What songs were worked on or mentioned for Xscape, Michael, Bad 25, TUC, etc?

He hasn’t found it yet. Might be lost.

Throwin’ Your Life Away supposedly was also considered for TUC.
All of this stuff would have been better than the stuff we got, I don’t understand how they thought that the songs we have now were better. Also is it just me or does the estate act like Michael lost everything and they don’t have like anything to release?

anyone heard the song Sun Sets? the Dr Freeze demo is online but cant find any other info on if MJ recorded vocals

Yes, hence why I mentioned the reworked version from 2001 with Fats.
There been any confirmation of this beyond fan rumour? I've seen it talked about for years but never actually seen any sources.

I remember reading it somewhere from somebody in the production, can't remember if it was an engineer or Rodney himself.
It's Rodney. It's on his website and everything. Chicago 1945 is the one who's up in the air.

maybe we can contact Fats and ask him on which songs he rapped.

xD

It seems the fan conjecture about Cheater 2001 started here, in 2011. With no proof or evidence, but a lot of confidence.

You'd think someone would've asked Rodney about this stuff already, he's like the most visible MJ collaborator left

Yes, hence why I mentioned the reworked version from 2001 with Fats.
There's actually no evidence that Cheater 2001 ft Fats exists. Rodney never recalled working on the track (he did mention MJ playing him Slave to the Rhythm, but said they never worked on it), and there is no filing with the US Copyright Office for a different version of Cheater. I also find it suspicious that there are a lot of fake snippets of this supposed track circulating online. Until I see definitive proof, it's most likely just a rumor and doesn't exist.

There wasn't really anything from prior sessions worked on during Invincible times was there? A lot of new material instead.

There wasn't really anything from prior sessions worked on during Invincible times was there? A lot of new material instead.
Not really, supposedly “In The Back” was still worked on after HIStory during the early Invincible sessions, but not sure anything else was brought up.

Did we ever figure out what era this is from? I have a feeling the less polished/mumbling vocals are from the Thriller Era, and the main part of the song when he says clearly “Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round” is from Bad 25 released version or Dangerous version. I also have a feeling the instruments might be a mix of all Thriller, Bad and Dangerous versions. Some parts of the instrumental sound the same as Bad 25, while some seem more advanced.

What do you all think?

If possible, @Korgnex could you give us more clarity? I think it has been long enough, and you are not giving away too much.

Did we ever figure out what era this is from? I have a feeling the less polished/mumbling vocals are from the Thriller Era, and the main part of the song when he says clearly “Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round” is from Bad 25 released version or Dangerous version. I also have a feeling the instruments might be a mix of all Thriller, Bad and Dangerous versions. Some parts of the instrumental sound the same as Bad 25, while some seem more advanced.

What do you all think?
Korgnex said in this forum that it's not from the Thriller era, but he also said in the YT description that it's not from the Bad era, so that leaves us with the Dangerous era.

Korgnex said in this forum that it's not from the Thriller era, but he also said in the YT description that it's not from the Bad era, so that leaves us with the Dangerous era.
So the whole song is a mixture of the Bad Era and Dangerous version? The only reason I think that is because he said in the YT description that it has some parts of the released version. Also where did he say that it’s not from the Thriller Era?

So the whole song is a mixture of the Bad Era and Dangerous version? The only reason I think that is because he said in the YT description that it has some parts of the released version. Also where did he say that it’s not from the Thriller Era?

technically the released version is a mixture of Thriller & Bad sessions
Oh yeah that is true, I heard the Bad 25 version still has some Thriller vocals, just the difference was he re-recorded some, and has either the same or more refined instrumental.

Back