Wembley DVD Critique /Quality and other prefered concerts over Wembley go here

Its a vhs. Real Sd dvds can be ok on flatscreens.
How do rome and tokyo 88 or manila96 look too you? Thats how this one too.
It has the quality of first generation dvd, more or less. At the time they were mostly vhs transfers.

I wasnt leaking anything. Just few second snippets, so people can hear how the 5.1 mix is. If you have to be so strikt, then you have to delete the screenshots too. I dont care.

it's not about you, it's not about me, it's about protecting the forum.

Tomorrow more members going to receive the dvd, they can post more screens. I tried to post good and not so good looking pix, to not fool anyone only with good looking ones.

No disrespect but no way, u've gotta be kidding..you of all people are praising the quality!? :D

Yes. Actually. It's not clear, the far shots. But! The colors don't seem to be off and it's not too dark and too bright. The close up shots were clear and decent. I loved it. There was one or two times the video de-noise looked bad. But the colors didn't spill or look bad. What annoyed me was the simple easy stuff was even messed up, the brightness/contrast and colors. Plus there was little or no color noise at points in the video.
But in WBSS I have no complaint besides the two small spots of terrible Video De noise and the angles were great except for 2 or 3 moves.
Here's a few screens of a compressed video I have. I think it looks nice.
vlcsnap2012091320h01m25.png

vlcsnap2012091319h51m35.png

vlcsnap2012091319h53m48.png

If I have stereo speakers (not a 5.1 system), would I be better off using the PCM stereo or 5.1 mix?

There are.

Those who have sd-tv. On my 50" plasma doesnt look that great. I said already why. But over all its better then i expected. On pc monitor 32"(1080) its acceptable. Just like vhs would look like.

I wasnt leaking anything. Just few second snippets, so people can hear how the 5.1 mix is. If you have to be so strikt, then you have to delete the screenshots too. I dont care.
And all the online streams too, that everyone is posting. Cause that are also leaks :rolleyes:

Oh wow. Did you notice MJ says 'muthafucker' in the beginning of WBSS? IT WAS AMAZING!!!

If I have stereo speakers (not a 5.1 system), would I be better off using the PCM stereo or 5.1 mix?

PCM, I think. What would be point of you to listen 5.1 you would hear just 2 channels anyway.

I just wish they would have mixed TWYMMF into the full show...I don't like that you can only watch it as an extra.

Nah, I think they did the right thing regarding TWYMMF. It wasn't part of that show, so it has no place being spliced into it. Plus the change of video quality would be way too obvious and take you out of the feeling that you are watching a complete unedited concert.

They definitely did the right thing, if they edited it into the show then people would be saying they were trying to trick us.

I'm very relieved. I'm playing it on my 60 inch plasma and it's very passable, actually very decent actually. It's definitely ALOT better than this bootleg DVD Bad Tour dvd that i got. It's not incredible, but i can definitely enjoy this.

20120914153305.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished watching and loving it. Ok the quality is not great, but we all knew it would be like that. It's from Michael's own vhs version, not the original. The up close shots are actually pretty good. It's just the overal shots that are pretty blurry. COlours looked really good to me. Sound is very good too!! I'm really happy to have this full concert now.

I just wish they would have mixed TWYMMF into the full show...I don't like that you can only watch it as an extra.

Agreed! They should have added an option to either watch the concert as it was or with The Way You Make Me Feel inserted where it should have been.

Subtenants? you mean other people living in my house? Cause that's not the case, i live on my own :D
Or do you mean my neighbors and such? Were you commenting on the speakers? :D

Exactly :D. Yeah I meant people living beneath your appartment, but since you have a complete house, wow... enjoy.
:clap:

Lighting? Perhaps. But not to such extent where I see similiarities with my urine's color.

Which one of these you prefer? :scratch:

michaels jacket certainly looks whiter, i wonder if they coloured each shot separately or had a master change for the whole concert

Lighting? Perhaps. But not to such extent where I see similiarities with my urine's color.

Which one of these you prefer? :scratch:

I wanted to say none of them but if I had to pick one I would pick the second one.

Is the picture a screenshot from the DVD ?

Last edited:
I am waiting for my own copy before giving my opinion because I have seen screenshots with total opposite quality :

from "it looks really good ! :wild: " to " wtf -_- I cannot believe it has been improved by a pro."

Back