What is Michael's Favorite Food?

It would be great if we can post pictures of his favorite dishes, just saying :p
This are his food preferences when he traveled on airplanes :D

2wdzhg8.jpg
[/IMG]

Great thread. I heard he also loved vegetarian Feijoada, a Brazilian vegetable dish that I also love and a Brazilian friend of mine makes for me sometimes. Very delicious!! http://naturallyella.com/2010/09/26/brazilian-vegetable-feijoada/

Article about one of Michael's chefs http://www.brazzil.com/p44sep02.htm
Haha! He could be picky yes, but when he loved it, he really dug in!!

Michael really loved Brazil. :wub: Two pictures of Michael and Remi:

dona-remi_48ac72960e0fb842ffdb2077c4c86ab1.jpg

thriller-era-6-dona-remi-mike.jpg

:heart:

Today she is 83 years old. After June 25 :)cry:), she did some interviews for the Brazilian press. She said beautiful things about Michael and showed many pictures of the two together. She said she always made Brazilian food for Michael and he always loved. :heart:

They wanted wine. I see the teenagers taste was maturing!!!! I think Brazil held a special place in his heart. He went there when he was with the brothers and most have loved it dearly, because he continued to visit and perform there.

They wanted wine. I see the teenagers taste was maturing!!!! I think Brazil held a special place in his heart. He went there when he was with the brothers and most have loved it dearly, because he continued to visit and perform there.

David Gest wrote this funny story about him and Mj in his book "Simply the Gest"

Michael was staying at my place on Dohney and was happy to come along. He really respected Burt (Bacharach) but wondered, as we all did, what made him tick.

Burt had ordered a bottle of expensive French red wine, which he, Carole (Bayer Sager) and I were drinking. Michael never drank but that night he got interested in wine. Unbelievably; he didn't even know what wine was.
'What's it made of?' he asked me.
'Grapes', I said.
'I like grapes,' Michael said. 'I think I'll try some.'
So we poured Michael a glass and he drank it. He obviously liked it because he drank another one. We were drinking a 1982 Pomerol that tasted like candy, so he was bound to like it.

By this time, we all had a glass or two and the bottle was finished. So Burt ordered a second bottle. This time, Michael drank virtually the whole bottle. He had really acquired a taste for wine, fine wine at that, and was guzzling the stuff down. So we ordered a third bottle and Michael drank most of that as well. That's when i knew we were going to have a problem that night.

The evening came to an end and I drove Michael back to my place. He was, understandably, happy. In fact, he was flying high, very high. In the car he was talking and laughing. He was singing 'I Want To Be Where You Are' and 'Never Can Say Goodbye'. Then he started singing more of his hit songs like 'Ben'. He was giggling away all the time.
'You're going to be in trouble,' he said. 'I'm going to tell Joesph what you did.'
I wasn't taking the bait. 'I didn't do it, you did,' I said.
It took us a few minutes to get back to my place. The minute I parked the car and opened the door for him, Michael leaned out and threw up all over the place. He spent the rest of the night hanging over the toilet. He was as sick as a dog. I was up all night with him.
He kept saying, 'I'm going to tell Joe you corrupted me,' I was kinda worried he would but he never did.
It was his first taste of wine, something he would come to love a little too much in later years. I always felt bad about that night but it sure was funny!

Thanks for the Passenger-Profile pic, it's awesome :)
"Will try out other forms of chicken, but would still like the KFC" lol^^
I didn't know he disliked chocolate. And he rarely ate deserts?

Last edited:
David Gest wrote this funny story about him and Mj in his book "Simply the Gest"

Yeah, I remember the one gest wrote about the wine. That was funny although, I always thought Gest added to it to make it seem jucier. Just my feelings.

Michael really loved Brazil. :wub: Two pictures of Michael and Remi:

dona-remi_48ac72960e0fb842ffdb2077c4c86ab1.jpg

thriller-era-6-dona-remi-mike.jpg

:heart:

Today she is 83 years old. After June 25 :)cry:), she did some interviews for the Brazilian press. She said beautiful things about Michael and showed many pictures of the two together. She said she always made Brazilian food for Michael and he always loved. :heart:

More pictures:

46390_123937500988607_100001170744830_126577_2808645_n.jpg

46390_123937504321940_100001170744830_126578_7172066_n.jpg

In interviews she has done here in Brazil, she showed many other pictures. She is also on facebook > http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001170744830

Thanks for the pictures Ash. The Jacksons did some shows in Mexico too; I have one of the DVDs. Does know what foods he loved while in Mexico?

claudiadoina;3466092 said:
Back on topic :girl_smile:

Favorite Drink: mineral water (e.g. Evian, Perrier), fruit juice (orange), vegetable juice (carrot), Gatorade (during concerts)

Favorite Food: Kentucky Fried Chicken (original recipe), Mexican, exotic, spicy & vegetarian food, Sushi, pizza, fish, fresh fruits, popcorn, cookies and cream ice cream, sunflower seeds :), glazed doughnuts, frosted flakes with milk, M&Ms

And this an easy family favorite recipe to make and one of Michael Jackson’s favorite dips.

7layerdip.jpg

Mexican Seven Layer Bean Dip

1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1 cup Chunky salsa (any variety)
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained (1/2 cup)
1 medium tomato, diced (3/4 cup)
Tortilla chips, if desired

1. In medium bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread mixture on large platter.
2. In another medium bowl, mix cream cheese and chiles. Carefully spread over bean mixture.
3. Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.

OMG that looks nummy! Sounds like something my mom would make :) Sometimes I think he would have liked some of the things my mom would make and that she makes very well :lol:

I thought I could post this here just in case there is somebody who didn't know about this

In 1993, Michael wrote the introduction to a cookbook for families published by Neiman Marcus, Pigtails and Frog Legs.

To a child, food is something special. It isn’t just a delicious taste or the vitamins that build a healthy body. Food is love and caring, security and hope — all the things that a food family can provide. Remember when you were little and your mother made a pie for you? When she cut a slice and put it on your plate, she was giving you a bit of herself, in the form of her love. She made your hunger go away, and when you were full and satisfied, everything seemed all right. Because that satisfied feeling was in the pie, you were nourished from a deep level. Food is something we all need physically, but so is love, the deeper nourishment, that turns into who we are.

Think about how necessary it is to nourish a child with a bit of yourself when you use this book. It is full of delicious things. Every recipe has an extra ingredient of caring, because the people who wrote them were thinking of the children. They were specially thinking of those who aren’t able to take nourishment for granted because they are poor, sick or disabled. These are the children who need food to heal. The theme of ‘Heal the World’, which has been close to my heart, is the central theme of this book, also. Here are recipes for the spirit. Please make them with that in mind. Your child is growing spirit that can be knit strong with love. When you break an egg and measure a cup of flour, you are magically mixing the gift of life. The food’s proteins and minerals will turn into bones and muscles, but your feeling as you cook will turn directly into a soul.

It makes me happy to think that the needs of children’s spirits are at last becoming important in this world. Children have no power to end wars directly or to mend age-old differences.

All they can do is be themselves, to shine with gratitude and joy when love is turned their way. Yet isn’t that ultimately the greatest power? In the eyes of a child you become the source of joy, which lifts you into the special category of caregiver and life-provider. You may think that your apple pie has only sugar and spice in it. A child is wiser — with the first bite, he knows that this special dish is the essence of your love.

Enjoy!

— Michael Jackson, 1993 :heart:

OMG! I had no idea about this book.
Thanks so much for this post, Claudiadoina.

The last paragraph it's simply genius.
This also can be posted in "MJ smartest quotes"

The man never ceases to amaze me :)

Last edited:
OMG! I had no idea about this book.
Thanks so much for this post, Claudiadoina.

The last paragraph it's simply genius.
This also can be posted in "MJ smartest quotes"

The man never ceases to amaze me :)

Exactly my thoughts.But in the end I couldn't decide wich paragraph to choose :)

claudiadoina;3484677 said:
I thought I could post this here just in case there is somebody who didn't know about this

In 1993, Michael wrote the introduction to a cookbook for families published by Neiman Marcus, Pigtails and Frog Legs.

To a child, food is something special. It isn’t just a delicious taste or the vitamins that build a healthy body. Food is love and caring, security and hope — all the things that a food family can provide. Remember when you were little and your mother made a pie for you? When she cut a slice and put it on your plate, she was giving you a bit of herself, in the form of her love. She made your hunger go away, and when you were full and satisfied, everything seemed all right. Because that satisfied feeling was in the pie, you were nourished from a deep level. Food is something we all need physically, but so is love, the deeper nourishment, that turns into who we are.

Think about how necessary it is to nourish a child with a bit of yourself when you use this book. It is full of delicious things. Every recipe has an extra ingredient of caring, because the people who wrote them were thinking of the children. They were specially thinking of those who aren’t able to take nourishment for granted because they are poor, sick or disabled. These are the children who need food to heal. The theme of ‘Heal the World’, which has been close to my heart, is the central theme of this book, also. Here are recipes for the spirit. Please make them with that in mind. Your child is growing spirit that can be knit strong with love. When you break an egg and measure a cup of flour, you are magically mixing the gift of life. The food’s proteins and minerals will turn into bones and muscles, but your feeling as you cook will turn directly into a soul.

It makes me happy to think that the needs of children’s spirits are at last becoming important in this world. Children have no power to end wars directly or to mend age-old differences.

All they can do is be themselves, to shine with gratitude and joy when love is turned their way. Yet isn’t that ultimately the greatest power? In the eyes of a child you become the source of joy, which lifts you into the special category of caregiver and life-provider. You may think that your apple pie has only sugar and spice in it. A child is wiser — with the first bite, he knows that this special dish is the essence of your love.

Enjoy!

— Michael Jackson, 1993 :heart:

I never knew that! :wild: I loved it. :heart: Thanks for posting! ;)

Interview by Randy J. Taraborrelli (1978)

The house, which they had lived in since 1971, was a combination pale yellow, soft green, and white, a reflection of Katherine’s warm personality. She was gregarious, friendly, and she had a benevolent glow about her. She told me she had decorated the house herself as an assignment for a home-decorating class. She mentioned that Michael’s favorite foods were hot apple turnovers and sweet potato pies.

“Only now I can’t get him to eat anything. I try and try,” she said, shrugging her shoulders. “I keep thinking he’ll eat when he gets hungry, but the boy never gets hungry. Have you noticed how skinny he is? It worries me.”

This was posted by somebody on another forum

Just saw Lenny Kravitz in Spain, he said to think he went to see him perform at the age of 8 and after so much time he never thought he would work with him and that was incredible. said how perfectionist Michael is and professional since a very early age and the most funny guy he have known, they laughed all the week and he said that Michael ate A LOT!. The interwierer in disbelieve because Michael was so thin, and Lenny said yeah I was surprised too! he really ate! and that was always delivered Mexican food ' burrito, taco, enchiladas'.

Look what I've found:clapping:
This is from 88 Japan and the girl with the hat is the SOOML girl form Yokohama 87.

Pardon my English since my first language is Japanese.

Wow I really appreciate your post here.
However, this girl with the hat is not the girl from Yokohama.She is a pop singer named Yoko Oginome.

And the girl from Yokohama is a voice actress named Michie Tomizawa. She's famous for being a big MJ fan.
She worked in this Japanese cartoon, "Crayon Shin chan. :)

CrayonShinchan1.jpg

Again, thank you for sharing this video,claudiadoina. It brings back many good memories...

Pardon my English since my first language is Japanese.

Wow I really appreciate your post here.
However, this girl with the hat is not the girl from Yokohama.She is a pop singer named Yoko Oginome.

And the girl from Yokohama is a voice actress named Michie Tomizawa. She's famous for being a big MJ fan.
She worked in this Japanese cartoon, "Crayon Shin chan. :)

Again, thank you for sharing this video,claudiadoina. It brings back many good memories...

Thanks for the clarification, but are you sure? Because, I don't want to sound ignorant but, it looks like the same girl to me.Maybe the hat? :scratch:
At 3:09

Thanks for the clarification, but are you sure?

Yees, I am. :)

In the video where they're showing MJ's dinner, the lady in the middle says her name,"Yoko".
At 0:56, she says, "Yoko, Do you want some?". (I know she speaks so fast though. )

I heard the girl from Yokohama once appeared a TV show and was talking about this
while showing a newspaper article that had a picture of herself being hugged/kissed by
Michael at that time.
I tried to find that footage on the net but unfortunately I couldn't. :(

Because, I don't want to sound ignorant but, it looks like the same girl to me.Maybe the hat? :scratch:
At 3:09

Oh no, you didn't sound ignorant AT ALL. I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I never meant to do it.
I hope my post will help you better understand.:)

Well I guess that when it comes to food I've to say is that before someone dies so young. They got a craving for food to eat even when it comes to Michael Jackson even when he's hurgary so whats his favorite food?
i think he liked m&ms and he would pick out the brown ones because they werent a part of the rainbow? and we cant forget about orange juice!!!!šŸ˜. also grapes and watermelon. his chef said that would be the first ones he would take from a fruit plate. he would also throw grapes at karen faye hahha

You'll find plenty of food here

Mexican, Indian and Italian. He loved Spaghetti Bolognese, at least IĀ“ve seen him finish a whole plate and saying he want it the next day again. And of course KFC.
yayyyyyy i love spaghetti bolognse too!!! and kfc ... two thimgs me and mj have in common

Mexican, Indian and Italian. He loved Spaghetti Bolognese, at least IĀ“ve seen him finish a whole plate and saying he want it the next day again. And of course KFC.
I wonder where this person have seen this?

Back