What is Your Race/Ethnicity?

What is Your Race/Ethnicity?

• Total voters
AstralRomance;4100062 said:
I am white and it is impossible for me to get tanned for some reason :(. So people make jokes about my skin color.

*INTERNET HIGH FIVE*

Thankfully, noone is making jokes about my pasty whiteness and all those freckles anymore. Although my legs almost glow in the dark when I wear a skirt. lol
I do not even want to try getting tanned anymore, it´s too painful and too dangerous. I like my skin as it is today.

Who is making jokes about you? Some dumb people I assume :-(

Re: Which ethnicity are you?

Eastern European white, Czech. Also approximately 1/8 German and 1/8 Jewish (Ashkenazi and Sephardi - my acestors probably travelled from Spain or Portugal through Egypt, Turkey, Bulgaria, Russia, the Ukraine and Poland to Czechia).

interesting poll results. But not surprising

I'm half arab (Libyan) and half Italian (sicilian) !! it always intrigued me that the two cities each side of my family come from are so close but from different countries.. Moms family from Palermo Sicily and my dad from Tripoli Libya! and they met in Madison Wisconsin..

I'm half arab (Libyan) and half Italian (sicilian) !! it always intrigued me that the two cities each side of my family come from are so close but from different countries.. Moms family from Palermo Sicily and my dad from Tripoli Libya! and they met in Madison Wisconsin..

Wow... They travelled such a long distance to find each other :)

White with a sun tan as i now live in spain! Born in wales, english born parents scottish born grandmother. Half jewish with polish/prussian ancestory from the jewish side of the family before they came to the uk at the start of the 20th century.

I'm white (mostly Irish, Polish, British and Scandinavian) but I'm also Lebanese on my father's side, so I took that ancestry DNA test to see what else might come up and was shocked to learn I've also got some Southern Asian heritage as well. I wish it was more specific, but that's pretty cool!

As far as I know, I am 100% Black :) . I was born in Paris, I am French. Both of my parents are from Ivory Coast. From two different tribes, though :
my mother is Bété (Southwest of Ivory Coast) and my father is Ébrié (Abidjan region; Southeast of Ivory Coast).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I've said I'm half arab and half Italian.. but as I look down, I think I might be part horse.. Not sure!!

I chose the option 'other' the first time I commented because I assume I'm mostly Mexican but I have an Italian ancestry, my last name is Guido and some people have told me I look Italian. I'd love to take that DNA test ancestry to know if I'm right about being mostly Mexican though.

You tell me if they're wrong.
14141720_1088986917856237_4840504942174759509_n.jpg

I chose the option 'other' the first time I commented because I assume I'm mostly Mexican but I have an Italian ancestry, my last name is Guido and some people have told me I look Italian. I'd love to take that DNA test ancestry to know if I'm right about being mostly Mexican though.

You tell me if they're wrong.
14141720_1088986917856237_4840504942174759509_n.jpg

You look a bit like one of my university lecturers that came from Puerto Rico. I don't know if she has Mexican heritage, but her nephew was named after Pancho Villa.

Can be more specific now, I bought one of those Ancestry DNA tests and got the results back. Not 100% sure of accuracy as it says I am only 4% British, yet I have 2 confirmed English great grandparents born in England!

Anyway here it is.

Human - 100% No animal or plant DNA was detected!:D

Polynesian (Maori DNA) 29% + 2 % East Asian (This would be proto Polynesian or Taiwanese Aboriginal blood, as Polynesians are all descended from Neolithic Chinese and Taiwanese aborigines from some 5 - 6000 years ago) = 31% Maori (More than I thought)

European 69% This is where it gets real exotic,
Ireland 44%
Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland) 11%
English 4%
Western Europe (France, Germany, Dutch - Teutonic) 3%
Spanish/Portuguese - Iberian 3% (Often this is lumped in with Irish as many Irish have Spanish blood from mixing during the Spanish armada, crossing of Cletic and Iberian bloodlines)
East European 2% (Slavic)
Italian 1%
Greek and Finno Ugaric/Saami less than 1%

Native American and Sub Sahara Africa - none detected.

I never knew I was so exotic and probably many so called "White" people would find out the same thing, far from being pure they would be a mish mash of all types of European peoples.

Has anyone else done one of these things (Warning they are not cheap and you may have to give up a few Michael Jackson items to get one)

MJI am Japanese.
MJ is happy that he said "Japanese babies are cute."

I'm white (mostly Irish, Polish, British and Scandinavian) but I'm also Lebanese on my father's side, so I took that ancestry DNA test to see what else might come up and was shocked to learn I've also got some Southern Asian heritage as well. I wish it was more specific, but that's pretty cool!

Can be more specific now, I bought one of those Ancestry DNA tests and got the results back. Not 100% sure of accuracy as it says I am only 4% British, yet I have 2 confirmed English great grandparents born in England!

Anyway here it is.

Human - 100% No animal or plant DNA was detected!:D

Polynesian (Maori DNA) 29% + 2 % East Asian (This would be proto Polynesian or Taiwanese Aboriginal blood, as Polynesians are all descended from Neolithic Chinese and Taiwanese aborigines from some 5 - 6000 years ago) = 31% Maori (More than I thought)

European 69% This is where it gets real exotic,
Ireland 44%
Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland) 11%
English 4%
Western Europe (France, Germany, Dutch - Teutonic) 3%
Spanish/Portuguese - Iberian 3% (Often this is lumped in with Irish as many Irish have Spanish blood from mixing during the Spanish armada, crossing of Cletic and Iberian bloodlines)
East European 2% (Slavic)
Italian 1%
Greek and Finno Ugaric/Saami less than 1%

Native American and Sub Sahara Africa - none detected.

I never knew I was so exotic and probably many so called "White" people would find out the same thing, far from being pure they would be a mish mash of all types of European peoples.

Has anyone else done one of these things (Warning they are not cheap and you may have to give up a few Michael Jackson items to get one)

I took the test as well and got my results back just last week!

A note for anyone thinking of taking this test: When you receive your results, you get percentages of different regions, not specific countries. Since I already had a general knowledge of my ethnic background, I was able to put different countries with the regions that were listed. Also, the results are supposed to represent your ethnicity going back thousands of years.

I figured there wasn't going to be any ancestry outside of Europe. I was still hoping for some little surprise somewhere and I got a couple.

46% UK/Wales (Scottish)
19% Eastern Europe (Polish)
15% Irish
7%

I'm Native American Cherokee & Cree Indian, from my mom's Side. And: British, Irish, Dutch, German, French, Scottish... okay i'll just say, European on my dad's side! LOL ;) :D

I took the test as well and got my results back just last week!

A note for anyone thinking of taking this test: When you receive your results, you get percentages of different regions, not specific countries. Since I already had a general knowledge of my ethnic background, I was able to put different countries with the regions that were listed. Also, the results are supposed to represent your ethnicity going back thousands of years.

I figured there wasn't going to be any ancestry outside of Europe. I was still hoping for some little surprise somewhere and I got a couple.

46% UK/Wales (Scottish)
19% Eastern Europe (Polish)
15% Irish
7%

considering my moms dad is from Sicily, Italy and my dad is from Triploi, Libya I am sure there is more common blood that I realize as a kid. historically and geographically there had to be genetic connections.. The two towns are only 328 miles apart!

I'm black . I've always wanted to take an Ancestry test.

I have Spanish Ancestry and maybe some Native American... Not sure what my Mom's family is.

Which ethnicity are you?

White. Part Asian (according to my brother). Part German (according to my father). Part Native American (according to my mother).

Basically, my ancestory is very fuzzy.

MykalsBaby;4196923 said:

How does such a test work? It sounds quite expensive ...

I assume you have to donate some DNA / body tissue.

I´m very interested in my ancestry, mainly because I am so curious if I do have ancestry beyond the borders of north west Germany

CowPyschology.gif
search
search
search
:lol:

I don't trust the mail order ancestry tests. I think they're a scam. I don't see how DNA sampling can be done properly through the mail and I also see very similar or very odd/puzzling results for a wide range of people who post their results on social media and then talk about it. The Iberian Peninsula (in other words, Southwestern Europe) is mentioned a LOT (probably more than is reasonable).

Me too. Nice to meet you. But why do you prefer african american?

Back