Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The estate didn’t label any of the tracks on B25 as demos despite some of them objectively meeting that criteria, so I’m assuming the signifier doesn’t have too much of a meaning to them. Hopefully, at least!
Blue Gangsta is the most recent one for example
Are you referring to the mix of BG that’s on Xscape? If so, that’s one of the early ones; the leaked version, with extra drums and extended bridge, is among the most recent.

Blue Gangsta is the most recent one for example
Wrong there's the leaked version and even another more complete version of it in existance which we've never heard, the estate didn't bother looking for the final version.

They seemingly released the earliest versions they could find on Xscape. We can only hope they'll release the more complete version.
That is a very good point. XSCAPE was a different type of release though. That was more to take tracks from all eras and modernize them to make them appear to be a "new" album. For the releases that focus on era specific content like the Special Editions, Ultimate Collection and Bad 25 there seems be a better focus on finding the most complete version from that era.

Great find! And hilarious oversight on the estate’s part lol. I tried the same with a couple later dates with no success. Looks like they upload a week in advance.

I’m absolutely THRILLED that “The Toy” made the cut. “Best of Joy” is fantastic and I can’t wait to hear it with an ‘80s vocal!

I am super excited now. I had only expected one new (unleaked) song. So, I would have been already satisfied with the announcement of Behind the Mask DEMO. Looking forward to Night LIne and Hot Street. These two have to be part of this release as well! I wonder about the remaining 5 songs then.

I am super excited now. I had only expected one new (unleaked) song. So, I would have been already satisfied with the announcement of Behind the Mask DEMO. Looking forward to Night LIne and Hot Street. These two have to be part of this release as well! I wonder about the remaining 5 songs then.
Hoping for Nymphette Lover.

So, as of now, we’ve got:
  1. Behind the Mask
  2. She’s Trouble
  3. The Toy
  4. Nightline (assumed)
  5. Hot Street (assumed)
That leaves five open spots. I’m really not sure what else could be included, since the tracks seem to be spread out randomly and don’t really align to any sort of clear format (e.g., new tracks first and demos last, vice versa). Carousel seems like a sensible inclusion since its only high-profile release was that stupid shortened edit.

1. Behind the Mask
  2. She’s Trouble
  3. The Toy
  4. Nightline (assumed)
  5. Hot Street (assumed)
That leaves five open spots. I’m really not sure what else could be included, since the tracks seem to be spread out randomly and don’t really align to any sort of clear format (e.g., new tracks first and demos last, vice versa). Carousel seems like a sensible inclusion since its only high-profile release was that stupid shortened edit.
This is the reveal. The tracks on the album are different.
5. BTM
10. Trouble

Source: Apple Music

1. Behind the Mask
  2. She’s Trouble
  3. The Toy
  4. Nightline (assumed)
  5. Hot Street (assumed)
It's honestly more like:

1. Behind the Mask
2. She's Trouble
3. The Toy
4. Nightline
5. Hot Street
6. Carousel
7. Starlight (because uploads have been taken down recently)
8. idk, lol
9. idk, lol
10. idk lol

That leaves five unleaked tracks for our bonus disc, unless they plan on including Got the Hots in there, which would still amount to four unleaked songs regardless.

Why Can't I Be
Attitude
Thank You for Life
Nymphette Lover
Somewhere In Time
Rolling The Dice

I guess all could be possibilities... Chicago 1945/Buffalo Bill after Thriller but in that era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back