Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope if it's not on Thriller 40, Steve Porcaro doesn't play Chicago 1945 in Paris on the 12th for his seminar thing. That'd be unfair to fans in my opinion

I hope if it's not on Thriller 40, Steve Porcaro doesn't play Chicago 1945 in Paris on the 12th for his seminar thing. That'd be unfair to fans in my opinion
Someone on a Discord server fully plans on recording it. His recorder may not arrive in time, however.

The fact that he’s played it more than once makes it more and more likely a seminar recording will take place, which could push the Estate or Pocaro to never release it in HQ if it were to leak

The guy who tweeted that new and rare thing apparently is a trustworthy source or not? I mean you all seem to believe him, maybe I should get excited 😛

Someone on a Discord server fully plans on recording it. His recorder may not arrive in time, however.

The fact that he’s played it more than once makes it more and more likely a seminar recording will take place, which could push the Estate or Pocaro to never release it in HQ if it were to leak

The estate have no problem releasing leaks, and I think Porcaro wants the song out, he's just very aware The Estate will take the vocals and make it into a totally different song, and doesn't seem interested in allowing them to do that.

Last edited:

Meh I am perfectly capable of waiting till it gets an official release. That said I would listen to a leak, I always do but I wouldn’t be the one secretly recording stuff. It’s a bit sad if it is done for popularity and relevancy

The guy who tweeted that new and rare thing apparently is a trustworthy source or not? I mean you all seem to believe him, maybe I should get excited 😛

IIRC he knows people at Sony, he said he can't be sure what it is though so I guess we will see very soon.

Last edited:
State of Shock
This song was originally written and demoed by Michael for the Thriller album. After it didn't make the final cut Michael recorded the song again in 1984 - this time as a duet with Mick Jagger. It was eventually released on THE JACKSONS Victory album. For the first time ever, the original demo of this song is being released on this anniversary album.

Meh I am perfectly capable of waiting till it gets an official release. That said I would listen to a leak, I always do but I wouldn’t be the one secretly recording stuff. It’s a bit sad if it is done for popularity and relevancy
50/50 the person is gonna show off that they have the recording for clout and never actually post it lol.

State of Shock
This song was originally written and demoed by Michael for the Thriller album. After it didn't make the final cut Michael recorded the song again in 1984 - this time as a duet with Mick Jagger. It was eventually released on THE JACKSONS Victory album. For the first time ever, the original demo of this song is being released on this anniversary album.
Is this the final song???? Where did it leak??? Fuck the Estate if the final song is another damn re-issue.

It better be a joke, we are being told that the final song is new and rare and the demo of a released song (that's already been leaked btw) fits none of those descriptions lmao.
Yes it could be stand tall or groove of midnight or buffalo bill or rolling the dice or even i never heard .

State of Shock

If this were true it probably wouldn't even be the version with Freddie on it, either, lol

State of Shock
This is totally true made up. I was just killing time😇

I truely hope its something least expected and something unheard! If thats the case, i will forget they added CGOTR😜

Maybe next time hey? I wanna know the story of ‘Hot Street’ and why it wasn’t chosen. It has a summer sunset vibe to it, maybe it’s the use of the word ‘hot’ idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back