have just did another song and left this one alone! it does not come close to the orginal.

That god-awful rap and Wyclef Jean made my ears bleed. The original song united generations as a classic pop song; this rendition w/ the rap, the voice-box, the beat -- all sound like a cheap gimmick.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH :hysterical:
i know i was like what is wyclef doing ?:bugeyed

Back