Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the delay be for a reason? Something else to be announced with it and stuff.

Subjectively, I don’t mind that “Hot Street” and “Nightline” didn’t make the cut. I don’t think either are worth the money or CD space.

Objectively, it’s kinda surprising. Gives off the impression that they’re saving it for something more substantial.
Could the delay be for a reason? Something else to be announced with it and stuff.
It’s not delayed. The announcements show up at various times throughout the hour.

It’s hilarious to me that this was supposed to be a grand, extravagant final reveal, and Amazon absolutely blew it lmfao
I also thought about exactly that.
But isn't it symbolic for the whole campaign once again? The estate seems to fumble it each & every time in more ways than they do good.
-first the cover art
-then those cheap, uncreative, unprofessional paint type font song reveals in black on white ground
-the lack of promo since MJ's birthday
-the godawful missed opportunity on Halloween to release Thriller/Making Of in 4K

There are more things that come to mind, general things like:
-what's up with that MJ website? In any case this site is so outdated, so unattractive & so boring. But especially with MJ you could do a real experience with all the visuals the man created.. The possibilities seem endless. Make each of his albums a virtual room, where you can stream the songs. Just imagine flowing through the different parts of an animated dangerous mask...
-next: what's up with those store sites? They are as outdated, slow & boring as the main site. Full of errors also. The pictures of the products they want us to buy suck so bad.
-don't get me started on the MJ merch itself. My god, are those shirts & stuff cheap, lazy put together, uncreative..

If you think about it, it's unfathomable how the GOAT entertainer of all time, has this kind of presence for his legacy & posthumous projects.

The announcement here in the UK was always at 5pm. Since the clocks have gone back by an hour two weeks ago, the announcement should have happened at 4pm. It is currently quarter to 5 here and still no announcement.

There's only 15 minutes left, they probably trying to figure out the right font size to fit the title in the gap

No point complaining about the Estate imo they are sabotaging his legacy on purpose. The people that control his estate arent even the people he wanted to control it.

-what's up with that MJ website? In any case this site is so outdated, so unattractive & so boring. But especially with MJ you could do a real experience with all the visuals the man created.. The possibilities seem endless. Make each of his albums a virtual room, where you can stream the songs. Just imagine flowing through the different parts of an animated dangerous mask...
-next: what's up with those store sites? They are as outdated, slow & boring as the main site. Full of errors also. The pictures of the products they want us to buy suck so bad.
-don't get me started on the MJ merch itself. My god, are those shirts & stuff cheap, lazy put together, uncreative..

If you think about it, it's unfathomable how the GOAT entertainer of all time, has this kind of presence for his legacy & posthumous projects.
I will never, never, never be able to understand how they can be content with such a godawful website. It beggars belief. It makes me want to cry - with boredom, with despair, with frustration. I hardly ever look at it - why would I want to? - but whenever I do I'm shocked all over again at how bad it is.

Your suggestions here are fabulous but they should just be the starting point. No offence, I genuinely love these ideas. What I'm trying to say is, what you've suggested here should almost be the least of what they do with the website. I'm not even a 'creative' but I can see how much potential is being wasted here.

The 'virtual room' idea I particularly love. I saw something like that on a university website about 8 / 9 years ago. It was something to do with an item they had in the archive, maybe an early edition Shakespeare, something like that. The point is, it worked brilliantly and that was just for a book, not for songs.

Just imagine flowing through the different parts of an animated dangerous mask...
Exactly! 😲

"[...] was still working on it in February 1982 [...]"

Isn't the copyright register also dated Feb 1982?

from facebook:
Michael first wrote and started work on this song in 1980 but was still working on it in February 1982 and considered it as a song for the Thriller album. When it failed to make the cut for “Thriller”, Michael considered it again for The Jacksons’ Victory album but chose to contribute three other songs to that album: “State of Shock”, “Be Not Always” (co-written with his brother Marlon) and “The Hurt” (co-written with his brother Randy, David Paich and Steve Porcaro). This demo has never been released previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back