What Are You Listening To?

This guy has such a calming pleasant voice. I like his relaxing arrangements, his words, his melodies. He might be called Lightfoot but he is a heavyweight

This was lovely. I adore Gordon Lightfoot. Gorgeous voice, fabulous phrasing, great lyrics, wonderful storyteller.

Eva Cassidy / I Can Only Be Me [written by Stevie Wonder]

3m 20s

Eva Cassidy with the London Symphony Orchestra / Songbird [written by Christine McVie]

3m 50s

Gosh, this is beautiful! Who’s Janis?
Janis is one of those 'well-known / not well-known' people. She's a great singer / songwriter and has had a cool career.

That said, I only know two of her songs really well. This one and 'At Seventeen' which is her most well-known song. That came out in the mid-70's, IIRC, and I loved it but I've never properly explored her music. I think it might be time for me to do that. :D

If you haven't heard 'At Seventeen' I can highly recommend it.

Nina Simone did a cover version of Stars - or, at least, there's a live version online. I'm not mad keen. Janis is better, imo.

Last edited:
It's fine if it's simply MJ, right...?? 🤔

Anyway. I just wanna appreciate APWNN Original Version for a bit. I like the remix too, but the original version... It's special. 💕

And just now Petals came on in my playlist LOL pinging @staywild23 because I know she loves that one! 😁

ETA: I Can't Make It Another Day!! Rock star Mike aaaaaaa *screams with love*

Last edited:
Tony! Toni! Toné! ~ Sons Of Soul
640x640.jpg

Miley Cyrus/ Flowers

Love Miley. :)

Also, love this from:

The latest single by pop sensation Miley Cyrus (USA) has smashed the record for the most streamed track on Spotify in one week with 96,032,624 plays for the week ending 19 January 2023. "Flowers", the first single from Cyrus’ eighth studio album Endless Summer Vacation, had over seven million more streams than the previous record holder, Adele's "Easy On Me".

I think I'm spending too much time on the Chart Watch thread. There is a world beyond Spotify stats. I need to remember that. :ROFLMAO:

Surprisingly funky for a huge mainstream hit. There's something about new funky tracks.
That one has some funky stuff for sure, I like that too...I don't know why I'm thinking about grocery stores now I'm listening to that lol :ROFLMAO:

Love Miley. :)

Also, love this from:

The latest single by pop sensation Miley Cyrus (USA) has smashed the record for the most streamed track on Spotify in one week with 96,032,624 plays for the week ending 19 January 2023. "Flowers", the first single from Cyrus’ eighth studio album Endless Summer Vacation, had over seven million more streams than the previous record holder, Adele's "Easy On Me".

I think I'm spending too much time on the Chart Watch thread. There is a world beyond Spotify stats. I need to remember that. :ROFLMAO:
I love her too :D

Hahaha you're one of the official stat trackers dear! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Plastic Bertrand / Ca Plane Pour Moi - 1977

2m 56s

He didn't sing this one, vocals are by Lou Deprijck. But I don't care. I love it, I love him, I love the video, it's fab.

and now donnie vie - the one in the flag get up -not the other hes an ass (i didnt say that :LOL:

Back