Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what I could get from his review, it's not truly better, it's different. An alternative, new way of listening to the album with a different approach.
Honestly, wider soundstage and great detail, that's just standard MoFi stuff haha, i was truly expecting exactly that from this remaster, it will be a fun experience.
NGL I kinda want the vinyl record but it's way too expensive. SACD seems like a good compromise. (They are both overpriced, lol)

I find charging extra for a CD with a properly done master on it kinda ridiculous tbh
Considering both the LP and the SACD come from the same DSD source, i'd say the SACD is a better deal, plus it's a hybrid SACD which means it will be playable on a regular CD player... so that's convenient, at least.
And yeah, price is kind of ridiculous but rather than paying for the master you're mainly just paying the brand and the (mostly death) audio format lol

What other options apart from Roll The Dice are known?

Holy shit, now I'm even more excited for the announcement. Hopefully it's Roll The Dice 🤞
Rolling the dice is big title for making 0 number i think can be buffalo bill or stand tall or maybe they will shock us with slapstick or say say say demo or i never heard

What other options apart from Roll The Dice are known?
Buffallo Bill
Doing Dirty
Don't Matter To Me
Learned My Lesson
MJ Melody
Neverland Landing
Nymphette Lover
Happy Song
I'm Peter Pan
Make A Wish
Somewhere In Time
Stand Tall (If a version with MJ's vocals exists)
Victory
Why Can't I Be?

It could be any of those.

Rolling the dice is big title for making 0 number i think can be buffalo bill or stand tall or maybe they will shock us with slapstick or say say say demo or i never heard
"Roll The Dice" fits probably. That's the name that's registered on the B.M.I database.

Buffallo Bill
Doing Dirty
Don't Matter To Me
Learned My Lesson
MJ Melody
Neverland Landing
Nymphette Lover
Happy Song
I'm Peter Pan
Make A Wish
Somewhere In Time
Stand Tall (If a version with MJ's vocals exists)
Victory
Why Can't I Be?

It could be any of those.
All those not recorded only buffalo bill

#Thriller40 is not a release for the mass, as simple as that. But well, even so, the promotional strategy towards the key fanbase is hardly existent either, apart from cheap weekly announcements.

Regarding the song selection: If the last song is totally unheared, I am overall very satisfied with this anniversary release. However, Sunset Driver and CGOTR should have not been part of this project. It would even be better to have two less songs in the tracklist, instead of those two.

Can't wait for a future Hot Street release. Either on Thriller 50 or maybe earlier on another new MJ Album similar to Michael/Xscape. I hope they do not wait too long, but it is actually smart to keep a few unreleased "bangers" for potential high-budget projects. Niteline is too weak for a new album, so I guess this one will really be saved for Thriller 50.

#Thriller40 is not a release for the mass, as simple as that. But well, even so, the promotional strategy towards the key fanbase is hardly existent either, apart from cheap weekly announcements.

Regarding the song selection: If the last song is totally unheared, I am overall very satisfied with this anniversary release. However, Sunset Driver and CGOTR should have not been part of this project. It would even be better to have two less songs in the tracklist, instead of those two.

Can't wait for a future Hot Street release. Either on Thriller 50 or maybe earlier on another new MJ Album similar to Michael/Xscape.
See you at the next album. Thriller 50 release.

I'm actually glad to have an official release of the entire Carousel in the US, but there's no reason for Got the Hots (which I actually like!), CGOTR (which I don't like) or Sunset Driver to be on this. Put Hot Street, Nite Line, and the full version of the Lady in My Life instead...

Reactions: MJ5
“Something really new and rare”? Hmm, I wonder what that could be. I so hope it won’t be a remix because “really new” alludes to something which was made recently and “rare” sounds like something we have already heard. Kygo Remix of “Say Say Say” with Michael singing Paul’s part? Please God, no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back