What are your opinion on South Park?

L.T.D

Proud Member
Ok, I am actually a big fan of South Park and have seen probably every episode.

With South Park, nothing is off bounds......they will literally make light of any situation. So when it comes to Michael and the two episodes which feature him, it does not bother me massively.

The first episode called The Jeffersons, I didnt mind at all and actually chuckled at a few parts. On top of that, they showed that the police were corrupt which I thought was good.

The dead celebrities episode from last year I didnt like too much. For one thing it was obviously a really touchy subject especially considering it wasnt too long after Michael died, but on top of that it just wasnt funny at all really. I was a little suprised. It just wasnt even remotely funny.

However I do love South Park, I love the way an episode can start with something so small and then end with flying a whale to the moon or something.

The special Olympics episode where Cartman pretends to be retarded is totally win. Same with the episode where Mr. Garrison was upset because his dad didn't molest him when he was a kid. :lol:

Overall, I like SP. I didn't like the MJ episodes, though. I thought they weren't funny at all, and I'm not saying that from an MJ fan perspective. I'm pretty politically incorrect--but the jabs at him were kinda cheap. =/

Then again, that's all SP is, cheap jabs. I'll watch it on occasion for the ha ha's, but I don't follow it religiously like my brother does. I like more intellectual humour/satire, like Tom Lehrer. :heart: v_v

Well, I do love the animation style of South Park, but I never liked the show, due to the fact the kids are using crap words even with each other and making fun of celebraties "The Jeffersons" episode and I'll never will, I've seen a couple scenes, but they disgust me.

Well, I do love the animation style of South Park, but I never liked the show, due to the fact the kids are using crap words even with each other and making fun of celebraties "The Jeffersons" episode and I'll never will, I've seen a couple scenes, but they disgust me.

Same here

In all the years that show has been on the air. I had probably only seen almost one episode of it. And that was more than enough for me. I hate that show because of the bad language on it. I don't understand how any one can find that show funny.

Same here

In all the years that show has been on the air. I had probably only seen almost one episode of it. And that was more than enough for me. I hate that show because of the bad language on it. I don't understand how any one can find that show funny.

Because its absolutely ridiculous thats why. haha I dont know how the bad language can bother you, that should be the last thing about the show that bothers you. But to be perfectly honest, my favourite episodes are the ones that arent so crude and dont make fun of anyone. But I also love the ones that do feature that kind of stuff

South Park, plain and simple pokes fun at life. You watch South Park to see outrageous things happen that you wouldnt see in real life. Or they exagerrate things about real life.

It really is just one big skit at life, your not supposed to take any of it seriously. If anything, it should make you not take life so seriously.

There are a few things that I think, they really should not have gone there........some of which I wont mention as it will get people riled up.

One of my favourites is 'Two days before the day after tomorrow' It is a massive skit at peoples fear of global warming. They act like global warming is an actual being that is chasing them in street. Its sheer brilliance.

As mentioned before, I also love the episode 'Free Willyz'. Basically, it starts off with two men working at a waterpark tricking Kyle into thinking a whale is talking to him. The whale tells him that he actually is from the moon and is stuck there. The episode actually ends up with a whale strapped to a rocket that is flown to the moon. haha Its so ridiculous, I actually love it.

It has gotten to the point where I see a flim or TV show and wait for South Park to take the mick out of it. More recently they did an episode based on the film 'Inception', it was great.

Anybody who takes life to seriously should not watch this show........

I think South Park is funny. If I'm in the mood to watch tv, and it's on, I'll watch it.

I thought that the Jeffersons episode was funny. I laughed when MJ would walk around and randomly yell "hee hee" and "shamone" (in a strange, low voice). They just exaggerated MJ's public persona.

I agree with the OP on the dead celebrities episode - it just wasn't funny.

It's hard to satirize something and have it not offend anyone. Like Tom Lehrer said, the two goals are highly incompatible. South Park is mostly satire/parody, so they really can't put on a good show without turning a few heads and offending some along the way.

P.S. @ L.T.D. please change the thread title to "What are your opinions on South Park?" or "What do you guys think about South Park." You can't have "are" and a singular noun.

It has gotten to the point where I see a flim or TV show and wait for South Park to take the mick out of it. More recently they did an episode based on the film 'Inception', it was great.

I never really plan to watch South Park, and I usually just end up watching reruns. I didn't realize they did an episode based on Inception. Maybe I should start watching it more often.

I just remembered an episode that I've actually seen a few times. The girls at school had a magic thing that told the future (a folded up piece of paper). The boys want to get it, so they send Butters, dressed as a girl, to a party that the girls are having. There's also a side story about faking Butters death. Did you see that episode?

I missed many years of South Park episodes. I remember at the beginning it was mainly Kyle, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny. When did Butters show up? Where did he come from? He's my favorite character now.

Remember Mr. Hanky? LOL. So stupid, but so funny.

I never really plan to watch South Park, and I usually just end up watching reruns. I didn't realize they did an episode based on Inception. Maybe I should start watching it more often.

I just remembered an episode that I've actually seen a few times. The girls at school had a magic thing that told the future (a folded up piece of paper). The boys want to get it, so they send Butters, dressed as a girl, to a party that the girls are having. There's also a side story about faking Butters death. Did you see that episode?

I missed many years of South Park episodes. I remember at the beginning it was mainly Kyle, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny. When did Butters show up? Where did he come from? He's my favorite character now.

Remember Mr. Hanky? LOL. So stupid, but so funny.

Haha yeah I know the episode you mean, and they have a labratory for the 'device' as well.

Butters has been there from the start, but he was only a background character. He became a proper character around 2002 I think.

haha yeah Mr Hankey has allways been funny. There is one which is pretty sick, called 'A Woodland Critter Christmas' I think. Basically there are all these cute little woodland critters, they end up being like really evil bascially and I wont go into too much detail.

Have you seen Team America? Its a film by the makers of South Park and its made using Thunderbird puppets as characters. Its hilarious. I'll try and find a clip, if you like South Park then you will love it. One of the funniest things I remember is Matt Damon. All he says is his own name in a funny South Park like voice.

It's hard to satirize something and have it not offend anyone. Like Tom Lehrer said, the two goals are highly incompatible. South Park is mostly satire/parody, so they really can't put on a good show without turning a few heads and offending some along the way.

P.S. @ L.T.D. please change the thread title to "What are your opinions on South Park?" or "What do you guys think about South Park." You can't have "are" and a singular noun.

Relax, dont get all technical on me. I just missed out the S on the end of opinions.

I cant change the title, only a mod can do that. Its hardly worth the time either just to add an S onto the end of a word. But if your going to lose sleep over it then may I request that a mod change the title and add an S onto the end of opinion.

Relax, dont get all technical on me. I just missed out the S on the end of opinions.

I cant change the title, only a mod can do that. Its hardly worth the time either just to add an S onto the end of a word. But if your going to lose sleep over it then may I request that a mod change the title and add an S onto the end of opinion.

Relax--I just wanted to help and not make you look bad over such a mistake. =/

Anyway, no one else noticed it so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Too bad about not being able to change the title--if that was my mistake, it would annoy me to no end, but that's because I'm a perfectionist. :lol:

*don't, you're.

Relax--I just wanted to help and not make you look bad over such a mistake. =/

Anyway, no one else noticed it so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Too bad about not being able to change the title--if that was my mistake, it would annoy me to no end, but that's because I'm a perfectionist. :lol:

*don't, you're.

It just comes across slightly pompous when you correct people like that. The 'please' was the icing on the cake.

o_O

Anyways back to the question lol. Strangely enough I don't have much of an opinion on South Park. I watched a few episodes like a decade ago back in high school. From what I remember it was entertaining but not very tasteful, which is what a lot of kids liked about it back then.

I use to love SP but I lost interest over the years and never watch it now. I don't like how the diss MJ and other celebs.

Back on topic,I find that the older SP episodes are funnier than the newer ones. Does anyone else think this as well? Maybe it's just me, but the newer ones are less clever.

Back on topic,I find that the older SP episodes are funnier than the newer ones. Does anyone else think this as well? Maybe it's just me, but the newer ones are less clever.

Are you kidding me? Its the complete opposite.

The old ones consist of nothing but swear words and poo jokes. The newer ones are much more clever, I dont think the old ones are clever at all and are much less funny. In fact, I barely watch the old ones. I actually cant believe you have that view.....

Are you kidding me? Its the complete opposite.

The old ones consist of nothing but swear words and poo jokes. The newer ones are much more clever, I dont think the old ones are clever at all and are much less funny. In fact, I barely watch the old ones. I actually cant believe you have that view.....

Indeed I do. Not all of them were just that. For example, my favourite episode, "Damien", is from Season 1. That one barely has any poo jokes in it, and it's funny as hell. "Merry Xmas, Charlie Manson" was also hilarious, and that was one of the older episodes too. Same with "Chinpokomon" and "Sexual Harassment Panda." Same with "Cartman Joins NAMBLA."

I guess I don't like the latest ones because of the modern pop culture references. In order to really "get" SP, you have to be up with pop culture-- I don't follow pop culture consistently enough to get all they're talking about nowadays. I get '90s, pop culture, though, which is probably why I like the older ones best.

Indeed I do. Not all of them were just that. For example, my favourite episode, "Damien", is from Season 1. That one barely has any poo jokes in it, and it's funny as hell. "Merry Xmas, Charlie Manson" was also hilarious, and that was one of the older episodes too. Same with "Chinpokomon" and "Sexual Harassment Panda." Same with "Cartman Joins NAMBLA."

I guess I don't like the latest ones because of the modern pop culture references. In order to really "get" SP, you have to be up with pop culture-- I don't follow pop culture consistently enough to get all they're talking about nowadays. I get '90s, pop culture, though, which is probably why I like the older ones best.

The Chinpokomon one is one of my favourites, probably my favourite one from the first 3 seasons.

I guess your right there, a lot of the best ones make fun of things in modern pop culture. Episodes that make fun of things like The Dog Whisperer and High School Musical are some of my favourites.

Because its absolutely ridiculous thats why. haha I dont know how the bad language can bother you, that should be the last thing about the show that bothers you. But to be perfectly honest, my favourite episodes are the ones that arent so crude and dont make fun of anyone. But I also love the ones that do feature that kind of stuff

South Park, plain and simple pokes fun at life. You watch South Park to see outrageous things happen that you wouldnt see in real life. Or they exagerrate things about real life.

It really is just one big skit at life, your not supposed to take any of it seriously. If anything, it should make you not take life so seriously.

There are a few things that I think, they really should not have gone there........some of which I wont mention as it will get people riled up.

One of my favourites is 'Two days before the day after tomorrow' It is a massive skit at peoples fear of global warming. They act like global warming is an actual being that is chasing them in street. Its sheer brilliance.

As mentioned before, I also love the episode 'Free Willyz'. Basically, it starts off with two men working at a waterpark tricking Kyle into thinking a whale is talking to him. The whale tells him that he actually is from the moon and is stuck there. The episode actually ends up with a whale strapped to a rocket that is flown to the moon. haha Its so ridiculous, I actually love it.

Anybody who takes life to seriously should not watch this show........

Well it does bother me. I guess it is because I am the kind of person that prefers old fashion comedy. Like Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, and The 3 Stooges. Where they didn't have to use swear words in order to be funny. I just can't stand the use of bad language in comedy. I just don't see the humor in it.

Back