What is your least favourite MJ song?

BadTour87

Proud Member
It has to be Privacy for me. The intro alone makes me literally want to die.

I have a few, mostly from the Dangerous and HIStory albums. I love most of the new tracks from Blood on the Dance Floor, but can't stand remixes in general.

Girlfriend
P.Y.T.
In the Closet
Can't Let Her Get Away
This Time Around
Money
Tabloid Junkie (chorus rocks, verses unintelligible)
2 Bad
Little Susie
Invincible (title track only; rest of album's very good)

I have a few, mostly from the Dangerous and HIStory albums. I love most of the new tracks from Blood on the Dance Floor, but can't stand remixes in general.

Girlfriend
P.Y.T.
In the Closet
Can't Let Her Get Away
This Time Around
Money
Tabloid Junkie (chorus rocks, verses unintelligible)
2 Bad
Little Susie
Invincible (title track only; rest of album's very good)

I agree, the remixes are terrible in my opinion. The only songs from your list that I dislike are Little Susie and 2 Bad.

And yes, the vocals on Tabloid Junkie should've been raised. Michael seemed to do that in a lot of his Dangerous/HIStory songs for some odd reason.

I'd have to go with an unfinished track.. though I love hearing them, when they sound incomplete and sometimes lyrics are not put together fully it sounds off.. BUT worsts for Michael is still better than any other to me.. So! take it how you want..

Wothout counting the demos, which I don't feel the need to hear often (unless it's Someone Put Your Hand Out or I'm So Blue), the worst song is probably You Are My Life, which is pretty good but not as good as the rest of them

Hmm, the songs I most often skip is Privacy and 2000 Watts.

I can't believe you can not like Little Susie..?? :coockoo: - So emotional and the musical arrangement is amazing...

I have always liked Money very much - they way the song changes every time it hits the chorous. I love that song. :)

I can't believe you can not like Little Susie..?? :coockoo: - So emotional and the musical arrangement is amazing...

I have always liked Money very much - they way the song changes every time it hits the chorous. I love that song. :)

I usually skip over She's Out of My Life and other slow songs. The only slow song by MJ I really like is Smile.

This is the exact reason why I don't like it. I'm not into emotional songs :(

There are not many here, most are just so good, but for me it has to be Much too soon off Michael, just lifeless and never gets going.

I know I should not criticise other choices, but Break of Dawn, I mean really that song is incredible.

I pretty much L.O.V.E. all of Michael's songs. Back when we still had him I did. Except for the song The Girl Is Mine. is one song that I practically hate. Personally Got The Hots should had replaced that song. Back when the Thriller album came out. But now because of what had happen to him. I now hate the following MJ songs:

MITM
GTS
HCW
YANA
WYBT
HTW
Jam

I used to really L.O.V.E. these songs back when we still had him. They were some of my most played MJ songs. Well all except for GTS. But now there is no way I will ever listen to these songs ever again. Not with my depression over what had happen to him being the way it is now.:( :boohoo And I so totally miss listening to these songs. Especially Jam and MITM. But it was Michael's Jam performance that was shown on the 6:30 pm news. On that horrible June day. When I had gotten the worst news ever about him. And MITM that song has been pure 100% poison to me ever since 7-7-09.:( :boohoo But thanks to that evil monster my Bollywood music has since totally replaced his music. I haven't listen to a single MJ song since September of last year. And I can't tell you how much I still miss listening to him. As well as watching him.:( :boohoo

I am going to make myself unpopular hre, but many of the big hits are not my favourite, not because they are bad songs, but because I have heard them so many times, I am tired of them. Big hit high quality songs can be divided into 2 groups, the ones you can never get enough of and the others whihc are dine t death and tire you out.

For me the latter are more common. I agree that the song Thriller is an epic and the video is incredible, but after 8000 listens I am tired of it and hardly ever listen to it now, same with the songs Bad, Remember the Time, Black or white (The long opening is tiresome after a while), Scream, Childhood, etc. I know its mean, but I love listening tonew songs all the time and the less successful stuff I know was good, hence why I think Invincible is such a great album, it was under promoted and I really Think Michael's voice had a real depth and maturity to it lacking on other records - I mean Break of Dawn is amazing, if nothing else, its Michael's voice in that song, it blows me away, so deep so full and well multi tracked and you can believe every word he is singing.

So I will say Thriller, Bad, Black or White, Remember the Time and Dirty Diana as my least favourite to listen to, but I know these songs are incredible. I even feel the same way with big Prince hits like 1999, Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret (I have heard the Purple Rain album so many times, I barely play it now, but Emancipation and Hitnrun Phase 2 are a different story, can't get enough of them).

Yet don't forget the super hits I can never get enough of, like Billie Jean and Beat it, those two are just untouchable along with Man in the Mirror, The way you make me feel, DSTYGE, Smooth Criminal, WYBT, Who is it, You are not alone, Butterflies and Cry.

Please forgive me, but I know some of you are not listening to Thriller (The song) all the time either (Okay watching the video, but just the song?)

Please forgive me, but I know some of you are not listening to Thriller (The song) all the time either (Okay watching the video, but just the song?)

Focusing on just my MJ listening habits, I listen to Thriller the song quite a bit tbh. Certainly way more than I watch the short film, it's a fantastic pop song. Sometimes I'll shift it with this cleaned-up version I have of the This Is It performance, since I love the instrumental at the end for dancing.

I get what you mean earlier though about getting tired of overplayed songs. Generally I'll find I sometimes won't play some songs for a while, then I'll come back a few months later and be drenched in euphoric bliss at how good it is hahaha.

"Give in to me" and "For all time" they are my favorite songs :clapping:

Just Good Friends
I can't help it
She Drives Me Wild
Come Together
This Time Around
Privacy
Invincible
Heaven Can Wait
Cry
Another Day
Chicago remix

Only really dislike Another Day, Heaven Can Wait, TTA and SDMW from the above list.

Last edited:
There are a few unfinished songs I don't care for much... 'Beautiful Girl' being one.. I think some songs simply when in the creation stage lack substance but have potential another would be PYT demo..

When he goes too far into melodrama he loses me, so something like Little Susie or All the lost children would probably be my choice.
He doesn't have many songs that I actively dislike really. I can pretty much go from the beginning of Off the Wall to the end of Dangerous and not have to skip a track. Obviously along the way there's some songs I like less than others, but I love his voice so much that he could probably recite a newspaper article about a plane crash and I'd hum along.

Oh, and disliking Break of Dawn? Surely that's a felony...

I have a few, for various reasons...

Girlfriend
P.Y.T.
In the Closet
This Time Around
Money
Tabloid Junkie (verses)
Little Susie
Blue Gangsta

Oh, and disliking Break of Dawn? Surely that's a felony...

no it's not. it's actually ok for someone to not like the same things you like. that's not a "felony" . Theres nothing wrong with that

Last edited:
Privacy
You Are My Life
2000 Watts

And all three are right after one another on Invincible!

Back