Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotfi is very aggravating, but let’s not take shots at them for not being fluent. Having any sort of comprehension of a second language is a feat.
Yeah i guess it's pretty hard to learn a second language properly as an adult, i've never really stopped to think that i was really lucky to be able to learn english as a kid lol
However... not being fluent is not really an excuse to be extremely rude to anyone that disagrees with you

Yeah i guess it's pretty hard to learn a second language properly as an adult, i've never really stopped to think that i was really lucky to be able to learn english as a kid lol
However... not being fluent is not really an excuse to be extremely rude to anyone that disagrees with you
And he's presenting utter nonsense as facts. Remember when he insisted that Spice Of Life will be on Thriller 40?

I listened to the trouble snippet, seems to be the more finished version. Not gonna listen to the others lol

not listening to any of the leaks apart from starlight and she's trouble, and they sound immaculate. i cannot wait to hear wht the rest of the tracks will sound like!

not listening to any of the leaks apart from starlight and she's trouble, and they sound immaculate. i cannot wait to hear wht the rest of the tracks will sound like!
Same I'm just gonna wait. Really happy that they picked the more finished version of She's Trouble

You people surely aren't missing much lol. The leaks from yesterday are a lot more exciting than these songs.

We not hear full songs no need to be negative like this
We have enough to get an idea of how the songs sound like though. The instrumentals are extremely bland but then again, they're demos so I feel like I'm being harsh for no reason lol.

I applaud those of you who have the perseverance and strength to wait. I am not you.

Initial impressions:
  1. “Starlight” — Exactly what we heard decades ago, just in high quality. Uneventful.
  2. “Who Do You Know” — I like this a lot! Very simple, laid back mid-tempo groove with nice harmonies. Sounds like something that could’ve wound up on Triumph. (Honestly, add a new jack beat to this and I could see it being a great Dangerous candidate—it has that sort of bounce to it.)
  3. “What a Lovely Way to Go” — Turns out the leaked snippet from years ago is real. Very bare bones musically, but the vocal sounds developed. Strong Elton John vibes. I can see this on Victory.
  4. “The Toy” — Same as “Best of Joy,” with lesser production. Not sure how I feel about it honestly; the vocals especially don’t really do much for me.
  5. “She’s Trouble” — It’s the finished vocal! And the quality is outstanding!
  6. “Behind the Mask (Mike’s Mix)” — It’s more or less the Phillinganes instrumental with MJ’s vocals. Plus, it turns out there WAS a third verse with mumbled/nonsensical lyrics. Interesting, but I can already tell this won’t outdo the 2010 mix.
Overall, I LOVE what I’m hearing, and can’t wait to hear the final product!

I applaud those of you who have the perseverance and strength to wait. I am not you.

Initial impressions:
  1. “Starlight” — Exactly what we heard decades ago, just in high quality. Uneventful.
  2. “Who Do You Know” — I like this a lot! Very simple, laid back mid-tempo groove with nice harmonies. Sounds like something that could’ve wound up on Triumph. (Honestly, add a new jack beat to this and I could see it being a great Dangerous candidate—it has that sort of bounce to it.)
  3. “What a Lovely Way to Go” — Turns out the leaked snippet from years ago is real. Very bare bones musically, but the vocal sounds developed. Strong Elton John vibes. I can see this on Victory.
  4. “The Toy” — Same as “Best of Joy,” with lesser production. Not sure how I feel about it honestly; the vocals especially don’t really do much for me.
  5. “She’s Trouble” — It’s the finished vocal! And the quality is outstanding!
  6. “Behind the Mask (Mike’s Mix)” — It’s more or less the Phillinganes instrumental with MJ’s vocals. Plus, it turns out there WAS a third verse with mumbled/nonsensical lyrics. Interesting, but I can already tell this won’t outdo the 2010 mix.
Overall, I LOVE what I’m hearing, and can’t wait to hear the final product!
I am satisfied enough (im talking for snippets)

The Toy and Who Do You Know are really starting to grow on me, I feel like I judged too early lol. The instrumentals are definitely lacking though.

The Toy and Who Do You Know are really starting to grow on me, I feel like I judged too early lol. The instrumentals are definitely lacking though.
Yeah this all songs can't make final cut for album don't forget that 😆 i really like all songs but im not sure about mastering and audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back