Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: BAD 25 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion [previews added]

I dont like "I`m so blue" and "Free" at all.

I cant help it.....Tschada dada dada daa .....or whatever he sings just sound strange/weird to me :/
Love to hear him at work and creating. Fascinating to me.

But each to their own.

I dont like "I`m so blue" and "Free" at all.

I cant help it.....Tschada dada dada daa .....or whatever he sings just sound strange/weird to me :/
If you understand what is is. I may not seem so weird to you.
Cha da da da is a refrain representing a "sigh" .. he is saying its all he can sing . Cha dadadada
(It's like a chant or mantra for him too focus on and keep his mind off the pain)

But can you please change your profile picture?

Seeing MJ with big letters saying "DEAD" in the newspapers isn't really nice.

I will change it later today or tomorrow....need to find a nice MJ picture first.

I thought some of these songs were not finished. They are just demos or in the early stages right? I like seeing his ideas for a song.

Maybe I'm so blue is Michael's version of 'Smile'. It reminds me of Smile.

Re: BAD 25: What about the Original Tracks?

Vinyl does not have anything to do with quality or master. The original 1987 master is also available on CD, the 2001 remaster is also available on Vinyl. The "Vinyl = better quality" is an urban legend. An audiophile master on CD always kills any Vinyl in terms of sonic perfection and sound quality. The 2001 remaster was a pure loudness master, this 2012 remaster here is more audiophile.

You coudlnt be farther from the truth, vinyl is miles better than any CD out there. Yes the mastering is most important, but as a format vinyl is better and the masterings that go on CD are worse than vinyl as well because they are made for a lower soundstage.

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

Then they have edited out A LOT.
Many fans will obviously make a cdr set out of the dvd.

Don't forget "Bad Groove" is completely left off the CD. That is something like 12mins itself.

If you understand what is is. I may not seem so weird to you.
Cha da da da is a refrain representing a "sigh" .. he is saying its all he can sing . Cha dadadada
(It's like a chant or mantra for him too focus on and keep his mind off the pain)

Thanks for explaining this,I didnt know....it makes more sense now :)

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

He was so happy and cheerful there, awesome. On stage..he really could be himself. You can see it during Dangerous and HIStory tour too. He's really in his element on stage, and compare that to how he is during interviews, not at ease, not really relaxed and if you ask me, not where he wants to be. Him performing for his fans along with his bandmembers/friends....thats where he enjoyed it incredibly much.

Re: BAD 25: What about the Original Tracks?

You coudlnt be farther from the truth, vinyl is miles better than any CD out there. Yes the mastering is most important, but as a format vinyl is better and the masterings that go on CD are worse than vinyl as well because they are made for a lower soundstage.
he must be pulling our leg! lol#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

Anybody know for sure if Beat It was really from July 16? He was using a black mic just for Beat It...

I really wish they would sell this by itself. It deserves its own release. And if they wanted they could include with it a two disk edition with the entire concert unedited. I absolutely LOVE this CD. MJ has never, ever sounded better vocally and the music is incredible.

Okay i have seen the whole show and while it is awesome and the vocals are amazing, some of the camera shots annoy the hell outta me. I hate to say im slightly dissapointed, the show is really good, the performance really good (although probably not the best ive seen) its some of the camera shots that bug me. Im sure its not a big thing for most people but yea.

The tune of the instrument in the beginning of Al Capone sounded so familiar to me. I found out what from:

[youtube]tOgvqlb5NgI[/youtube]

And I could have sworn there's another song from the eighties that sounds even more like it, it's a upbeat song. I'm breaking my head over this.

nice find

Okay i have seen the whole show and while it is awesome and the vocals are amazing, some of the camera shots annoy the hell outta me. I hate to say im slightly dissapointed, the show is really good, the performance really good (although probably not the best ive seen) its some of the camera shots that bug me. Im sure its not a big thing for most people but yea.

The show was most likely never to be seen on tv or home video.
I`m sure the camera and overall production would have been even better better if a tv
show was planned out of this.

Watched it yesterday. Was amazed by some stuff I haven't seen yet, like Michael swinging on a rope in Thriller.

I have some questions (time index included):
1.) 0.12.10-0.12.13: Wow, have you ever seen this "side stepmove" by Michael?
2.) 0.15.30-0.15.33: APOM: Michael is shouting out "Montai!" or something like that. What does that mean?
3.) 0.29.30-0.29.53 (ca.): I'll be there: Is this the same singer like in "This is it" (and probably Dangerous & History Tour, too)?

"Al Capone": Do you also like how tension is build up prior the refrain ("too bad...") - and Michael breaks it by shouting "out tonight!"? I love it! :wub:

I'm so amazed by AC anyway. It's a miracle to me how Michael did not want to show this song to the fans for all those years...

@steele

2) I hear "Batouw" :rofl:
3) yes, in Dangerous and TII. Not History.

in history its the guy who trying to do the BOW rap in TII.

"Al Capone": Do you also like how tension is build up prior the refrain ("too bad...") - and Michael breaks it by shouting "out tonight!"? I love it! :wub:

I'm so amazed by AC anyway. It's a miracle to me how Michael did not want to show this song to the fans for all those years...
Well the song became Smooth Criminal. There was no point in releasing it while he was alive.

Watched it yesterday. Was amazed by some stuff I haven't seen yet, like Michael swinging on a rope in Thriller.

I have some questions (time index included):
1.) 0.12.10-0.12.13: Wow, have you ever seen this "side stepmove" by Michael?
2.) 0.15.30-0.15.33: APOM: Michael is shouting out "Montai!" or something like that. What does that mean?
3.) 0.29.30-0.29.53 (ca.): I'll be there: Is this the same singer like in "This is it" (and probably Dangerous & History Tour, too)?

2. I hear something like "Whats Up" ;)

"Smooth Criminal" vocals are just INCREDIBLE!

Really? I wish he had gone more in SC. It was great but not the best performance from Wembley I thought.

2. It's "party" with "y" to "o", pretty cute when he shouts that, and I'm pretty sure.

^^actually it does :scratch:
he says that always when running to the left and right side and waves with his hand. why doesn't he ask the middle "whats up"?

I've heard all the new songs now and I don't understand why someone don't like I'm so blue. If finished it would be a world wide hit, absolutely. It's beautiful and strong. It could have replaced Just good friends (I'm not that into it) and lift the album even higher. It's a treasure. I've yet to decide about the other songs.

You have a point regarding "Smooth Criminal", but: Not making sense releasing it "while he was alive"? That really sounds hard...

I mean, I really would have been very proud of that song in his position. It's not like MJ never made references to old material (2Bad), so he could have easily released "Al Capone". It's not like that song hasn't its (very) own soul.

And I read from a fan's review despite all the talk the booklet says "Al Capone" is NOT a demo of "Smooth Criminal"!

Back