What album do you own the most copies of?

analogue

Proud Member
For me I think it's BAD, I got:
Bad on cassette
Bad 1st CD pressing
Bad 2nd CD pressing
BAD 2001 Special Addition CD
BAD 25 CD
BAD Vinyl
BAD 25 Vinyl

Invincible
Invincible Blue Gangsta Edition
Invincible Jolly Green Giant Edition

Last edited:
Invincible, every color.
Dangerous (1991 CD)
History (1995 CD)

None. šŸ˜” The only physical MJ media I own is a copy of MJ The Experience game. I would love to have a Vinyl disc of HIStory and Thriller 25 as they're my favorite album covers.

Thriller

Thriller on CD
Thriller 25 on CD
Thriller 40 on CD
Thriller on vinyl
Thriller 40 on vinyl
(I still need T25 on vinyl)

Last edited:
I have SD Invincible. Someday I will have the opportunity to listen to Thriller and Of the wall on vinyl.

Only 1 CD copy of all regular albums + a couple of compilations (Motown ones) and a handful of cd singles. Iā€™m not the best fan in the world you could say. I also have CDā€™s of Triumph, Victory, Destiny and The Jacksons. I basically stopped buying stuff once the internet became mainstream.

Iā€™m not even sure which Invincible copy I bought. It was either yellow or gray. I have no clue where all my albums are either.

Only 1 CD copy of all regular albums + a couple of compilations (Motown ones) and a handful of cd singles. Iā€™m not the best fan in the world you could say. I also have CDā€™s of Triumph, Victory, Destiny and The Jacksons. I basically stopped buying stuff once the internet became mainstream.

Iā€™m not even sure which Invincible copy I bought. It was either yellow or gray. I have no clue where all my albums are either.
I have to say I'm the same. I've moved house recently so my CDs and pretty much all my Michael stuff is in storage. I don't have a lot because I don't have the room for it all, so I haven't been the greatest fan as far as collectibles, I would if I could! I actually had some of my CDs stolen from my car years ago. They were in one of those disc holders and are gone. I'm heartbroken because I had the original HIStory CD in there - the original TDCAU lyrics. Damn.

@Arklove regarding history I bought my copy in 1995 so do I still have the original TDCAU lyrics? I would find out myself if 1) I knew where the album was and 2) if I had a CD player šŸ˜ƒ

@Arklove regarding history I bought my copy in 1995 so do I still have the original TDCAU lyrics? I would find out myself if 1) I knew where the album was and 2) if I had a CD player šŸ˜ƒ
Iā€™m not sure. I bought the album on the day of release and I believe the lyrics were changed not too long after. You should find your copy to know for sure!

My entire collection got burned so now I just have hard drives of photos music & videos. Then after seeing others collections online...I was like ehh...fcck it. To start over again is impossible. Now I just love others collections & watch them on YouTube. My days of physical is over with. I'm still sad about it

This should be interesting!

Iā€™m gonna limit this to CDs, adding other formats might take longer to put together (though used copies of thriller vinyl were so easy to find and so cheap that I was using extras as table runners or placemats LOL)

OTW

Original album
2001 special edition
2009 ā€œthe collectionā€ edition
2016 ā€œchalkā€ edition

Thriller

Original album
2001 special edition
2008 25th anniversary
2008 25th anniversary box set
2008 25th anniversary edition CD + DVD
2022 40th anniversary

Bad

Original album
Japan picture cd
2001 special edition
2012 bad 25 box set

Dangerous

Original album
1991 3D special edition
2001 special edition

HIStory

Original album (1st pressing lyrics)
1996 version ā€œcensoredā€

BOTDF

Original album

Invincible

Original album
4 alternate colours - green blue orange red

Number ones

Original album
2 alternate cover versions (I think I might be missing one)

This is it

Original album
2 disc deluxe version

Michael

Original album

Xscape

Original album
Deluxe edition

Scream

None?

ā€”ā€”

So not surprising that thriller wins in the end! Though invincible is a close second but purely for the sales gimmick - the alternate color versions are still sealed LOL

My entire collection got burned so now I just have hard drives of photos music & videos. Then after seeing others collections online...I was like ehh...fcck it. To start over again is impossible. Now I just love others collections & watch them on YouTube. My days of physical is over with. I'm still sad about it
Oh no! My biggest fear! So sorry to hear this!

I haven't counted them, but most likely Bad or Thriller, since these albums have had the most different releases through the years. I probably have around 50 different versions of these.

Equal copies of Thriller and Bad!

Thriller - cassette
Thriller - vinyl
Thriller 25 - vinyl
Thriller 40 - CD

Bad - cassette
Bad picture disc - vinyl
Bad 25 - vinyl
Bad -CD

I would like to own all of his albums on cassette, vinyl, and CD when possible. Recently I started buying up all the 45s I can, which has been a fun project!

Odd as hell, but mine's Xscape. Being a completist, I had to grab both versions of the deluxe edition (regular jewel case and digipack w/ poster) and later got the standard one with a batch of others from a second hand seller.

Besides that, I have two CD copies of HIStory and BOTDF, two vinyl copies of OTW, Thriller and Bad (different pressings) and some 12" promos.

Last edited:
Victory (4): cassette, regular LP, picture disc (with the dove on it), CD.

Also the maxi singles for State Of Shock & Torture

Thriller. Yet BAD is close...
I own:
-Thriller vinyl (1982 copy)
-Thriller vinyl (reissue 2016)
-Thriller picture vinyl
-Thriller 40 vinyl
-Thriller CD (reissue 2014)
-Thriller 40 double CD
And also some singles:
-Billie Jean vinyl
-Beat It vinyl
-The Girl Is Mine vinyl
Yet I was unable to find the 25th anniversary nor the 2001 special edition... But they will follow

Back