Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anniversary album should be ;

dont understand why they didnt do something like that, the CD could have been (with very little more effort on the estate's side):

CD 1 - Main album (extended TLIML)
CD 2 - Unreleased Demos (the disk we are currently getting + all prev released demos like LNFSG and dont matter to me)
CD 3 - Main album Demos (early versions of album songs)
CD 4 - Rarities (Digital disk 3 but as an actual CD)
CD 5 - Instrumentals of main album

like that is so much more fuller and impactful, with like only one more unreleased song from the vault, thats it.

Best case scenario is Buffalo Bill. That is the holy grail of what's in the vault. MJ did say in the 1993 deposition that he wrote that right after Billie Jean. So maybe the Estate will dig that quote up and put that in the description. We'll see.

I think with Thriller 40 they are trying to reach a wider audience. You're not really going to do that with a $140 boxed set vs a $14 CD set.
Yes that makes sense. After all that Michael's legacy has been put through in last few years, it would be wise to try to reach as wide as possible, which typically means good content at lower price.

Now that we can't have both Hot Street & Niteline, I don't think we'll get either. I think they'll be included as bonus "Original Versions" on the deluxe edition of a new Xscape-like album, joining brand new mixes/production of those songs on the main part of such an album. That still leaves us with the demo of Hot Street, so I wouldn't be surprised if SLAPSTICK is our 10th track.

Last edited:
dont understand why they didnt do something like that, the CD could have been (with very little more effort on the estate's side):

CD 1 - Main album (extended TLIML)
CD 2 - Unreleased Demos (the disk we are currently getting + all prev released demos like LNFSG and dont matter to me)
CD 3 - Main album Demos (early versions of album songs)
CD 4 - Rarities (Digital disk 3 but as an actual CD)
CD 5 - Instrumentals of main album

like that is so much more fuller and impactful, with like only one more unreleased song from the vault, thats it.

Yep, doing this wouldn't stop them offering and advertising a 2-disc edition at all so not really understanding why that's being brought up as a reason for them not.

Last edited:
Can anyone warn Brad Sundberg and Steve Porcaro? Recording stuff in seminars is not only disrespectful and pityful, but also illegal.
This isn't a Sundberg seminar, the security will be much more tight, the recording most likely wont happen or be successful.

Ask Frenzi
“The decision of American singer-songwriter, entertainer, dancer, child prodigy and singing extraordinaire Michael Jackson to not include his song ‘Buffalo Bill’ on his 1987 ‘Bad’ album was an execrable one.

According to American soldier and bison hunter William Cody, Quincy Jones had a great influence on Michael Jackson during this time and thought the title was not aggressive enough and would not fit with the overall aggressive tone of that album.”

“The decision of American singer-songwriter, entertainer, dancer, child prodigy and singing extraordinaire Michael Jackson to not include his song ‘Buffalo Bill’ on his 1987 ‘Bad’ album was an execrable one.

According to American soldier and bison hunter William Cody, Quincy Jones had a great influence on Michael Jackson during this time and thought the title was not aggressive enough and would not fit with the overall aggressive tone of that album.”
Who heard buffalo bill ?

I think last song can be buffalo bill. Rolling the dice .alright now .make a wish Neverland landing .Groove of midnight

I think with Thriller 40 they are trying to reach a wider audience. You're not really going to do that with a $140 boxed set vs a $14 CD set.
A "Collector's Edition" is something that can be released on top of an affordable Anniversary edition. Just like they did with the Prince album Sign O' The Times.
I don't think they're aiming at a wider or younger audience with the "Thriller 40" 2CD package. It's simply people between 40 and 60 who will buy their second (or third) Thriller CD ... Sign O' The Times. ;)

A "Collector's Edition" is something that can be released on top of an affordable Anniversary edition. Just like they did with the Prince album Sign O' The Times.
I don't think they're aiming at a wider or younger audience with the "Thriller 40" 2CD package. It's simply people between 40 and 60 who will buy their second (or third) Thriller CD ... Sign O' The Times. ;)
Funnily enough, if i bought the physical edition of Thriller 40 it would be the 3rd Thriller CD i own :p

Funnily enough, if i bought the physical edition of Thriller 40 it would be the 3rd Thriller CD i own :p
Thriller 40 will be my 8th, 9th, and possibly 10th copy of Thriller ( joining the 3 vinyls I bought in 1982 & 1983 and the 4 CDs since). Definitely getting the 2CD and the MoFi SACD, and maybe plunge for the MoFi Vinyl at a later stage.

I was under the impression everybody has heard buffalo bill by now, you’re not a true fan if you haven’t

Reactions: ssj
A fan met Branca & asked him if there is anything exciting happening with The Estate.

His reply?

“Biopic coming soon!”

I wish this was a joke.
U1PjLFCA3pi6hXcGFtimgh_JggE=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back