Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

Just listen to his vocals in Dirty Diana - it's MIND-BLOWING.
I will be uploading the acapellas to the concert as soon as I get the ok from staff so then you will be able to hear those "mind blowing" vocals a lot clearer.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

I always laugh hysterically at people that say "oh this isn't live" blah blah blah. Because clearly Michael should be compared to those that don't put on the type of performance (dance AND vocal) that he does. :doh: lmao. That is such a silly thing to say. Especially when you watch the rest of the show.

They should take a look at how "live" DVDs of other artists who also dance are done before criticizing Michael. Often if it's not lip-synch at the spot then they overdub it with studio vocals on the DVD (obviously because the live vocals haven't been that good). I have seen this with Madonna and others (sure TII too, but that was only rehearsal). On this DVD, however, you get what was really performed that night. No overdubs or anything. And it's 90% live too.

People should think about how difficult it must be to sing and dance at the same time and NOT to sound out of breath after dancing your ass off for 2 hours. You cannot compare this to artists who just stand there before a microphone. Yeah, MITM is not a dancy track, but it was at the end of the concert and Michael must have been very tired by then.

Cute

15hig08.jpg

I will be uploading the acapellas to the concert as soon as I get the ok from staff so then you will be able to hear those "mind blowing" vocals a lot clearer.

COOOOOOOOL I will the first uploader :D

i´m going to see it tonight.
It´s my reward after a long and very tiresome week.

She immediately wipes here face because of mj`s sweat, right after... i noticed yesterday, lol!

I have watched the concert few times already and listened the live CD. Amazing concert! Thank you MJ Estate!

Acapellas have been posted in my thread located in 2,000 Watts. Enjoy!

My favorite performance has to be Dirty Diana. I can't get over how hot that whole routine with the microphone is. Just perfect.

Re: BAD 25 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion [previews added]

I agree with everything above. Price of Fame is a gem, it would fit the album so prefectly (and even some of his later albums). I wonder why he never got back to that song.
Also, the piano part in DBMA is so brilliant, it takes you in from the first second.

What can I say about Al Capone...That song has everything I love about MJ. Every single one of those six new tracks is amazing and I am so happy that we got to hear them. The Estate did an amazing job with my favorite MJ album.

I wish they could of did a better job to bad25 cause that whole unreleased tracks did not hype me plus Quincy said that michael had some strong tracks in the bad sessions, I just don't get it fans been supporting him since the day he hit the stage but you won't give the ultimate fans them strong crazy mind blowing tracks, They knew what they was doing only track I like was al capone that was it, I know some was unfinished but c'mon they should of put the left over tracks that michael wanted but didn't made the cut back in the day

I think you misinterpret this. with "strong tracks" he means Streetwalker ,Cheater and lyricaly strong. not strong in the level of those that are on the original album.

Re: Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performances ONLY

First feeling after a show of Michael Jackson Live at Wembley 07.16.1988 is that Smooth Criminal is very cool because never seen before,but not so perfect like after on Dangerous or HIStory Tour but Dirty Diana...mmmm... the best performance I ever seen! And his personnal white tent is also cool ;) and than Thriller,Beat it and Billie Jean...Wow! Billie jean was fucking the best performance since a Biucharest 1992! All amaizing but maybe just because never seen before and that's it because later shows from DWT and HWT was much better than this but who's cares,don't you? ;) This was his time.he was young,29-30 years old ,so much energetic etc.The best dancing ever, but not all parts! Anyway,so everything remastered but still missing something (looks like a pastel colors,contrast,brightness etc) but nothing lost! "We" will do better soon! ;) It is a pity that we have not a orginal vhs tape but there is something to do with this dvd anyway! ;) I will make very soon some pictures and videos from this special night 25 years ago. ;) ps. all of this I watched in 2D to 3D and it was a very,very god damn goooood!!! ;)

She immediately wipes here face because of mj`s sweat, right after... i noticed yesterday, lol!

My first reaction when she walked up to him was "awe"...then I noticed that she did that and had a good laugh about it. lol.

Ya know, when I watched this last night I watched it alone in my room with my "Beats by Dre" headphones plugged into the tv, and all I could think about was how awesome a feeling it was. It was a Friday night and I was off of work and was a bit bummed to not have much to do. Well, my copy arrived a few days early so it was just me and MJ, just like it has felt for most of my life. I know that's a strange statement, but it's hard to explain. I do wish I could have shared the experience with someone that would have enjoyed it, that would've made it more special. But It took me back to that one special night, when I watched the Dangerous Tour on HBO as a child.

I didn't have the set-list memorized so I was surprised to hear a few songs in the order that I did, especially since I know the Dangerous Tour Set-list. Did anyone else get teary eyed during "She's out of my life"? lmao. It's so ridiculous because I knew it was coming but for some reason 8 times out of 10, it gets to me for some reason. And I'm not ashamed to say that as a 23 year old male that doesn't cry often lol. That's just the power that Michael had, to capture the emotion of the audience. And it says a lot to know the song is coming, to have seen it performed over and over again...and still get emotional.

I also didn't mention how amazing I thought the ending of "I'll be there" was!! Wow. I'm not sure if you can call them ab-libs or more of a transition, but I felt his emotion and his feeling there. You can tell he was in to it and at one point you can see one of the backup dancers look at him with a big grin like, "yeah, he's feeling it!" This was one of the parts I had to play over and over again.

It was a great feeling, seeing a complete MJ show again for the first time...especially an official release. As I stated earlier, it almost felt live to me. And it almost made me feel as though Michael was still here. :cry: It was when "Man In The Mirror" started that reality set in and I didn't want to go back to it. Honestly, I don't recall much of that particular performance because all I could think about was wow, this isn't live. And Michael isn't truly here right now. It was as if for that 2 and half or whatever hours, that he was right here. I think that is the first time I felt that way and it really...well, sucked to be honest. :cry:.

I didn't want to go back to that reality, but as the show closed it made me appreciate what he provided and what the estate granted us. They gave us the one thing we have been signing petitions and fussing about for so many years. And you have to respect that. I'm very grateful that we have this, and although I've questioned a lot of the releases post 09, this one more than makes up for it, for me.

This is tough for me, because I'm not a big demo/unreleased type of person. There have only been a few over the years that truly stand out to me and ones that I truly enjoy. I went into this with a positive mindset, but knowing that I probably wouldn't enjoy it...just because I seldom do.

Don't Be Messin' Round...eh didn't really live up to the hype for me. Although my understanding is that MJ made a later version so perhaps it was the better one. Just wasn't a big fan of it.

"I'm So Blue" is nice, but I didn't really like the chorus...or lack there of? I can't tell if he's actually saying something or making noise lmao.

Song Groove...I'm not sure how to take this song. I will say that it did get catchy after awhile, and I found myself singing the chorus. It isn't something I'd play over and over again, but I won't flat out skip over it. I'm not one of those that is offended by the lyrics, but I am kind of glad it stayed off the album, to avoid the mess that would have came with that. He later released plenty of controversial tracks...but I think this is a whole other level. I didn't read up on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote this in response to either a experience, or something he read up on.

Free. This is probably my second favorite track, it's such a care-free loving song. No complaints on this one. Am I the only one that hears "Elizabeth I love you", influence leading into the chorus?

Price of Fame. Not a bad track, not something I would overplay. I could have done without having another media type song, but I digress.

Al Capone....WOW. I've heard so much about this, and I was skeptical, but damn is it catchy. This is what I would have proffered, more demos like this. Def. my favorite track and one that I will often go back to.

The other releases, well we already have so not much to add in that regard. I personally could have done without the Spanish and French versions of IJCSLY but, I'm sure those are a nice bonus especially for those that speak those languages respectively.

The Mixes...yeah...not really a fan. It doesn't have anything to do with those that did it, I just don't like the sound, at all. It's more of a current sound which is fine , just not for me. I could see these getting airplay in clubs so that would be a bonus, but I wonder if anyone will care after awhile.

So...overall I would say that this turned out as I expected. A few decent tracks, and one that I completely love, so although it seems like I've done nothing but sound negative, I'd say it is a win that I at least walked away with one track.

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

I KNOW they edited stuff down for time, but the worst edit they did was cutting the long note MJ did at the end of Rock With You.
They SERIOUSLY had those few extra seconds on the CD left to keep that part in! It just ends abruptly!
Yet, they left the DOOO DOOO DOOO DOO from the intro of Smooth Criminal...

This. I don't understand why they decided to cut the end of Rock With You. :( And why they didn't include TWYMMF? Great live CD nonetheless

Finally was released in Australia yesterday and I watched it last night....OMG. This DVD needs to be out under "perfect" in the dictionary.

I think my ovaries exploded during Dirty Diana. The entire performance was pure sex. That man...I swear. Even the way he walks out of the tent is sexy af!! Every single thing about this performance was perfect to me.

Favourite live performance of Billie Jean can't stop watching it

Favourite live performance of Billie Jean can't stop watching it

Agree. Some of his dancing at the end of Billie Jean may have been a bit more elaborate on later tours, but the combination of his perfect live vocals and the dancing makes this the best performance of Billie Jean, in my opinion.

I swear, I almost fainted watching Dirty Diana!

Re: BAD 25: The Original BAD Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

I don't know what specific countries these are from, but here goes:

1st press with all original mixes:

2nd Press with original mixes minus IJCSLY intro:

3rd press with all track revisions:

great post, i have deleted the pictures in the quote.

i wonder where 2nd and 3d pressing is coming from? canada or US?
and there are 2 other similar releases...

http://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-Bad/release/725905 (thats my copy)
http://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-Bad/release/3289033

and i wonder whats the correct order of release date of these 4 releases?

Scorpio;3713220 said:
Price of Fame. Not a bad track, not something I would overplay. I could have done without having another media type song, but I digress.

This one isn't really about the media, though.

"He described the story as 'the girls who are over-obsessed with me, who follow me, who almost make me kill myself in my car, who just give their lives to do anything with me, to see me – they’ll do anything and it’s breaking my heart. It’s running me crazy. It’s breaking up my relationship with my girl, with my family. That’s the Price of Fame.'”

And to be fair, this was most likely one of the first songs that he wrote on a subject like this.

^^ Yeah, I was just gonna write PoF is NOT about the media! It's about his father and the lifestyle he was basically forced to live since childhood.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

34hxxjb.gif

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

WOW WOW WOW!! went out and bought the DVD as couldnt wait for the Deluxe version any longer - so glad I did!
I swear it was like being in the audience, I coud feel the atmosphere it was exhilerating from start to finish. The downside, it ending!
Wish it could have gone on, felt like I was part of the concert - and never having been to see MJ live being too young and This is it... Man
Sorry I am struggling with words, it was just an AMAZING live show!!

This may not be accurate, but Wikipedia says that the live version of Bad from Yokohama is a bonus track on the 2nd disc of Bad 25. If it is, then I WANT IT TOO!!!!!!!

morinen;3712951 said:
I'm reading complaints (from non-fans) that Bad and MITM are lip synced on this concert.

Michael’s short films were playback too, does that make them any less awesome?

I swear, I almost fainted watching Dirty Diana!

Who didn't? ;)

I just watched it again, it gets better everytime!

divinity in motion :angel:

Last edited:

It's not.

I ripped the core six channels (bit-to-bit to the original master) and produced my own mix, in my opinion like the way it should be, the way MJ liked his mixes: thick, well spread and beautiful dynamics. Also the bass was lacking character in the original version. In my version you can HEAR it groovin, while you can FEEL it!!! and the vocals are more clearer.

For the record, no I didn't just play around with bass and treble.

David Powell did an outstanding job recording this jewel, but the mixing company totally screwed the surround and stereo mixes up. My opinion.

Can you share your version the 2000Watts forum ?

Back