Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: BAD 25 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion [previews added]

I enjoy both Al Capone and Smooth Criminal, but there is no debate on which is more polished and should be on the album. Smooth Criminal suggests the same ideas of Al Capone without t being explicit about what happens or who did it. It creates more of a mystery and thus is more interesting.

I ripped the core six channels (bit-to-bit to the original master) and produced my own mix, in my opinion like the way it should be, the way MJ liked his mixes: thick, well spread and beautiful dynamics. Also the bass was lacking character in the original version. In my version you can HEAR it groovin, while you can FEEL it!!! and the vocals are more clearer.

For the record, no I didn't just play around with bass and treble.

David Powell did an outstanding job recording this jewel, but the mixing company totally screwed the surround and stereo mixes up. My opinion.

Last edited:
Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

OMG I finally saw it and I loved it. I can watch this again and again. I love it! He did an amazing job and I felt I was 12 years old and 1988. There are so many things I liked.

1. I loved the beginning when I didn't know how Michael would come out and the smoke cleared and there he was.
2. I loved how much he smiled and had a good time.
3. I loved when Rock with You he had a slight giggle.
4. I loved that tent thing on stage and how they used that with the show
5. I loved smooth criminal but I missed the lean lol.
6. Dirty Diana... hello I am surprised no girl didn't try to jump on stage on him lol
7. I love Billie Jean and how it always gives me goosebumps
8. I love Bad and how the kids came out. That one little girl came out and didn't dance and she just wanted to hug Michael aww.
9. Man in the Mirror I loved but it made me cry. He looked like an angel at one point.

There is more but I have to watch it again. I thought that Greg was funny and how he and Michael interacted was cute. Is he invloved with Cirque de soleil or am I thinking of someone else? If he is in Spike's documentary I look forward to hear from him.

I want to thank the estate for Bad 25. I love all of it. It's hard since Michael passed for me to really love something because a part of me feels sad. But this made me happy. I want to thank Michael. It was his tape and it to me was a gift to us from him. I love him always and will treasure this forever.

I just watched it last night and I have to say that I concur with every word that you said. The energy that Michael exuded was far more then the Yokohama show. You can tell that this show is further into the tour, because the show is more intense, energetic and Michael is so on top of his game. I also loved the interaction he had with many of the band members, especially with Greg. There was a tinge of Speed Demon there. :) I will watch it again and again. I am very grateful and also see this is a beautiful gift that Michael left us. Thank you Michael! :angel:

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

Mike's adlibs at the end of I'll Be There was out of this world. He took them to church with that one

I agree. It's almost like he explicitly had to shut down the energy that was flowing out of him in order to move onto the next song "Rock with You".

561566_4696780141635_1840320805_n.jpg

tumblr_laor1kbOMU1qcsr0lo1_r3_500.gif

:shifty: :naughty:

Did anyone else catch that beatbox that Michael was doing towards the end of I Just Can't Stop Loving You? I loved that
You mean the "daba ah-hee hee hee, daba, ah-hee hee hee" part? That was great indeed. MJ was really into the end of IJCSLY. That shot of him singing with the mic down showed it all. So much joy.

I agree. It's almost like he explicitly had to shut down the energy that was flowing out of him in order to move onto the next song "Rock with You".
There's a close-up right before MJ starts tapping his foot to RWY where he looks genuinely empty and out of energy for a second. But it's only a split-second before he launches into the intro to Rock With You.

What is Michael doing with his hand in his pants?
52573157.jpg

I've made up a playlist on iTunes for the Bad album as if it were a double disc set, maybe a little truer to Michael's original vision, with the demos from Bad 25 and also the likes of We Are Here To Change The World, Cheater, Mind is the Magic, Come Together etc.

52573157.jpg

:hysterical:
MJ fans has eagle eyes.

Answer to your question, adjusting :D

52573157.jpg

He's reaching into his utility belt for a smoke bomb.

He's Batman.

that dvd is my wildest MJ dream coming true :bow:!!
I just sat there in awe as i watched the show, at one point it felt as it i was actually there, seeing him perform live.
Oh, and may i add that his ass looks devine in those leather pants? :shifty:

He's Batman.

Yep then he throws it and it sets off an explosion :blowup: on the stage

I've made up a playlist on iTunes for the Bad album as if it were a double disc set, maybe a little truer to Michael's original vision, with the demos from Bad 25 and also the likes of We Are Here To Change The World, Cheater, Mind is the Magic, Come Together etc.

Good idea, but wasn't Mind Is The Magic from the Dangerous era?

Re: BAD 25: The Original BAD Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

Did Smooth Criminal sound like this in the first original pressing of BAD in 1987 on Vinyl and CD?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CUETYqOTBs

I feel like this 'Radio Edit' version sounds, if not better, a least good as the version in BAD Special Edition 2001
and BAD 25 2012. You can tell that are difference on how they sound.

One more thing that I have noticed is that in the back cover on BAD Special Edition 2001 it is written
Copyright 1987, 1993, 2001. Where did 1993 come from? Is that the year where it got its next remaster
after the first CD remastering back in 1987/1988? Or perhaps it was the year when the spanish version of
IJCSLY was released? I actually saw the same copyright year 1993 written in Spotify version of BAD 25.

The Only Thing that Concerns me now is this, "Does The BAD25 CD has the original IJCSLY with the Spoken Intro?",If Not I'll listen to YOUTUBE for The Demos..The fans deserve the real original along with everything else to be original not Updated.It seems it has already given Hip Hop Artist and DJs a chance to show their remixing skills but The Excitment is The Unreleased Demos,The CD itself and The 87-88 Concert.I have a Decision to make before I buy. So help me make the right decision.I still got My Original LP and CD with The original IJCSLY with The Spoken Intro and The Breathing and Heartbeat from Smooth Criminal.

The Only Thing that Concerns me now is this, "Does The BAD25 CD has the original IJCSLY with the Spoken Intro?",If Not I'll listen to YOUTUBE for The Demos..The fans deserve the real original along with everything else to be original not Updated.It seems it has already given Hip Hop Artist and DJs a chance to show their remixing skills but The Excitment is The Unreleased Demos,The CD itself and The 87-88 Concert.I have a Decision to make before I buy. So help me make the right decision.I still got My Original LP and CD with The original IJCSLY with The Spoken Intro and The Breathing and Heartbeat from Smooth Criminal.
Bad 25 doesn't have the intro to IJCSLY. However it is on the IJCSLY CD single that is available at Walmart.

dd-toes_zps53327e58.gif
dd-good-as-fuck_zpsc0db2b9d.gif

Good idea, but wasn't Mind Is The Magic from the Dangerous era?

It's Bryan Loren isn't it, you could be right in that case.

I was basically trying to get as much on there as I could. Anyone know the year it was recorded?

He's Batman.
Yeah, thats what it supposed to seams like.
We all know whats he doing. its a guys thing. :rollin:

My favorites are "I'm So Blue" & "Free". I love the runs he does at the end of both of them :)

The 2nd pressing was released in 1988 on Michael's request. Updated mixes and cut intro on IJCSLY.
These new mixes first appeared digitally remastered on HIStory's disc 1 "HIStory Begins" in 1995.

That's what SONY told me when I asked them that question on the phone back in the Late 80s Because I had a CD copy of BAD and The Intro was Missing,even on The Cassettes and LPs and Then I remember Writing Michael about it telling him if Issac Hayes and Barry White, Prince and Others can do a Sexy Spoken rap on a songs,So can he.I told him that's what makes a song a song and Girls Swoon.Yeah, I wanted to take that cruise with him everytime I hear IJCSLY and That Spoken Intro ,I mean what would Lady In My Life sound like without him saying I want to Touch you baby or I want to lay or I want to Rock with you(All Night) Feel The Heat. Ect.. whether he had a Slip or not, without that,The Songs Suck. He wasn't that Shy But The Guy told me that he was embarrassed. I said Embarrassed for what ??? IF That's what His Female fans want to hear then he should have banked on it.. In His Later years He tried to put some love rap in but SONY was SONY. I know that Our Favorite Singers and Musicians can't have a No 1 CDs or Singles all the time but as long as their fan base is in their corner,They'll still make money on their recordings and feel the love.

I was basically trying to get as much on there as I could. Anyone know the year it was recorded?

Written in 1989 according to "For the Record". Probably recorded in 1989 or 1990. Sadly there's not much info on the CD single from 2010.

Mind Is The Magic was written in 1989 by Michael Jackson with Bryan Loren for Siegfried & Roy. It was recorded either late 1989 or early 1990 because the song was registered in January 1990. It was released in 1995 in Germany.

I just watched the dvd for the 2nd time. It is impossible to describe how amazing this concert is! They are the luckiest people in the world who got to see this concert live

MJ's concert dvds should come with a warning for unbelievable hotness or something. Which makes his contemporaries comments about him being resolutely unsexy so irritating. John landis telling mj he couldn't do his panther dance because 'you're mickey mouse' and his costumier michael bush claiming in interviews that mj wasn't sexual - it ticks me off so much. I sat through hrs and hrs of a repeat of channel 4's 100 top sexy people in history to see where mj wd chart. They had donny osmond, david cassidy, they even had alan titchmarsh (an extremely unsexy middleaged tv gardener) and mj appeared nowhere. It's another myth about mj that people like to peddle - those girls fainting and screaming in the audience wouldn't behave like that if they were watching disney.

Um, I Just Can't Stop Loving You wins in the... ummmm ahem cough... department.

I think we can safely say our sheryl def won her bet with the boys in the band that night.

The BAD25 single IJCSLY released with Don't be messin round has the spoken intro
michael-jackson.jpg

How can anyone not like I'm so blue. A classic, and a top world wide evergreen if finished. Those demos songs are more the old Michael, lighter, carefree, happier (not the lyrics though) that everyone fell in love with. And maybe these songs didn't fit the colder, edgier, harder mature Michael he wanted to present.
Does anyone else think that Abortion Paper is insprired by Madonnas Papa don't preach?

MJ's concert dvds should come with a warning for unbelievable hotness or something. Which makes his contemporaries comments about him being resolutely unsexy so irritating. John landis telling mj he couldn't do his panther dance because 'you're mickey mouse' and his costumier michael bush claiming in interviews that mj wasn't sexual - it ticks me off so much. I sat through hrs and hrs of a repeat of channel 4's 100 top sexy people in history to see where mj wd chart. They had donny osmond, david cassidy, they even had alan titchmarsh (an extremely unsexy middleaged tv gardener) and mj appeared nowhere. It's another myth about mj that people like to peddle - those girls fainting and screaming in the audience wouldn't behave like that if they were watching disney.

Agreed. Once again, he does not fit a certain image of sexiness of men that the media created and so his sexiness is totally ignored and dismissed. Despite of the fact that millions of girls and women found him extremely sexy. Heck, there are still whole boards on the Internet dedicated to his sexiness. But to the media that is simply non-existent.

Back