Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be nice to hear it in better quality I guess. We knew there would be a few songs on Disc 2 that we'd already know

Okay so we know that the rumoured track list that leaked on Amazon was incorrect. I guess that is more promising as it adds some mystery!

YES! So excited to hear this one in HQ!

Just hopped on Twitter and saw more than a few users (including some dedicated fan accounts) say they’ve never heard it. Very interesting. Hopefully it’s the finished version as produced by Quincy, and not the scratch vocal.

Last edited:
Now we just have to trust they use the obviously more completed version with most completed vocals on it for the release. I don't mind She's Trouble at all.

I am also purposely not playing any Thriller or Thriller outtake/demo lately until the release, just to give a weak attempt at being unbiased. It's the least I can do

YES! So excited to hear this one in HQ!

Just hopped on Twitter and saw more than a few users (including some dedicated fan accounts) say they’ve never heard it. Very interesting. Hopefully it’s the finished version as produced by Quincy, and not the scratch vocal.

I'd assume it's the more finished version.

🎉🎊🍾 SHE‘S TROUBLE 🚀🚀🚀

Love it!!!

Also hope for the full vocal take & high quality.. much more power in his delivery!

But in terms of the titles they are definitely 2/2 so far. For me at least.
Now bring on Hot Street & Nite Line & then some unknown/never heard stuff..

Last edited:
since they also released different demo versions of "12 O Clock" and "Blue Gangster" i hope they consider a different demo for "shes trouble" than whats online already.

since they also released different demo versions of "12 O Clock" and "Blue Gangster" i hope they consider a different demo for "shes trouble" than whats online already.
we have two leaked demos, they are going to include the most complete

How do yall know it's a complete version? Where is that sourced from
Three different versions leaked: a writer's demo by Terry Britten, a higher-quality version with an incomplete take, and a low-quality version that has complete vocals and a more fleshed-out production.

Three different versions leaked: a writer's demo by Terry Britten, a higher-quality version with an incomplete take, and a low-quality version that has complete vocals and a more fleshed-out production.
Where Is this low quality version you speak of with complete vocals?

Where Is this low quality version you speak of with complete vocals?
I don't know where or how I found it, but it's on my computer right now. It has backing vocals, the same lyrics as the writer's demo (ex; "I'm in trouble, I know it" in the second half of the chorus rather than a repeat of "She's trouble, I know it."), and it lasts slightly longer (4:05 vs the 3:46 timing the first take demo had). I believe the higher quality version was a rehearsal take, while the LQ version was from the actual sessions.

I don't know where or how I found it, but it's on my computer right now. It has backing vocals, the same lyrics as the writer's demo (ex; "I'm in trouble, I know it" in the second half of the chorus rather than a repeat of "She's trouble, I know it."), and it lasts slightly longer (4:05 vs the 3:46 timing the first take demo had). I believe the higher quality version was a rehersal take, while the LQ version was from the actual sessions.
That's interesting. I really would love to hear those bgv. I wonder why they aren't on the leaked version. Usually he lays down the bgv then goes for the lead. This a bit different.

Lmao I wonder if I'm the only one who listens to the music as they announce em

I don't know where or how I found it, but it's on my computer right now. It has backing vocals, the same lyrics as the writer's demo (ex; "I'm in trouble, I know it" in the second half of the chorus rather than a repeat of "She's trouble, I know it."), and it lasts slightly longer (4:05 vs the 3:46 timing the first take demo had). I believe the higher quality version was a rehearsal take, while the LQ version was from the actual sessions.

This?

Was does Mike’s mix mean for behind the mask? It Is not some DJ’s spin on the track I hope?

track 32: ‘thriller 7 special edit’ is my favourite version of the song 💜 so glad it will be officially released in digital format.

The name "She's Trouble (Demo)" gives me bad vibes, makes me think they're gonna release the more incomplete version we've all already got in lossless...

I doubt they will release the earlier unfinished version of "She's Trouble". The Estate will always release the most completed version they have available that was completed during that era if it is a song that has not been officially released in the past. From what we have learned in the past MJ was not a fan of releasing unfinished or in progress tracks unless he never fully completed them and only had a rough version available (Fall Again is a good example).

I doubt they will release the earlier unfinished version of "She's Trouble". The Estate will always release the most completed version they have available that was completed during that era if it is a song that has not been officially released in the past. From what we have learned in the past MJ was not a fan of releasing unfinished or in progress tracks unless he never fully completed them and only had a rough version available (Fall Again is a good example).
They seemingly released the earliest versions they could find on Xscape. We can only hope they'll release the more complete version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back