What songs were worked on or mentioned for Xscape, Michael, Bad 25, TUC, etc?

I don't understand why Throwing Your Life Away was skipped twice.
It's speculated that the estate des not have access to the multitrack of that song so they can't do much with it in terms of remixing.
So this is the final list:

Xscape:
-Hot Fun In The Summertime [Off The Wall Sessions?]
Hot Fun is unknown to be from what era exactly but it was recorded sometime between 1998-2003.

According to people who went to MJ Music Day's seminar from last year Dream Away was also considered for Xscape. As for Who Do You Know the info comes from Korgnex, but he didn't specify which album was it considered for exactly so that's why I put a question mark next to it. https://www.mjjcommunity.com/thread...ng-to-promote-thriller-40.201155/post-4543268
I think the attendees got that wrong, as that’s the exact same story for “Chicago 1945” — the estate wanted to remix it, he said no. He also said elsewhere that he didn’t want to release “Dream Away” with MJ’s vocals, which contradicts this idea.

Remove the last three songs from XSCAPE.

Allegedly the multitrack was lost in MJ’s lifetime and a proper mix was never done. Hard to release something on an album if you can’t mix it.
Why remove? And yes that is true. So not even Brad Sundberg has the multitracks?

Why remove? And yes that is true. So not even Brad Sundberg has the multitracks?
Brad was an assistant engineer only (if I'm not wrong). Most of the Bad demos were found by Matt Forger during research for Bad 25 in 2012. If he couldn't locate them back then, they're lost for now.

I think the attendees got that wrong, as that’s the exact same story for “Chicago 1945” — the estate wanted to remix it, he said no. He also said elsewhere that he didn’t want to release “Dream Away” with MJ’s vocals, which contradicts this idea.
But it could have been mentioned or wanted to be on Xscape?

Brad was an assistant engineer only (if I'm not wrong). Most of the Bad demos were found by Matt Forger during research for Bad 25 in 2012. If he couldn't locate them back then, they're lost for now.
So there are no Bad demos that could have missed/scrapped or been considered for Bad 25?

True, but you can tell that the vocals have been autotuned so it's not far-fetched to say Steve may have worked on it for a possible posthumous release, similarly to how he's been touching up on C1945 for years now. Though those are valid points you make so that's why I put a question mark next to it.

Okay so I’m guessing he just has the mix from back when they worked on it.

And sorry for asking a lot of questions that you may not know, but do you know if there are any songs that were considered or mentioned for Thriller 40 as well?
No need to be sorry. Again, great question. The whole project was announced out of the blue, so there's not much info of what went behind the scenes.

No need to be sorry. Again, great question. The whole project was announced out of the blue, so there's not much info of what went behind the scenes.
Thanks! I am still decently new to the community (I joined in 2018) but mostly enjoy concerts so just wanted to learn more about the unreleased material (cause I like a decent handful of demos, even tho I enjoy listening to live stuff more).

Thanks! I am still decently new to the community (I joined in 2018) but mostly enjoy concerts so just wanted to learn more about the unreleased material (cause I like a decent handful of demos, even tho I enjoy listening to live stuff more).
You're on the right side then 😂

"Dream Away" was played in the middle of the seminar. This same story was told by Porcaro just after this listening. I had thought about it at that time. And we listened to "Chicago 1945" at the end.

Make a wish and Neverland landing I think they are like dream away

They could have just asked for both songs.

Stargate also mentioned hearing a few things that they didn't vibe with before A Place with No Name; maybe they considered more titles but no work was done on them.

Back