What Should Be The Opening Song? (Merged)

pleas let´s just forget invincible!...I hope he don´t play one song from that album. it´s a horrible period for us and for mj. I think Jam still be a good opner. very powerfull.

I also want mj to stp making music where he complains how bad everyone is to him. The best song from mj is the song´s where he has positive massages...

chaos, thats true!! he made loads new routines for vince, and unfortunatly never got the chance to show them off, now is his time!

Terry

The opening song needs to be a song like 2000 Watts. Nothing but high energy. Like Jam of the 21st century.

Then do WBSS as usual, then follow with Unbreakable. Then take it to a slow song.

@akonmj

Excuse me, what? That time has passed? Michael can't perform Unbreakable because he isn't hounded 24/7? So should MJ stop singing songs that have to do with his life at all?

Billie Jean's baby is at least 25 years old now. Should Michael stop singing about her since the kid is grown and gone?

lmao :lol:
I completely agree.
Invincible is a great album and those who think otherwise really can't be true fans of MUSIC.
I mean, Michael's upbeat fast tracks are lovely...but the many sweet and down-to-earth songs in Invincble are like the softest and subtle forms of love and magic.

so the opening song should be something like for all time, she's out of my life or gone too soon.

Not in the slightest, if you read the person stated the WHOLE tour, I was simply saying thats not the message for this tour, Michael didn't go at this guns blazin, he didn't know what to expect, The tag is This Is It, thats it, its a goodbye

pleas let´s just forget invincible!...I hope he don´t play one song from that album. it´s a horrible period for us and for mj. I think Jam still be a good opner. very powerfull.

I also want mj to stp making music where he complains how bad everyone is to him. The best song from mj is the song´s where he has positive massages...

:(

OMG, a horrible period? Invincible is a great album. Unbreakable is more powerful than Jam, so please Mike use unbreakable!

Re: Who else thinks 'Unbreakable' should kick off the This Is It tour?

lol, I am gonna give you guys a little preview of how it would be like if MJ kicked off with that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMO53LhLqMw

Please Michael, do songs from Invincible.

Its so underrated that album. Deserves a lot more credit.

Wow, thats so great! It almost gave me goose bumps. I can just imagine him breakin' it down to that song :wub:

Okay,I think that Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' should be an opener.BUT,INSTEAD,Mix it with the Unbreakable instrumental and when it gets to the rap part,a screen shows Biggie rapping,and then,it goes back to the song.Pretty cool idea,huh?

"We are here to change the world" would be quite cool as an opener with a lot of dancers!
Or would actually also be cool as the last song....
I don't know. Just want to hear it live. hehe

There is a slight difference between Billie Jean & Unbreakable...............Billie Jean is legend, unbreakable is NOT! again if he opened with this song the public would feel alieanated, the tour will open on a familiar number!

LOL, thats not quite what the show is about ;)
Unstoppable, considering he plans on retiring after this venture
The tour is about celebrating his career, a farewell to the fans & people who remember him, its not a driving force, its a goodbye

Actually yes. The "This is it" concept was a selling stunt, to get all the fans to go nuts over tickets. You think MJ is done? Hell no!

He is back to prove himself for a new generation, and to the people who doomed his failure after the trial.

Unbreakable is the message Michael is sending, and I am 100% positive he will do this song.

It is one of his favorites from the Invincible album.

And people, its ok you don`t like Invincible but don`t say it is a bad album and that it was not good for the fans. You don`t speak for the majority.

Invincible is one of my favorite albums, and I`ve been a fan since the Bad era.

sometime ago i dreamt about the perfect show. well, at least my personal perfect show.

1. Smile
2. Another part of me
3. Black or white
4. Leave me alone
Interlude: Who is it
5. Dirty Diana
6. Blood on the dance floor
7. Give into me
8. Whatever happens
9. Billie Jean
Interlude: The way you make me feel
10. Speechless
11. The girl is mine 2008
12. You rock my world (rock)
13. Butterflies
14. Rock with you (Frankie’s Favorite Club Mix)
Interlude: Childhood
15. I wanna be where you are (the jacksons:an american dream soundtrack version)
16. Rockin Robin
17. Blame it on the boogie
18. Music and me
Interlude:Jam
19. Unbreakable
20. Money
21. Bad
Interlude
22. 2000 watts
23. History (Tony Moran’s history lesson)
24. Don’t stop til you get enough

I feel like the only fan that DOESN'T want to hear Unbreakable at the concert. :mellow: I'd want him to go back to basics and open with WBSS. :wub:

Unbreakable is a perfect song and INVINCIBLE like HISTORY and the 5 first songs of BOTDF are what michael jackson't music is about. The Invincible album is amazingly produced and like somebody here said it has to be heard to hear all the layers in the songs they are amazing. Just listen to 2000 watts, threatened, unbreakable or even heartbreaker on a very good system or very good headphones and it's incredible all the ART that's behind those songs. INVINCIBLE is the LOVE album of MJ All the songs practicaly talk about love in up tempo or low tempo. And the production is taken to the max level. You just have to listen to it carefully. It just didn't have the impact that Bad, Thriller or Dangerous did because it didn't create any really new thing and cuz of the NO promo.

Unbreakable!!! Hell yeah! It would be make a great 1st statement like, "I'm back. Haters better go rest now!"

Dont Stop 'Til You Get Enough, i reckon that'll get everyone in the mood.

'invincible' or 'jam' would be the best for the opening!
in my opinion, it is the best song from the entire album :)

Hell no to Unbreakable..Dont Stop til you Get Enough gets my vote. It would be explosive and get the whole crowd going. Unbreakable could never be the opener, its not well known to non fans.

I'd like to see Another Part Of Me be the opening song. I'm not sure why but i think it will work quite well

Hell no to Unbreakable..Dont Stop til you Get Enough gets my vote. It would be explosive and get the whole crowd going. Unbreakable could never be the opener, its not well known to non fans.

But at these concerts wouldn't most of the people there be MJ fans anyway?

That is the beauty of it. No one knows it, and it is catchy as hell. People will go, "what is that song, I love it!" And they will run and buy the Invincible album.

It doesn`t matter if the song is known, as long as it has the right touch to be a kickoff song.

Michael has used, Wanna Be Startin Somethin, Jam, Scream. Only one left is Unbreakable.

Don`t Stop Till You Get Enough is not a good opening song, and you can count on the fact that MJ won`t use it.

But at these concerts wouldn't most of the people there be MJ fans anyway?

I imagine the audience will be a mixed bag, dedicated fans, fans of the old stuff, those there out of interest or intrigue. Unbreakable isnt known to many fans of old school Michael and I dont believe its good enough to kickstart the shows, you need something familiar imo.

Back