What Should Be The Opening Song? (Merged)

Re: Who else thinks 'Unbreakable' should kick off the This Is It tour?

I think unbreakable is a perfect opening song. I love the music and tune of the song.

However...

I think the chorus is just disgusting, and I don't think anyone but the fans would enjoy it that much. I hate the way the lyrics are sung. I just think it sounds very ugly! I also don't think it would be a good idea for MJ after all these years to get on stage and start bashing people (like the haters) for a first song with the chorus of Unbreakable. He needs to attract people to these concerts not push people away.

From Invincible I would love to see You Rock My World, and Don't Walk Away. Maybe Speechless too but I think it's a bit short for the concert!

He needs to start the concert with a well-known song e.g Scream, Can You Feel It.

But if anything, he will probaly play a new song first :)

no i dont think that unbrekable is well known enough by the randoms to be an opener. fair enough if it was rammed with us hardcore fans then it would be amazing but i feel a song like 'rock with you' or 'the way you make me feel' or 'black or white' to kick off the show necause there well known songs but not key to the set like smooth crim billie jean or thriller. but uptempo enough to make the crowd go nuts. difficult choice even for MJ i think.

Yeah, Unbreakable would be nice. I would die if he included Speechless somewhere in the show too. OMG!

You guys are probably going to hate me for saying this, but i'd much rather he opened with 'You Rock My World' as a message to his fans than 'Unbreakable' as a message to his haters. It should be a completely positive show; no negative messages and no children on stage singing. Just my opinion on this.

You guys are probably going to hate me for saying this, but i'd much rather he opened with 'You Rock My World' as a message to his fans than 'Unbreakable' as a message to his haters. It should be a completely positive show; no negative messages and no children on stage singing. Just my opinion on this.

I kind of agree with you on that:yes: Even though I love the thought of Unbreakable as the opening, maybe it would be better just to... I don't know, just have a complete positive show? That is actually also a message to the haters in one way, that he's greater than ever...

I don't know, and I don't really care. Unbreakable or whatever song he wants... as long as he's happy and I get to see him preform :D

Opening song? Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'? Good Idea.....

Who think Wanna Be Startin Somethin should be the opener? I mean it wa sfor Vic, bad & 30th Anniversary? Also second on Dangerous & 2nd After the opening Medley on HIStory! The three snares and the bassline kicking in? thats a perfect opener

I kind of agree with you on that:yes: Even though I love the thought of Unbreakable as the opening, maybe it would be better just to... I don't know, just have a complete positive show? That is actually also a message to the haters in one way, that he's greater than ever...

I don't know, and I don't really care. Unbreakable or whatever song he wants... as long as he's happy and I get to see him preform :D

I'm glad you see what i mean, and don't hate me for it :p and yes, by performing songs with all positive messages, he'll not only put on a great show but make everyone feel good. I'd rather not be leaving the show thinking about how he's been treated in the past, but how he's come so far as to perform again after all these years and perform absolutely amazingly! :D

I'm glad you see what i mean, and don't hate me for it :p and yes, by performing songs with all positive messages, he'll not only put on a great show but make everyone feel good. I'd rather not be leaving the show thinking about how he's been treated in the past, but how he's come so far as to perform again after all these years and perform absolutely amazingly! :D

.... and there you took the words out of my mouth haha :D So true, and I totally agree:clapping:

Can you feel it would be cool too, as a opener...

Re: Opening song? Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'? Good Idea.....

Who think Wanna Be Startin Somethin should be the opener? I mean it wa sfor Vic, bad & 30th Anniversary? Also second on Dangerous & 2nd After the opening Medley on HIStory! The three snares and the bassline kicking in? thats a perfect opener

i would love for him to go back to opening with this

I'd love to go back to the good ol' days with Wanna Be Startin Somethin as an opening, or Jam!

I never liked Scream as an opening, thought it was a bit of a weak song as an opening! :p

He is playing the songs his fans want to hear. This isnt about the randoms , this is about Michael and his fans .The fans all love this song and respond greatly to it.... Perfect Opener for the concert in my opinion :)

lol, I am gonna give you guys a little preview of how it would be like if MJ kicked off with that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMO53LhLqMw

Please Michael, do songs from Invincible.

Its so underrated that album. Deserves a lot more credit.

This sounds like it really could be a live version. I like the audience and the sound effects the person did. I think Unbreakable would be great as an opener, especially if the intro was tweaked a bit to be bigger. But I have a feeling he may make the new single the opener. He did that with the Dangerous and History tours. As for the "songs the fans want to hear", that could be referring to new music, as in we have been waiting and wanting for a very long time. Just my thoughts.

I mean, either that or I Wanna Be Where You Are (except for that one only the first four lines are completely compatible).
With 'Unbreakable' it's like kicking even more dust into the faces of the haters.

You can't believe it
You can't concieve it
And you can't touch me
'Cause I'm untouchable
And I know you hate it
And you can't take it
You'll never break me
'Cause I'm unbreakable

That is so telling the effing doubters that he can STILL manage to sell out all his 50 shows without so much as a lift of a pinky. Honestly.
And he can DEFINATELY manage to make them the BEST shows in HISTORY!!!

That is what I've been talking about!! LOVE this song!! He should start off with this one...!!

Re: Opening song? Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'? Good Idea.....

Unbreakable should be first, and then this second :D

Unbreakable would suck for an opener! 2 Reasons

1: The song is a terrible choice, it would be hard to play live, the tempo is way too slow for an opener! Plus the lyrics don't fit! This isn't about Michael singings "I am unbreakabl" "You'll never get me" that time has passed, the concert is about celebrating his musical career!

2: Not many people know the song! will you have a crowd singing along to it? No, thats why I stand by and say Startin Somethin would be a great choice, Fast tempo, simple bass, quick snap drumming, tailored to how he wants it, for singing & dancing, its always been THE opener, even on DWT & History its always been the first live sung song!

How many Invincible songs made it into the King Of Pop Album??????? Not many, thats because not alot of public know them! Simple and plain Unbreakable would be maybe one of the worse openers, people want an instantly recognisable song thats up tempo with a message "YOU WANNA BE STARTIN SOMETIN"

Unbreakable would suck for an opener! 2 Reasons

1: The song is a terrible choice, it would be hard to play live, the tempo is way too slow for an opener! Plus the lyrics don't fit! This isn't about Michael singings "I am unbreakabl" "You'll never get me" that time has passed, the concert is about celebrating his musical career!

2: Not many people know the song! will you have a crowd singing along to it? No, thats why I stand by and say Startin Somethin would be a great choice, Fast tempo, simple bass, quick snap drumming, tailored to how he wants it, for singing & dancing, its always been THE opener, even on DWT & History its always been the first live sung song!

How many Invincible songs made it into the King Of Pop Album??????? Not many, thats because not alot of public know them! Simple and plain Unbreakable would be maybe one of the worse openers, people want an instantly recognisable song thats up tempo with a message "YOU WANNA BE STARTIN SOMETIN"

We need to get out of the habit of thinking that if there's no music video or single for the song it is not popular and "many people won't know it."

The opening song needs to be a song like 2000 Watts. Nothing but high energy. Like Jam of the 21st century.

Then do WBSS as usual, then follow with Unbreakable. Then take it to a slow song.

@akonmj

Excuse me, what? That time has passed? Michael can't perform Unbreakable because he isn't hounded 24/7? So should MJ stop singing songs that have to do with his life at all?

Billie Jean's baby is at least 25 years old now. Should Michael stop singing about her since the kid is grown and gone?

If the neighbors have a party and play crappy music so loud I can`t hear myself think, I usually put on Unbreakable and play it on full volume.

The bass hook just kills them. lol

"Cause I`m Unbreakable"

And for the lyrics it is THE most fitting song to play.

The entire tour is about Michael being unstoppable, untouchable and unbreakable.

I see the concerts as Michaels answer to the haters, and it goes something like this. "Kiss my mo****f*****g ass!"

Aoow!

Im torn.... Billie Jean could be awesome with a really big hype like at the 30th anniversary concert! Unbreakable also sounds good.... But I do kinda agree with AkonMJ a little bit, these shows are different and I think a classic as an opener would be better!

I don't know. Hard to choose. Glad I'm not the one who's going to pick the opening song.!!

Wanna Be Startin' Something would be cool though.

We need to get out of the habit of thinking that if there's no music video or single for the song it is not popular and "many people won't know it."

Oh here we go, I knew this would come up, the old invincible thing, but lets face it WHO knows Unbreakable, not many people in the public, is it on the radio? do you hear people playing it in their cars? no one knows the lyrics end of, its not a popular song! Michael will NEVER start with Unbreakable EVER! People need a familiar song to start with, get the fans & public going

The opening song needs to be a song like 2000 Watts. Nothing but high energy. Like Jam of the 21st century.

Then do WBSS as usual, then follow with Unbreakable. Then take it to a slow song.

@akonmj

Excuse me, what? That time has passed? Michael can't perform Unbreakable because he isn't hounded 24/7? So should MJ stop singing songs that have to do with his life at all?

Billie Jean's baby is at least 25 years old now. Should Michael stop singing about her since the kid is grown and gone?

There is a slight difference between Billie Jean & Unbreakable...............Billie Jean is legend, unbreakable is NOT! again if he opened with this song the public would feel alieanated, the tour will open on a familiar number!

The entire tour is about Michael being unstoppable, untouchable and unbreakable.

LOL, thats not quite what the show is about ;)
Unstoppable, considering he plans on retiring after this venture
The tour is about celebrating his career, a farewell to the fans & people who remember him, its not a driving force, its a goodbye

There is a slight difference between Billie Jean & Unbreakable...............Billie Jean is legend, unbreakable is NOT! again if he opened with this song the public would feel alieanated, the tour will open on a familiar number!

LOL, thats not quite what the show is about ;)
Unstoppable, considering he plans on retiring after this venture
The tour is about celebrating his career, a farewell to the fans & people who remember him, its not a driving force, its a goodbye

so the opening song should be something like for all time, she's out of my life or gone too soon.

Unbreakable cos it would be a chance to see what dance routine he woulda came up with had he made the music vid for it

Back