What are the chances we hear Mark Ronson's rendition of "Lovely Way"? Or any other unreleased renditions from "Michael" & "Xscape"?

Mark Ronson's remix of Lovely Way? Never. At least not officially. As for the other songs that were considered for XScape if that's what you mean then I'm sure that the songs that will come out on the next album will be songs that were previously considered for Xscape. I think songs like Hot Fun will definitely be included on the new album.

Mark Ronson's remix of Lovely Way? Never. At least not officially. As for the other songs that were considered for XScape if that's what you mean then I'm sure that the songs that will come out on the next album will be songs that were previously considered for Xscape. I think songs like Hot Fun will definitely be included on the new album.
Yeah I think this is likely. Almost all the songs from Xscape were ones that were already brought out for Michael album.

We got LNFSG in Xscape, and apparently it was reworked during 2010 but just not released. I believe we may be getting some of those tracks that didn't make the list. About Lovely Way, probably not, since they released it in Thriller 40 and they won't really care to re-release a better version.

I could see them leaking eventually. As for official releases, there’s not really an objective need to, unless they decide to throw them as filler on a new album.

I secretly am just hoping they leak but I don't know what the policy of begging for leaks on this site is so 🤫

I secretly am just hoping they leak but I don't know what the policy of begging for leaks on this site is so 🤫
...Well, this is why the Estate doesn't want to release more unleaked songs - they know people are gonna leak a lot, so they wanna wait until some of those songs leak so they're not wasting much unheard material.

Example: Xscape - 3 or 4 of the tracks were leaked, but they pulled off new tracks.

...Well, this is why the Estate doesn't want to release more unleaked songs - they know people are gonna leak a lot, so they wanna wait until some of those songs leak so they're not wasting much unheard material.
That's BS, Who Do You Know and WALWTG are proof that the Estate is more than willing to release unleaked songs, they could've very well saved them for Thriller 50 which is a better milestone to release new songs but they decided to release them on this current reissue. They couldn't care less about leaks.
Example: Xscape - 3 or 4 of the tracks were leaked, but they pulled off new tracks.
Because the songs that are on the album are songs that were considered for Michael, that's why they wanted to get them out of the way first, not because they were leaked beforehand.

Last edited:
That's BS, Who Do You Know and WALWTG are proof that the Estate is more than willing to release unleaked songs, they could've very well saved them for Thriller 50 which is a better milestone to release new songs but they decided to release them on this current reissue. They couldn't care less about leaks.
Yes, they are willing to release unleaked songs, but they want to keep a few of the best songs for the posthumous remix albums. WALWTG and WDYK were all songs that the Estate probably had no plans for reworking and releasing in the future.
Because the songs that are on the album are songs that were considered for Michael, that's why they wanted to get them out of the way first, not because they were leaked beforehand.
You actually do have a point here. But leaks make their lives a tad bit easier, since they don't really need to release "new" material all the time, and they get to keep the gooood stuff in the vault for possible releases in the future.

More than that, try 5 or 6. All six

LNFSG
APWNN
STTR
DYKWYCA
BG
XSCAPE

Were leaked

WALWTG and WDYK were all songs that the Estate probably had no plans for reworking and releasing in the future.

Both of those songs the Estate had plans to rework and release, or at least consider. That's why they put it out, because they've been snubbed so many times. They're contender material at least a time over.

What A Lovely Way To Go literally was reworked for Michael by Mark Ronson, that's what I'm asking for. I wanna hear that rendition, they gave us the basic demo because it was easy and low investment. This old 2010 stuff ain't no loss on them, that's what I'm saying. Maybe they'll release the  Michael Deluxe edition with old unreleased outtakes, as a treat. Or Xscape 10. There's possibilities.

Both of those songs the Estate had plans to rework and release, or at least consider. That's why they put it out, because they've been snubbed so many times. They're contender material at least a time over.
They might have had that idea in the past, but I'm sure that they found other songs with a lot of potential, and that's why they put the original version out.

Given the version we've now heard of What A Lovely Way To Go, I'm shocked they gave it to Mark Ronson to produce, surely there were better demo's with more potential they could give to him to work with

Perhaps maybe in 2010 the Estate didn't have a lot of demo's catalogued and in their possession?

I don't want to be overly harsh on WALWTG, but it's a rough if not charming demo. It sounds Destiny, (maybe even pre Destiny era to me) so I don't want to criticise one of Mike's early efforts

Given the version we've now heard of What A Lovely Way To Go, I'm shocked they gave it to Mark Ronson to produce, surely there were better demo's with more potential they could give to him to work with

Perhaps maybe in 2010 the Estate didn't have a lot of demo's catalogued and in their possession?

I don't want to be overly harsh on WALWTG, but it's a rough if not charming demo. It sounds Destiny, (maybe even pre Destiny era to me) so I don't want to criticise one of Mike's early efforts

I also find it odd they gave it to him to remix for a studio release, especially considering all the other stuff they considered for the album.

They might have had that idea in the past, but I'm sure that they found other songs with a lot of potential, and that's why they put the original version out.
The other songs with potential are the other songs that didn't make "Michael", lol. It's really not a prospect for all new, all better. They might give a few new things but really, I don't know what you're expecting. You kinda are going both ways.

I also find it odd they gave it to him to remix for a studio release, especially considering all the other stuff they considered for the album.
That's it mate, it feels like there are quite a few other demos they could given him to work with. Perhaps this was one of few they could find or license in 2010?

I feel like they didn't want to involve him this time or last time. That's why we got the demo we got. Listening to Marc's version 5seconds in sounds better with the drums on it. I feel it might leak one day

Damien Shields said on Twitter recently that “Behind the Mask” had a bunch of alternate takes and unused vocals, hence why the version we got on T40 was so drastically different. Maybe there’s a more finished vocal of “What a Lovely Way to Go” out there.

The other songs with potential are the other songs that didn't make "Michael", lol. It's really not a prospect for all new, all better. They might give a few new things but really, I don't know what you're expecting. You kinda are going both ways.
I'm expecting 2-3 new songs for a next album, because eh, they want to save some of those good unheard songs for later, and release the leaked songs in CDQ.

I'm expecting 2-3 new songs for a next album, because eh, they want to save some of those good unheard songs for later, and release the leaked songs in CDQ.
If you haven't noticed, pretty much every time has been a cost cutting amount of songs.

Michael: 1 leaked song, 1 half finished song, one demo already released, a few other outtakes from past eras, and one fully realized post Invincible track. And then 3 fakes. Really not much at all. Then

Bad 25: 6 new songs.
Xscape: 2 new songs only basically
Thriller 40: 4 new songs, 2 technically alt versions of stuff we already got, two entirely new, but previously considered.

I think the “mixture” method—filling projects with both completely unheard songs and leaked tracks in high(er) quality—is the best way to navigate a vault as uncertain as MJ’s. Some baffling and stupid decisions to be had, but it makes the most sense on paper.

Back